This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Value of very rough non running 220 FWA

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
ToddSin NY View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ToddSin NY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2013 at 4:43pm
Did they use the same front axle as Oliver? The front axle looks alot like the one on dads 2255.
Sponsored Links

JayIN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JayIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2013 at 4:02pm
AMEN, BROTHER!
sometimes I walk out to my shop and look around and think "Who's the idiot that owns this place?"
TerryMN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TerryMN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2013 at 3:53pm
I have found in life a big ole bucket of banded $100 bills right in the guys face cures a lot of sentimemtal value. You just have to be willing to part with the big ole bucket of money.

Roger Welsch once had a test to see if you were fit to be a tractor collector. He said you find your self a bushel basket. Drive to your bank have them fill it with money lots of money. Then drive to the highest spot you know of on a windy day. Throw the basket in the air several times till all of the money blew away. If this did not bother you at all; you will make a great tractor collector.

Terry
Glockhead SWMI View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glockhead SWMI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2013 at 1:39pm
I dont want to sound to negative but I hate owners like that. It sure looks like it means a lot to him.... just a hint of sarcasm.... 
mm1468 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mm1468 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2013 at 12:48pm
I talked to owner and he said that he does not want to sell it since it is the first tractor he ever bought new. He appreciated my sons interest in it but the had a lot of sentimental value to he and his dad. He said he has been wanting to get it moved to their shop for years but just hasn't got to it. I will keep my eye on it though.
Glockhead SWMI View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glockhead SWMI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2013 at 12:38pm
Anyone contact the owner on this yet? 
TerrySWIA View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TerrySWIA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2013 at 3:42pm
What dictates a lot of the price in the collector market is ego. Rarity doesn't always play in the price factor. The 220 was the biggest & baddest that Allis had to offer at the time. It was also the only one offered with FWA option. The high crops was an option on several models, although equally as rare. Whatever you collect, usually the more horsepower, the more money. Almost always a V8 will bring more than a strait 6 in collector cars, no matter how rare.
BiG210 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BiG210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2013 at 3:41pm
Thumbs Up I hope your son is the one to get it and restore it for the FFA contest and that everyone one on this sit mite help him in any way to restore it good luck. what a great find
Nate (OH) View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nate (OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2013 at 3:36pm
Originally posted by RichinWis RichinWis wrote:

I saw one of those sell in northern Ohio about 10 years ago, and even if I wanted it I would not have been able to. Thats why it is nice to have friends to visit that have one.
Same here.  Have a friend of the family that owns one here in northern Ohio.  Love to admire it whenever I get the chance.  Don't think owning one would ever be an option for me. 
DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2013 at 2:31pm
Im with Fred, like to see it go up for auction , the fun would begin
oregontrailbeans View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oregontrailbeans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2013 at 2:11pm
Was this the 220 that was sitting near Irrigon close the the Army Ammunition Depot?
Henry se/k! View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Henry se/k! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2013 at 1:46pm
I'am with Eldon. What makes this tractor so high priced. Only built 70 some D-19 high crops.and I know of 25 that are left. Not worth near that kind of money. How come so many people want this tractor that would cost many bucks to restore???
220allis View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 220allis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2013 at 10:45am
I guess I will say what I think 20k maybe 25 would be fair but if u want one 30 we have owed 4 still have 3 of them bid on worse yellow one also in WA state was last bid before it went to Indiana as steted had no ring gear or carrier in front axle but since we had one 220 fwa on the trailer we passed on that one six years ago they have gone up sine 2003 five thousand per year If the ones advertised for 45 k sold for that I personally know a lot of these tractors survive most people who have them don't want to be hassled by people who want to buy them at low ball prices so they are in the sheds hid away from jockeys and the like who bombard farm papers with ads for fwa tractors just our experience from buying ours over the last few years one last thing our salvage yard has tin and engine parts stacked up like cord wood from all the 220s killed in the late 80s so I think donor pats
do not need to come from another killed 220 sorry for the rant

RichinWis View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RichinWis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2013 at 10:37am
I saw one of those sell in northern Ohio about 10 years ago, and even if I wanted it I would not have been able to. Thats why it is nice to have friends to visit that have one.
AC200Puller View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC200Puller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2013 at 10:30am
I agree Gary supply and demand sets the price.
Gary(WI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary(WI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2013 at 8:05am
Does not matter on how rare it is It matters how many people want one  If there is 50 and 1000 people want one It gonna be expensive    Ther could be 50 and 10 people want them and they are not going to cost that much  Just my opinion  Gary
Fred in Pa View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fred in Pa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2013 at 7:56am
I would love to see this 220 FWA go up on the Auction Block in the Mid West area .Then we would find out on that given day what it would be WORTH to the HIGHEST BIDDER !!!!
Just a thought .
Rfdeere View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rfdeere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2013 at 11:15pm
   I have been thinking about this. If there were 100 Model 220 FWA's built and 50 have survived, are they really that rare per say ? Yes, I will completely agree that they are a very highly sought, scarce tractor. But there are sure alot of them out there compared to how many were built.
Randy Freshour,Member Indiana AC Partners,
http://www.rumelyallis.com
Eldon (WA) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eldon (WA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2013 at 10:12pm
Originally posted by mm1468 mm1468 wrote:

what would be some other rare allis tractors that we could look for that he could restore for the contest? thanks
Well I have one that is even more rare than the 220 FWA.....an IB Crane tractor as shown in Norm Swinford's Construction Machinery and Industrial Equipment book on page 248. I have never seen another like it and no one else has come up with another picture of one. It would be an easy restore.....and it is located here in Washington! It is for sale.....
ALLIS EXPRESS!
This year:
acwdwcman View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acwdwcman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2013 at 9:58pm
i think that you should at least see if this guy will sell it to you. tell him what it is for. (this can be a big determining factor.) and if you can't get he tractor then try to find another rare tractor. 

for another tractor that is not as rare as this but would still be close to a winner with the judges would be a 20 35 allis. it is a really old one, but i don't know if your are looking for something this old or looking for a tractor form the 60's and 70's.

just my $0.02 
wd with a freeman model 90 trip loader, wd45, 38 unstylled wc, b 10 garden tractor and 2-14 ac trip plow. grandpa has a 56 wd45. wd. allis chalmers snap coupler blade and 3 bottom snap coupler plow
Don(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Don(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2013 at 9:51pm
Depends on what caliber of rare tractor you want. You started on the high side of rare with that one.

From other posters it sounds like this one has been known about and pursued in the past....or even changed locations?

Have you been back there again? What do you know about the history of this one?
Galatians 5:22-24

"I got a pig at home in a pen and corn to feed him on, All I need is a pretty little girl to feed him when I'm gone!"
mm1468 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mm1468 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2013 at 9:40pm
what would be some other rare allis tractors that we could look for that he could restore for the contest? thanks
AlVee View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlVee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2013 at 6:42pm
I also see the injector lines are laying on the front weights pump is probably gone and injectors are probably open or gone too so hence water in the motor. but still a good start to a front assist 220 i would defiantly twist the guys arm to get it bought. i might even go as high as $15,000 
DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2013 at 4:23pm
I believe the potatoe diggers in the AC story book by CH Wendel
Orange Blood View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orange Blood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2013 at 2:51pm
Here are just a few of my thoughts on this tractor.  Personally I don't see the need for a donor tractor, while I cannot see the other side of her, the only thing that appears to be missing mechanically is the turbo, and probably the oil cooler.  The front grill may be gone, or it may be in the weeds like the hood.  This tractor may have been vandalized, but that appears to me to have been limited to the cab.  The front of the tractor was "disassembled" probably has something to do with the missing turbo, which may indicate engine troubles.  Non of which should keep a guy from trying to buy it, but something is fishy here, and I don't want to call anybody a lier so I will keep it to myself for now.

What I really want to know about is the potato digger, that is an Allis also?????  Never knew they made one, never have ever really cared, but it is something most of us have never seen either, have any more information about that?
Still in use:
HD7 WC C CA WD 2-WD45 WD45LP WD45D D14 3-D17 D17LP 2-D19D D19LP 190XTD 190XTLP 720 D21 220 7020 7030 7040 7045 3-7060
Projects: 3-U UC 2-G 2-B 2-C CA 7-WC RC WDLP WF D14 D21 210 7045 N7
dpower View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dpower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2013 at 12:09pm
Earliest serial number i have seen in person is 2227.
bdallman View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bdallman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2013 at 10:16am
Sorry for incorrect spelling kirk!
I need to swing by sometime and see how everything is.
I know they updated your gates and bin fill on your site.
Your 4w220 was a very nice tractor. Can't wait to see the 220 fixed up!

Brett
1954 CA, 1952 WD with Freeman Loader,1955 WD45, 1963 D19 Gas, 1984 620H, 1980’s AC Forklift, 66 All Crop Harvester, White Top Roto Baler, Misc S.C. Equip and AC Collectibles.
allis4ever View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allis4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2013 at 9:01am
Welton lol. And it is not for sale as you stated. If memory serves me it is serial number 2443.   Dad sold the 4w220 this fall to a guy over by marshalltown.   Two other 4w220's in the area. One just got sold and is heading to Green Bay and another that I suspect is staying right where it is.

On a Side note if anyone knows where I could get a identical front rim for my 220fwa I would appreciate it. Have one that is a little rotten around the valve stem and would rather replace than try to weld it up someday.
bdallman View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bdallman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2013 at 8:45am
I know of a guy in Garwin Iowa that has a 220 fwa and also a 4w220
His name is kirk Wilton he has a bin site on the south edge of town.
I don't think he wants to sell. But if some of you are keeping track of serial numbers I can get that from him.
1954 CA, 1952 WD with Freeman Loader,1955 WD45, 1963 D19 Gas, 1984 620H, 1980’s AC Forklift, 66 All Crop Harvester, White Top Roto Baler, Misc S.C. Equip and AC Collectibles.
darrel in ND View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2013 at 8:15am
Darryl, kind of cool that yours and Kevin's 4W220 serial numbers are consecutive. Darrel
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic