This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

there's some diappointed fanetti buyers today

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cottonpatch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2016 at 9:19pm
Originally posted by victoryallis victoryallis wrote:

[QUOTE=steve(ill)] So the old man and woman owned $24 million worth of "stuff" and decided to give it to the two nephews when they died... The old man dies and the two kids decide to screw the old lady and get more sooner... right ?  Originally they had NOTHING.

Wrong !! The greedy witch is screwing the nephews out of what Don willed them.   [/QUOTE

Everyone has an opinion, your opinion is in the minority.

Edited by cottonpatch - 25 Aug 2016 at 9:27pm
'52 CA, '61 D10 II, ‘61 D15, '66 D15II, '63 D17D III, ‘69 170, '73 185 Crop Hustler, '79 185, '79 7000, '77 7040
Sponsored Links

Jonny B 1938 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonny B 1938 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2016 at 9:46pm
I went through a nasty divorce and she divided the family with lies and ignorance. I gave up everything for my kids and in the end she turned my kids against me too. I know how money and health problems can divide a family first hand. In the end the victims are the younger generation as they are the ones that have to deal with the fall out.
macvette View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote macvette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2016 at 9:57pm
I don't think we have heard "the rest of the story" yet.  This may go on for some time yet.
AC7060IL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC7060IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2016 at 10:08pm
Originally posted by DrAllis DrAllis wrote:

In my State, an Estates value is appraised by someone who is an expert on values, like farmland, houses, etc. State Law requires the Estate to be appraised to establish the worth of everything at the time (or close to) the death of the owner. Who in their right mind would want to have had to appraise this line of equipment ?? Maybe this was the best way to arrive at a true value. From here forward, if the heirs sell any piece for more than it was appraised at, they will pay tax on the difference. If they sell for less, there is no tax on the sale.

DrAllis, you make excellent points. In short, unless you were a lucky winning bidder that gets to take home your won item(s), ALL other BIDDERS at the Fanetti auction clearly donated every bit of their effort (free of charge) to those interested parties - Auctioneer, Seller, Seller's Attorney, Seller's Appraiser, & the list goes on. Do we all feel educated now? Man, I do.

Maybe this farm machinery auction should be introduced to MACHINERY PETE, farm auction writter, so he could do numerous farm publication columns about it. Maybe he could entitle it "The FANETTI AUCTION FINAGLE!"
PeteMN View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PeteMN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2016 at 12:34am
This was an online only auction that opened for about 14 days and items closed at set intervals starting on Monday at 6PM so if it did happen bidders didn't have the opportunity to just walk out. Perhaps she took the advice of some of the posters that said the equipment was worth more if it had been sold by a bigger name auctioneer that dealt with collectible tractors. Perhaps a more honest way to handle that type of auction situation would be to say that some items have a reserve if that is in fact what really happened.
JayIN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JayIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2016 at 3:35am
CROOKED. WRONG. UNETHICAL.GIVES AUCTIONEER A BAD REPUTATION. You can't say absolute auction , no reserve on one line and right of first refusal on down later in the sale bill. A child knows that those two statements are opposites. Auctioneer should be in deep sh#t.- I suspect that the reason it was an on line sale only is because they KNEW they were going to pull these shenanigans in advance. They didn't want to face an angry mob. Can't exactly take a swing at someone over the internet!

Edited by JayIN - 26 Aug 2016 at 3:42am
sometimes I walk out to my shop and look around and think "Who's the idiot that owns this place?"
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2016 at 6:30am
NO WHERE in that webpage about the 'auction' does it say ANYTHING about 'first right refusal'..... NOR is there ANY 'disclaimer' even in itty.bitty ,micro tiny letters...that I can see.

Wonder if a 'class action' law suit against them should be started, or the AG of the state nailing them for 'unethical' practises or misleading the public ? Also, up here ,since the interent is used, it's a FEDERAL case.... and if an out ot state bidder lost, well you guy's have 'cross state' laws as well...

man I can see a LOT of flack coming from this, for a start will ANYONE use/buy from that auction house EVER ???

Jay

3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2016 at 6:37am
Originally posted by JayIN JayIN wrote:

CROOKED. WRONG. UNETHICAL.GIVES AUCTIONEER A BAD REPUTATION. You can't say absolute auction , no reserve on one line and right of first refusal on down later in the sale bill. A child knows that those two statements are opposites. Auctioneer should be in deep sh#t.- I suspect that the reason it was an on line sale only is because they KNEW they were going to pull these shenanigans in advance. They didn't want to face an angry mob. Can't exactly take a swing at someone over the internet

Maybe not, but some sure try!
Fred in Pa View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fred in Pa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2016 at 6:46am

After all this it makes you think how did The Fanetti Family get their MONEY ???????   Why didn't she just bid on the ones she wanted and just pay up IF SHE is WORTH so MUCH MONEY !!!!!!
He who dies with the most toys is,
nonetheless ,still dead.
If all else fails ,Read all that is PRINTED.
Ken(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2016 at 7:11am
As I understand it, Don Fanetti made his money in the heavy haul trucking business, moving oversize/overweight loads others couldn't or wouldn't move, not much competition in that area, and I'm sure he earned every penny it this is true. As I mentioned above, his labors resulted in a battle by those looking to receive something for nothing. I wouldn't be too quick to beat up the auctioneer, he may be a court appointed pawn in this scheme and had no choice but to comply, American justice at it's finest. This is disappointing for sure, but if you ever find yourself on the wrong side of a Bankruptcy, this is a walk in the park.
Fred in Pa View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fred in Pa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2016 at 8:52am

But she still could of just bid on the ones she wanted and just paid the PRICE !!!!!    Maybe MR did not care what Mrs. got !!!.   Like said ,the REAL STORY WILL NEVER BE KNOWN !!!!!
He who dies with the most toys is,
nonetheless ,still dead.
If all else fails ,Read all that is PRINTED.
ac45dave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac45dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2016 at 9:01am
Originally posted by jaybmiller jaybmiller wrote:

NO WHERE in that webpage about the 'auction' does it say ANYTHING about 'first right refusal'..... NOR is there ANY 'disclaimer' even in itty.bitty ,micro tiny letters...that I can see.
jay the right of first refusal is in the term and conditions,third paragraph from the end.I agree this is far from over and has law suit written all over it.If the auctioneer thinks or marilyn fanetti thinks this is over and done they could be sorely mistaken,it all depends on the affected bidders.I just don't see the screwed over bidders in this mess laying down and taking this with out a fight FOR WHAT IS RIGHT!!!!

Edited by ac45dave - 26 Aug 2016 at 10:37am
54 wd-45gas ; 56 wd-45d N/F w/fact p/s ; 63 d-17 sIII N/F gas ; 60 D14 N/F ; 67 d-17 sIV N/F gas ; 63D15 sII W/F; 39rc#667 ; 2021 massey 4710 fwa ; gravely 2 wheel tractors
Ken(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2016 at 9:04am
I agree Fred, greed does funny things to people, and you're right, only those intimate know the real story, from my various travels through life, I've become acquainted with some rather wealthy people, and the sad truth is, very few handle it well, and fewer yet are very happy people, and many times, the person actually responsible for the prosperity is a pretty decent person, but the spouses, children, and siblings are pretty pathetic excuses for human beings. I have no idea if that is the case here, this is just an observation of wealthy people I've personally known.
Tcmtech View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tcmtech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2016 at 10:45am
Originally posted by Ken(MI) Ken(MI) wrote:

and many times, the person actually responsible for the prosperity is a pretty decent person, but the spouses, children, and siblings are pretty pathetic excuses for human beings. I have no idea if that is the case here, this is just an observation of wealthy people I've personally known.

You're not the only one to notice that commonality in people in that situation. 

I know a number of people who made their money on their own and I would say that almost all of them who earned honestly are all around good people.  

The rest I dont have the time of day for. 

DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2016 at 11:52am
Didn't he have a quarry, or some special rock mining business too?
EricPA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EricPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2016 at 4:40pm
Originally posted by DougG DougG wrote:

Didn't he have a quarry, or some special rock mining business too?

You're thinking of George Nesbitt in Canada
Life is tough,but it's tougher when you're stupid. - John Wayne
ILGLEANER View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ILGLEANER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2016 at 5:14pm
I really think this has been made a lot more complicated then need be. The man and women were married. Had no kids, were neither married before. If there were nothing in writing,wouldn't she have got it all ? If you were the nephews, wouldn't you feel privileged to get anything? You as a nephew are owed nothing. You as a wife is entitled to half of everything married, divorced, dead or alive. If she wanted to keep those tractors there, good for her !!!!! At least they meant more to her than money, unlike the nephews !!!!

Edited by ILGLEANER - 26 Aug 2016 at 5:16pm
Education doesn't make you smart, it makes you educated.
DougS View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2016 at 5:31pm
IANAL but as I recall from Business Law 301 and 302, every State has their own way of distributing the estate when someone dies intestate.
EricPA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EricPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2016 at 5:34pm
Originally posted by ILGLEANER ILGLEANER wrote:

I really think this has been made a lot more complicated then need be. The man and women were married. Had no kids, were neither married before. If there were nothing in writing,wouldn't she have got it all ? If you were the nephews, wouldn't you feel privileged to get anything? You as a nephew are owed nothing. You as a wife is entitled to half of everything married, divorced, dead or alive. If she wanted to keep those tractors there, good for her !!!!! At least they meant more to her than money, unlike the nephews !!!!

No kids and no ex-wives Guess that's why they had a 24 million net worth
TramwayGuy View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TramwayGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2016 at 5:40pm
Maybe she didn't have enough cash on hand to settle the inheritance taxes. Certainly they met the total estate value criteria for needing to pay it.
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2016 at 6:02pm
[TUBE]http://youtu.be/PKpQRjj_WbU[/TUBE]
DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2016 at 6:05pm
Ah yup your right Eric, thanks
EricPA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EricPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2016 at 6:14pm
Originally posted by DougG DougG wrote:

Ah yup your right Eric, thanks

Be curious to know how many of them did or were supposed to end up in his collection
JayIN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JayIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2016 at 8:07pm
The way I read the 34 or so page court disposition was that Mr Fanetti had a will that gave the nephews the bulk of the land and hard assets and his widow the home place and the cash. This was his wishes and was known by the people involved. It was understood. After his death, the will" came up missing". This happens a lot if the will is not held by someone that can be trusted.(not no Dam@/n lawyer). Someone made somebody mad and the will" disappeared" . Happens a lot. Executor of the state can make ANYTHING happen. Sad story for sure, but it ain't over!!! Someone in the area PLEASE keep us posted. My daughter is a TV producer for the show American Greed. I will call her tomorrow (it's her 32 birthday anyway) and see if she thinks this could be fodder for a show.LOL! It could be!
sometimes I walk out to my shop and look around and think "Who's the idiot that owns this place?"
cottonpatch View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cottonpatch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2016 at 9:16pm
Originally posted by ILGLEANER ILGLEANER wrote:

Amen, and well said. 100% agree. I applaud her fortitude.
'52 CA, '61 D10 II, ‘61 D15, '66 D15II, '63 D17D III, ‘69 170, '73 185 Crop Hustler, '79 185, '79 7000, '77 7040
wekracer View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wekracer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2016 at 9:37pm
IG and Doc have to be on the right track. She would not have an auction and nosale most of the stuff if she needed the money. I will admit that I only know what has been posted here and nothing more. Either she was forced to sell and payed the bid price or this auction was a way of valuing the collection so as to set a base for capital gains taxes after the inheritance. They don't actually have to sell to have a value placed on them. Either way it's a bad deal.
Carl(NWWI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carl(NWWI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2016 at 12:49am
JayIN, that is a good show!! It's sad, but a couple ppl I have talked too wouldn't be surprised if someone ends up dead over this. I really hope that's not the case, but you hit the nail on the head. American Greed is exactly what it is.
Gary Burnett View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary Burnett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2016 at 1:06am
Originally posted by Carl(NWWI) Carl(NWWI) wrote:

JayIN, that is a good show!! It's sad, but a couple ppl I have talked too wouldn't be surprised if someone ends up dead over this. I really hope that's not the case, but you hit the nail on the head. American Greed is exactly what it is.

If I were the high bidder on a tractor that I didn't get I'd be filing a complaint with the Attorney General,State's Attorney or what ever its called in their state plus,I'd file a complaint with the agency that licenses auctioneers there.The results of their investigations
might lead to grounds for a civil suit,would love to see the whole bunch have to go
thru depositions.
shameless (ne) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless (ne) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2016 at 1:12am
I agree Gary! ya'll keep us posted!
JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2016 at 1:31am
Doesn't the survivor (wife) get the estate?  I'm not sure how the will would work in the situation if he gave some of his property to someone else, then there would be tax on the gift, if it goes to the wife, seems like there would be no tax until she passes.  Just my two cents.
"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer"
Allis Express participant
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic