This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

there's some diappointed fanetti buyers today

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2016 at 8:06am
In my State, an Estates value is appraised by someone who is an expert on values, like farmland, houses, etc. State Law requires the Estate to be appraised to establish the worth of everything at the time (or close to) the death of the owner. Who in their right mind would want to have had to appraise this line of equipment ?? Maybe this was the best way to arrive at a true value. From here forward, if the heirs sell any piece for more than it was appraised at, they will pay tax on the difference. If they sell for less, there is no tax on the sale.
Sponsored Links

iowaman View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iowaman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2016 at 8:09am
Im sure glad I was out bid on my item. I will never again participate in an online auction. What a f ing joke!
Don(MO) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Don(MO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2016 at 8:53am
Yes this was a big a$$ bad auction to all of us but this can and has happened on on farm auctions before too. Over thirty five years ago I went to a auto shop auction to buy some tools and at noon they sold the shop building I made one bid just one time on the building and won, it was over three hours before the owner let it go at my bid price to me, if we had been on the farm where the tractors where for-sale at auction and at the end of the auction they said no-sale on this tractor or this one and on and on then we are still not going haul tractors home are we? I'm not mad about it being an on-line auction, just the way it was handled. If you have ever helped or had an on farm auction and had to clean up the mess and saw all the damage to the grounds/buildings it costs time and money to fix it back up. If I ever have auction again it will not be held at my place!
One more thing to think about, if you'd have the nice tractors and farm buildings and held on farm auction do you think people with treat your farm and tractors good?  
Now again I think this was one of the biggest f ing to good people in a long time! 
3 WD45's with power steering,G,D15 fork lift,D19, W-Speed Patrol, "A" Gleaner with a 330 corn head,"66" combine,roto-baler, and lots of Snap Coupler implements to make them work for their keep.

Peterson View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2016 at 9:37am
Yes it was a dirty thing to pull, but I'm kinda happy that hopefully she keep most of the collection together.
7095-685I at 255hp, 8070-225HP,8050-210Hp,8030 with 155HP,220 with 670T engine with A-pump, 7580, 185 with 140HP, 2-6080's,6070, S4 D17,wd45,CA,st34 agco, S1 D17 with 3500MK2
Butch(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2016 at 9:49am
I am with Don,  Low moral character is the blame, not online auctions. 
Jonny B 1938 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonny B 1938 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2016 at 11:15am
All the auctions I have been to the terms are stated on the contract when registering, full disclosure or the contract is null and void. I would be hiring an attorney to settle the dispute. If an item does not sell or has not met the reserve the auctioneer still gets his 10-20 percent so she got stuck with a huge loss in the end anyhow. Nasty practice indeed, I got another B swiped that way with a no reserve auction and the seller refused to release the tractor after I paid the auctioneer. Needless to say he is now banned in the circuit as the auctioneer is highly respected and handles large auctions into millions of dollars. I went to 1200 for a runner and the guy wrapped a chain around the tractor as I was paying cash for the item, I was not the only guy who wanted to choke the guy but I do not drink alcohol, many there did and were ready to get ignorant over it.

Edited by Jonny B 1938 - 25 Aug 2016 at 11:16am
TOM H View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TOM H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2016 at 12:19pm
I was one of the losers. Thought I had the D10 bought ($15,400)
and paid a premium but I guess I was bidding in vane. Would of have liked to know before so I could have bid on D12. But maybe that one was bought back too. What a bunch of BS.
Allis-Chalmers 1927 E,1928 U,1944 WC,H3,D10,D12,D14,D15,D17,D21,TT-10 Terra Tiger, 1964
AC Golf Cart, Allis Chalmers Fridges,100's of AC Literature and Ops.and Parts manuals
acben20 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acben20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2016 at 12:45pm
Tom I have a nice d12 same as that one I will sell you for less than that
Justin(IN) View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Justin(IN) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2016 at 1:46pm
It wasn't just the tractors...

I ended up being the high bidder on a couple items (pallets of grain bin parts). I was only invoiced for one of the two (the cheaper of the two). I called and they decided not to let the other one sell. The auctioneer was very nice to talk with. I told him I wasn't going to come up (9 hours) and get the one pallet and he understood.

I only bid on these items because I was bidding on a tractor as well... I didn't win the tractor.

Justin
ac45dave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac45dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2016 at 1:59pm
And the plot thickens.Justin,when you say you didn't win the tractor ,was it not the winning bid or was it one of the tractors affected by the right of first refusal?
54 wd-45gas ; 56 wd-45d N/F w/fact p/s ; 63 d-17 sIII N/F gas ; 60 D14 N/F ; 67 d-17 sIV N/F gas ; 63D15 sII W/F; 39rc#667 ; 2021 massey 4710 fwa ; gravely 2 wheel tractors
Tcmtech View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tcmtech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2016 at 2:12pm
Originally posted by Jonny B 1938 Jonny B 1938 wrote:

I went to 1200 for a runner and the guy wrapped a chain around the tractor as I was paying cash for the item,

You're a better person than me.  IfI paid cash and some guy was chaining my item to something else I would have just taken it that I get the chain plus what's on the other end of it too and if anyone tried to stop me after I had paid and had my receipt in hand there would have been a public beatdown in progress while I loaded  all three!. Ouch 

I've been cheated and screwed over enough times in my life now to be willing to take the chance on the outcome of a public fight. 
Justin(IN) View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Justin(IN) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2016 at 2:29pm
ac45dave - I was outbid.
TOM H View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TOM H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2016 at 2:56pm
I bought a D12 from the golf course in Perham a couple years ago and really wanted a finished D10 or wouldn't have bid that much. I have never heard of this crap before but haven't bought much on auctions. Tried to call Marilyn but she wont answer.

Allis-Chalmers 1927 E,1928 U,1944 WC,H3,D10,D12,D14,D15,D17,D21,TT-10 Terra Tiger, 1964
AC Golf Cart, Allis Chalmers Fridges,100's of AC Literature and Ops.and Parts manuals
Jordan(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jordan(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2016 at 3:43pm
Someone is going to have a lot of explaining to do if a buyer wants to push the issue.

http://www.hagerauction.com/sale.php?ID=450

Straight from the website:  

ABSOLUTE AUCTION - ONLINE ONLY

NO MINUMUM - NO RESERVE

Edited by Jordan(OH) - 25 Aug 2016 at 3:44pm
19856020 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 19856020 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2016 at 3:51pm
I wonder what machinery pete thinks about this
716 917 918 1920 d17 6080
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2016 at 4:04pm
Ok, I got an 'silly' question....
On all the equipment she 'bought' with her 'first right of refusal' did she ACTUALLY buy the stuff ? did she in fact pay REAL money AND both fed and state taxes ?

If she did NOT actually buy the stuff a reasonable lawyer can sucessfully argue that the equipment has NO value, as it was NOT sold. IE. That D12 for $15k and she pulls the 'first right' paper out.....unless she actually paid the 15K and taxes, it was NOT sold, so not 'worth' 15K.

Also if the stuff wasn't really sold( she kept it), if I was a Fed or State Tax guy, I'd be all over her looking for the money !!The TAX money she has to pay. If she didn't something like 'fraud' has occoured on both state and federal levels and man I would NOT want to pi$$ off the IRS (or whatever 3 letter dept it is)!!

Hope I'm explaining this right.

Also was this 'first right of refusal' said EVERY time BEFORE the gavel went down ? If not, again a good lawyer should arguee that bidder #xxx WON the item.

Up here ,estates have to be appraised within 60 days by the executor so that our dike provincial leader gets 20% of the value of the estate.

Jay

3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
Joe Graunke View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Graunke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2016 at 4:55pm
She bought 20 tractors. She payed what the ending auction price plus the 5% buyers fee.
She paid 46,000 for the 6070 plus 5%
She paid 60,750 for the 220 FWA 5%
She wanted to keep the whole collection together and keep them in shed but the nephews wouldn't allow it they wanted money. Sad deal
Fred in Pa View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fred in Pa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2016 at 5:08pm
Originally posted by Joe Graunke Joe Graunke wrote:

She bought 20 tractors. She payed what the ending auction price plus the 5% buyers fee.
She paid 46,000 for the 6070 plus 5%
She paid 60,750 for the 220 FWA 5%
She wanted to keep the whole collection together and keep them in shed but the nephews wouldn't allow it they wanted money. Sad deal

So the ? is ,what was the problem between MR and Mrs. if he had this set up to give away ?????.
He who dies with the most toys is,
nonetheless ,still dead.
If all else fails ,Read all that is PRINTED.
kev/ont View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kev/ont Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2016 at 5:23pm
I really doubt the with all the money these folks have spent in court that sales tax on afew hundred thousand is there biggest problem.
kev/ont View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kev/ont Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2016 at 5:44pm
Exactly fred. Obviously his wishes were unknown or at very least unclear at the time of his death.
Ken(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2016 at 6:03pm
Maybe he was one of the many who knew there was going to be a problem because of the personalities involved and decided to avoid the problem himself and just die and let the troublemakers hash it out after he was gone. At the end of the day it was his efforts, money, talent, etc. which allowed him to accumulate a 24 million dollar estate for others to fight over, and once dead, none of it was his problem. I think a lot of people would be better off if they could realize that excess wealth creates more problems than it solves, and there is nothing material worth fighting over, as an example, one good fire and this collection would have been reduced to scrap value within a matter of hours. 
mdm1 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdm1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2016 at 7:04pm
I believe you have responsibilities even after you die. It's not right to say not my problem when I'm gone. 
Everything is impossible until someone does it! WD45-trip loader 1947 c w/woods belly mower, 1939 B, #3 sickle mower 1944 B, 2 1948 G's. Misc other equipment that my wife calls JUNK!
Fred in Pa View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fred in Pa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2016 at 7:42pm

Sounds like they where taught well.
He who dies with the most toys is,
nonetheless ,still dead.
If all else fails ,Read all that is PRINTED.
Gary Burnett View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary Burnett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2016 at 7:56pm
For everyone that thinks its better to be poor and have nothing,I'll be glad to send you my address so you can get the check in the mail(LOL)Getting poor is real easy to do.
Hey maybe he wanted them to fight over it,got what he wanted.I have a couple in my family I wouldn't mind seeing tearing into each other.
steelwheelAcjim View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steelwheelAcjim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2016 at 8:18pm
Still Confused. At those prices, what the heck was she thinking?  I'd have just let them go to good homes. She's not going to live forever. Now, those tractors are marked with the Scarlet Letter. 
Pre-WW2 A-C tractors on steel wheels...because I'm too cheap to buy tires!
steelwheelAcjim View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steelwheelAcjim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2016 at 8:23pm
Originally posted by Jordan(OH) Jordan(OH) wrote:

Someone is going to have a lot of explaining to do if a buyer wants to push the issue.

http://www.hagerauction.com/sale.php?ID=450

Straight from the website:  

ABSOLUTE AUCTION - ONLINE ONLY

NO MINUMUM - NO RESERVE

There it is!!!  In plain English!!  "No Reserve" trumps "First Right of Refusal". Also, a statement was printed "buy with complete confidence"

Lawyers don't need to chase ambulances, just get in contact with let down buyers.
Pre-WW2 A-C tractors on steel wheels...because I'm too cheap to buy tires!
Gary Burnett View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary Burnett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2016 at 8:25pm
Originally posted by steelwheelAcjim steelwheelAcjim wrote:

Still Confused. At those prices, what the heck was she thinking?  I'd have just let them go to good homes. She's not going to live forever. Now, those tractors are marked with the Scarlet Letter. 

I'd say she has increased the value of those tractors now that they are from the
famous(infamous?) sale.
victoryallis View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote victoryallis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2016 at 8:31pm
Originally posted by steve(ill) steve(ill) wrote:

So the old man and woman owned $24 million worth of "stuff" and decided to give it to the two nephews when they died... The old man dies and the two kids decide to screw the old lady and get more sooner... right ?  Originally they had NOTHING.

Wrong !! The greedy witch is screwing the nephews out of what Don willed them.   
8030 and 8050MFWD, 7580, 3 6080's, 160, 7060, 175, heirloom D17, Deere 8760
toolcat View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toolcat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2016 at 8:52pm
I have been on here a couple years and don't chime in much because I feel I have more to learn then I have to say. With that being said I feel I have something to say about this. I do not know the Fanetti family but for the last few months I have been waiting for this auction not knowing any of the back story other then Mr Fanetti had passed what I thought was about 5 years ago and I was thinking that this auction of their beautiful collection was more of a way of getting things in order for Mrs Fanetti. With that being said I had the winning bids on 4 pieces of the Fanetti auction. I did not read the fine print, I was completely unaware that their was fine print that suggested I may not get the machine I have hoped for for so long. We even cheered as we were gathered around the computer when I won. The next day I asked my significant other to call first thing and make the arrangements necessary to secure the purchases I had made. They told her I would get an email with my invoice and payment instructions. I received my invoice tuesday afternoon but it only had 1 item on it, again I did not read the rest of it and thought that i was being invoiced individually again. I guess I am to busy to even pay attention to the writing on the wall. So wednesday morning a friend calls me and tells me there was a problem and I better follow up on this. So I checked here first and found this post when it had just gotten started. Next I waited for another hour for Hager auction to get in the office and I talked with them and the lady that answered told me she was very sorry but their hands were tied by the court order and she would do what ever they could but.... Rather then take my anger out on her I was thinking there has to be some kind of legal action even for someone like me who is to busy to pay attention. I knew this was a hot topic on the forum so I kept checking back and I seen the post that CTucker posted about the rest of the story. Now I have been close to a similar scenario. The way I read the legal description is the 2 boys had a combined net worth of 90 to 100k when their joint venture started and had they not gotten greedy and done their part to build the partnership they would have never had to worry about where things were going. I am sure they felt they were doing all the work and not being rewarded for their efforts fast enough. I know some of what I have said is speculation and just opinion. I do not know them and I am still unclear how the tractors ended up in their possession but I do know that Don and Marilyn were the original owners of the tractors and with a net worth of 24,000,000 i find it hard to believe it was lack of finances. I feel sorry for Mrs Fanetti and i am sure Don if he was able to would take those boys over his knee. They obviously tried to pass on their lifetime of late nights and hard work. To me it looks like the boys reached down the throat of the gift horse and ripped the heart out. Now don't get me wrong I am very disappointed to not get the things that I thought I purchased but at least I didn't have to purchase my own stuff back. Now I am sure she owed money somehow but why she didn't have to pay whatever the set amount was when it granted them ownership and it had to involve joe public is beyond me. Now this is just my opinion and I could be off on some of my speculation but I will bet that I am not to far off. Sorry for being so long winded.    
DanD View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DanD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2016 at 9:09pm
I am curious. What did you get and not get? Just curious what was kept and what was let go.

Edited by DanD - 25 Aug 2016 at 9:09pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic