This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tomorrow will be something different

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2018 at 2:45am
cool...Darrrel, I did that for years too, trying to gits stuff paid off sooner and when I was buying equipment for farming. I think you'll enjoy the rides, now...don't go drinking it all up on brewskies! lol good luck and drive safe buddy!
Sponsored Links

LeonR2013 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeonR2013 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2018 at 10:04pm
All that paperwork blame on the doctors and lawyers. Everything has to be just so so nowadays.
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2018 at 9:56pm
so how's the new job coming along buddy?
darrel in ND View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2018 at 8:18am
Got one full week under my belt now. I have some really great co workers and boss. I really can't complain about it. Things have been really slow there so far, as no one is out in the field putting down any chemical yet. I know that when my crop is going in here at home without me, it'll probably be a little tougher to go to work. Kind of feeling bad about the load I'm putting on my son's shoulder's. I am quite sure that he can handle it, but he has got mother's temper (I still have mine) and so I worry about him flying off the handle and doing something stupid when things don't go right. I guess his guardian angel will have to watch over him, just like mine watched over me. (that poor angel is glad I settled down). A little better funding by my income may improve things enough so that it'll actually go better without me being here. Darrel
farmboy520 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farmboy520 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2018 at 8:31am
Darrel, I’m in the same boat as you. My brother and I both have full time jobs and farm when we get done with those. The spring is the hardest since dad has passed away because it is some long hours. I work as a plant manager at a fertilizer co-op and the hours are long there not to mention planting 80 acres after work. Don’t give up though. My son is getting to age where he can help when he is out of school and his homework is finished and helps us a little. I still enjoy seeing my crop come up every year and the reward at harvest. It will just take a little getting use to it.
The Consultator View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Consultator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2018 at 10:04am
My grandfather was very fortunate in the scene that he never had to work a conventional job and farm. He began leasing out his land about 12 years ago, and now he tinkers around keeping the house and buildings up. I love being able to help him when I can. God bless all of you and your families for working so hard to provide for the rest of us! Darrel, I'm glad to heart hings are going we ll so far!
1939 Allis-Chalmers "B" restored in 2010- very good condition.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic