This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The "cab-less" 7000 series tractors ??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lynn Marshall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2023 at 7:08am
This 7080 obviously has cable controls for the hydraulics and power director clutch. I have seen an early 7030 with an add on Hiniker or Year Around cab that had all mechanical linkage.
Sponsored Links

DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2023 at 7:26am
I'm thinking they eventually went away from the mechanical linkages after the 7030-50 era. I'm just saying this particular 7080 looks like it used to be a factory cab with A/C and someone has made it into a platform tractor fabricating some things and using 6000 series fenders. Anyone that has ever seen a legit 7000 series "platform" tractor knows the front edge of each left/right platform looks identical to the cab tractors floor. These are fabricated and don't look OEM at all.
Lynn Marshall View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lynn Marshall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2023 at 7:38am
I would say that your diagnosis is spot on for this particular tractor. Wouldn't the 6000 series fenders look a little dinky on a 7080?
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2023 at 7:40am
I would think they'd be a little short front to back BUT, you don't have a rear fuel tank to cover, so maybe they look pretty good from a direct side view.
injpumpEd View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote injpumpEd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2023 at 7:47am
My floor plates also have the holes in them for the floor mat hold down straps, none of which I've ever collected up and put on yet. It does get slick if it's wet! I think I've seen that Luke has the strips, maybe the mat also. 
Dr, I wondered 6080 fenders, but like mentioned above, they would be smaller no? I also see the lights are to one side, where mine have the light mount centered, only allowing 1 front light. Remember, these were stripped down to get the price way low, so it's surprising they had lights at all lol! Probably law. Mine has a rod for the inching pedal, but the hydraulics and fast/slow/park are all cables. It has a 3rd remote apparently added later, as it has the later larger cable and ends. The seat support had to be bent to clear the third remote valve. 
210 "too hot to farm" puller, part of the "insane pumpkin posse". Owner of Guenther Heritage Diesel, specializing in fuel injection systems on heritage era tractors. stock rebuilds to all out pullers!
coggonobrien View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coggonobrien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2023 at 7:55am
Ed, Luke should have the stuff to put the floor mat down.  He told me his conversion kit includes the floor mat.
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2023 at 8:11am
Take a close look at the left fender from the front. You'll see a "tunnel" on the inside that tapers wider as it gets close to the floor. Your fender legit doesn't have anything like that, does it ?? I know the 6000 series does. I don't remember for sure on the 7000 tractor, but I think it doesn't have this tunnel.
injpumpEd View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote injpumpEd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2023 at 8:27am
Mine are flat inside, 2 braces on outside. I was thinking the 7000 fender had some sort of notch too?

Edited by injpumpEd - 23 May 2023 at 8:33am
210 "too hot to farm" puller, part of the "insane pumpkin posse". Owner of Guenther Heritage Diesel, specializing in fuel injection systems on heritage era tractors. stock rebuilds to all out pullers!
Wes (VA) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wes (VA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2023 at 8:46am
Our black frame 7000 withROPS has the brace towards the inside of operators station, and single headlights.
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2023 at 9:12am
The 7000 fender is different than 7010 and up. But, its fenders may be more like the 6000 series, especially if the left fender has that inner tunnel or brace. Not needed on the right side as the control console secures the fender. All I'm saying is that 7080 is a fabricated platform set-up.       EDIT: the hand grab hole in the left fender clinches the deal. That is a 6000 series fender. 7010 and up left fenders had a bolt-on grab handle, not a hole.

Edited by DrAllis - 24 May 2023 at 3:33pm
tbran View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tbran Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2023 at 9:53pm
I remember in the mid 70's a couple in Fla bought an 8n ford, hooked a chain to a shrub and the top link hole and promtly turned the tractor back over on the lady. When at a lawyer closing on the house, he ask what happened - she told him and the lawyer and they sued Ford for millions and it sent shock waves across the industry. They lost on appeal thank goodness or no tractor new or used would have been able to be sold by a dealer w/o a ROPS.  AC's lawyers were adamant about not selling fender only units - the sales guys and a few dealers wanted cheap HP to sell. The retail purchase order HAD to be signed refusing the ROPS or the unit could not be registered for warranty. It was a big deal. I made a few trips across south La funning down customers getting them to sign the release when the dealer forgot to get the signature.  Thad Joe - Paul Ed!!!
When told "it's not the money,it's the principle", remember, it's always the money..
AC720Man View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC720Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2023 at 2:01pm
1968 B-208, 1976 720 (2 of them)Danco brush hog, single bottom plow,52" snow thrower, belly mower,rear tine tiller, rear blade, front blade, 57"sickle bar,1983 917 hydro, 1968 7hp sno-bee, 1968 190XTD
AC720Man View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC720Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2023 at 2:01pm
They are nice looking tractors.....
1968 B-208, 1976 720 (2 of them)Danco brush hog, single bottom plow,52" snow thrower, belly mower,rear tine tiller, rear blade, front blade, 57"sickle bar,1983 917 hydro, 1968 7hp sno-bee, 1968 190XTD
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coggonobrien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2023 at 2:07pm
2 post rops looks good on these tractors.

JimIA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimIA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2023 at 6:21pm
I have seen a few open stations of the later 7000 series but only in the maroon frame.  The only black frame I have seen with fenders is a couple 7000s.  Bill Deppe parted out a 7040 years ago.  I should have come up with the money and bought it from him before he dismantled it.  I know a collector got the fenders.  

I also know of a 7060 factory fender machine with a powershift transmission.  Im guessing that most of them were Power Director transmissions but thats just an assumption.

Jim
An open eye is much more observant than an open mouth
AC7060IL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC7060IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2023 at 6:37am
AC720man, your heritage iron AC 7000 pictured, looks like it got a 7020 engine upgrade? Like how restorer painted it's braille lettering "Allis-Chalmers" white, on it's intercooler.
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2023 at 7:29am
At least it got the intercooler. You'd have to see the other side to determine which oil cooler is on it. I installed a 7020 intercooler on a 190XT S3 back in 1978 just because the customer wanted it.
gleaner1 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gleaner1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2023 at 11:50am
Although there are no records of numbers to back what they actually built, it seems they really didn’t make a lot of true non rops open station 7030 and up series tractors, and they are cool!!
It reality these things should be going up in value like the D21’s
There is probably ten times more D21’s out there.
ALLIS CHALMERS "The color is orange"
Gregor View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gregor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2023 at 9:57am
Back in the late 70's my Dad bought the neighbors cabless maroon belly 7000 when he retired.  Dad bought a cab out of worthington MN and put it on the tractor.  I still have the fenders, seat housing, steering wheel and that housing assembly, and control cable housing in the barn.  The neighbor didn't have any big sheds and he ordered the tractor new with out a cab or ROPS system.  I am thinking he ordered the tractor out of Fremont Ne when Manke implement was the owner.  About 10 years later, I got the air conditioning working in that tractor.  We must not of had the insulation right or something because it was extremely loud in the cab.  I spent alot of time pulling a 18ft disc with that tractor in my youth and can't hear jack crap today.  

AC720Man View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC720Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2023 at 10:38pm
Andrew has a open station 7050 for sale in classifieds. Would like to see a picture of that
jvin248 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jvin248 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2023 at 5:18am

Besides the rops issues, the products out there will depend if dealers/factory were building tractors to farmer orders or filling lots speculating the buyers will come. Year/quarter ends the factories like to book sales (to dealers counts as good as to buyers) for sales team bonuses and stock market reports.

Dealers in that situation always order fully loaded. Easier to sell electric windows than crank windows in cars, or AC.

Bigger tractor trend for a single farmer to cover more acres, was a collision of increasing use of chemicals, rising inflation of inputs, and lowering commodity prices as farmers got squeezed between corporate buyers and sellers. Push to get big or get out.

Now there is more interest in small homesteads and saving fence row tractors for field work again.

DanWi View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DanWi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2023 at 6:32pm
Nice looking 7045 open station on auction time, at least from the picture.
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2023 at 6:55pm
This tractor clearly is a cut-down/cut-off cab tractor. Not a factory platform model.
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2023 at 8:11pm
wonder why they did that ??

Like them all, but love the "B"s.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coggonobrien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2023 at 7:10am
In my case, the cab is rotted out junk so doing the redneck open station conversion is an intermediate step.  Once the rest of the tractor I bought is verified as good after the engine swap I will convert it the right way.
Sherman Farms View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sherman Farms Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2023 at 3:54pm
There is a real 7060 cab-less tractor in the 2022 Prairie Gold Rush Winter Show video hosted by Mayer Farm Equipment,on y-tube at the 7 minute 12 second mark. There is also a 7030 later on in the video. 
B, C, RC, 3 wc,2 wd,3 wd45, d15, d17, d19, d21, 190, 440, 7040, 918 backhoe, 12 roto balers, 7 60 combines, 40, 66,2 72,90 super, sp100, Gleaner E, F3, 3 L2, R62, and much more
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2023 at 6:41pm
That video is well worth a look. What an amazing collection of equipment !!
feuchter View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote feuchter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2023 at 10:51pm
feuchter View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote feuchter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2023 at 10:53pm
See I thought all the open station fenders were thw same except for the rops mount area?
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2023 at 5:38am
The 7000 always had different fenders than a 7010-20-30-40-45-50-60-80.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic