This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thinking of selling My Wd45

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote what66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Thinking of selling My Wd45
    Posted: 01 Oct 2017 at 9:54pm
Hi guys I'm think of selling my wd45 it runs good and burns a little oil  but the bad rim and tire cost so much I can't buy one.
I think I should let it go to someone who can afford to fix it right.
I have a very small property so I'm thinking of getting a small skid steer.
I feel bad I love my tractor but just can't spend the money to fix it up I can get a small skid steer for 1500-2000 I missed the last 2 but there should be one somewhere.
Have any of you had to sell your tractor to buy something elesand did you feel bad about it?

Sponsored Links

CrestonM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrestonM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2017 at 9:20am
Originally posted by what66 what66 wrote:

Have any of you had to sell your tractor to buy something elesand did you feel bad about it?

No, but I know plenty of people who have! That's why I haven't sold anything Big smile
Claus View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2017 at 6:01pm
what66 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote what66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2017 at 8:53pm
Well guys It looks like I found a skid steer in my price range.
It's a 1970s mustange 1700 for $1200 if it's still there when the money comes in next week I will have my loader.
So if I had the room I would keep the wd45 but I think I will sell it hopefully I can get my $500 back out of it some one eles can treat her right.
Thanks for your help guys I still feel guilty but sometimes you have to do what you must.

Edited by what66 - 06 Oct 2017 at 8:54pm
what66 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote what66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2017 at 8:55pm
Yes I saw that but it's 200 miles away.
Don(MO) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Don(MO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2017 at 10:08am
You might check on replacement parts before getting the loader.
3 WD45's with power steering,G,D15 fork lift,D19, W-Speed Patrol, "A" Gleaner with a 330 corn head,"66" combine,roto-baler, and lots of Snap Coupler implements to make them work for their keep.

what66 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote what66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2017 at 11:41am
I did it's a mustang they made alot of them.
and the john deere 170 is the same machine.
Claus View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2017 at 9:27pm
I have never been a fan of the Mustang T handle control.  A friend of mine had a Mustang 445 (I believe), there is a flex plate between the motor and the hydros that goes out sometimes but all and all He still liked His machine before He sold it.

Just curious, you mentioned it being the same as a Deere 170, I know some of the early Deere were belt drive.  Is this one belt drive?
what66 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote what66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2017 at 6:09am
It does not have a T bar control it has two levers one for each side.
it is a clutch drive system with a toque converter drive.

what66 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote what66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2017 at 8:01pm
Well guys I got my skid loader it works great so if anyone is intreested in a running wd45 in iowa let me know.
AC720Man View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC720Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2017 at 9:00pm
Why is all the things I want come from Iowa? Lol. I have bought 3 implements from Iowa for my 720, your 45 is in my price range but the shipping would be more than the tractor cost. WD45’s are sacred here in Va. The ones for sale cost a small fortune. A lot of them were sold here and they are loved by all that had them. You can tell when they finally do come up for sale by the asking price.
The best buy was by a friend of mine, a true barn find WD45 diesel. Complete running tractor, usual fuel leaks, but near perfect sheet metal. $2,800. Begging him to sell it to me.
1968 B-208, 1976 720 (2 of them)Danco brush hog, single bottom plow,52" snow thrower, belly mower,rear tine tiller, rear blade, front blade, 57"sickle bar,1983 917 hydro, 1968 7hp sno-bee, 1968 190XTD
IBWD MIke View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IBWD MIke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2017 at 8:00am
Originally posted by AC720Man AC720Man wrote:

Why is all the things I want come from Iowa? Lol. I have bought 3 implements from Iowa for my 720, your 45 is in my price range but the shipping would be more than the tractor cost. WD45’s are sacred here in Va. The ones for sale cost a small fortune. A lot of them were sold here and they are loved by all that had them. You can tell when they finally do come up for sale by the asking price.
The best buy was by a friend of mine, a true barn find WD45 diesel. Complete running tractor, usual fuel leaks, but near perfect sheet metal. $2,800. Begging him to sell it to me.

That's funny. I'm in Iowa and see stuff for sale way out East I would like to have all the time.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic