This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

West Central Illinois Auction with D17 Series IV

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CORY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: West Central Illinois Auction with D17 Series IV
    Posted: 11 Feb 2012 at 7:12pm
Did anyone go to the auction today at Exeter IL and see the Series IV D17 sell?  Looked good from the pictures with a set of front weights.  Serial number was around 650 from the last one.  Just curious what it brought.
Sponsored Links

Pat the Plumber CIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pat the Plumber CIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2012 at 8:44pm
It never fails .I always miss auctions that have something I want. I would have gone to this one .I was even searching auction zip this morning looking for a auction to go to. In the listing there was a 3pt.4 btm plow I would have bought. Oh well,,, thanks for posting Corey.Maybe someone will post prices.
You only need to know 3 things to be a plumber;Crap rolls down hill,Hot is on the left and Don't bite your fingernails

1964 D-17 SIV 3 Pt.WF,1964 D-15 Ser II 3pt.WF ,1960 D-17 SI NF,1956 WD 45 WF.
Eric[IL] View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eric[IL] Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2012 at 10:44am
I was there for about an hour, then had to leave.  My daughter received a DAR award and I did not want to miss that.

I did test drive the D17 IV early that day before the auction.  It started right up and ran great.  It had the factory 3pt, duals, & 4 bottom plow sitting beside it.  Whoever bought it got a real cream puff as it only had just over 3600 hours.  I also had the chance to speak to the owner's son in law about it.  He said that every spring he & his father in law changed engine oil whether it had 20 hours or 100 hours.  All of the equipment was in excellent shape.  I put in a bid for it, but did not get it.  Auctioneer said that it sold for either $6250 or $6750 - he could not remember exactly?
Pat the Plumber CIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pat the Plumber CIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2012 at 6:29pm
Thanks for posting Eric as I found out about this auction after it happened. Glad to hear the D-17 went for more than I could have payed for it.LOL I would have liked to have bid on that plow though. Was there much A/C stuff other than tractor and plow?
You only need to know 3 things to be a plumber;Crap rolls down hill,Hot is on the left and Don't bite your fingernails

1964 D-17 SIV 3 Pt.WF,1964 D-15 Ser II 3pt.WF ,1960 D-17 SI NF,1956 WD 45 WF.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic