This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Shameless,,,,,,,,,,,,

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Shameless,,,,,,,,,,,,
    Posted: 10 Feb 2018 at 8:33pm
How's your legs doing?
How's your back doing?
It's good to know that you're KIND of watching your diet.
Do you drink green tea?  It's really good for you.  The secret to green tea is to get the water just boiling, e.g. when it firsts starts with little bubbles just coming up, that's when you pour it in the cup.  Steep the tea from 1 to 3 minutes.

Leave that 'purdy' machine alone for now and get yourself in tip top shape for the coming season!!  We're all looking forward to seeing you at Hutch!!  Be well my friend, be better!
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
Sponsored Links

shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2018 at 12:21am
thanks Ted...used to do the green tea, then they say black tea is better, then they say some other color of tea is better, I drink Pure Leaf brand tea right now, laced with ACV and a tube for flavoring. my legs seem stable right now, but the feet are giving me fits. i'm still on heavy meds for my back, I have been able to walk a little farther than before. GAWD....I need a smoke!
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2018 at 5:39am
NO you do NOT !!!
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
Les Royer View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Les Royer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2018 at 6:34am
How bout if I come over and fill the room with the scent of that Marlboro man and you can bask in the aroma all day?
I still gots my A/C but it's clear out in the barn now.
Les Royer View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Les Royer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2018 at 6:42am
an that watching your diet thing. I don't get it. I mean it's ok to stuff as many bacon double cheese burgers up until you're like 65, then all of a sudden somebody like flicks a switch er sumtin cause if ya have just one more, you're gonna heal over?  Isn't the damage already done at that point? An that purple tea iz supposed to fix it?

somebody enlighten me.  Thad? Haven't heard no bull frpom you in a while. You scared of thet machine? That why you been keepin to yerself down thar?

Shameless?  What was his coordinates again?

Edited by Les Royer - 11 Feb 2018 at 6:45am
I still gots my A/C but it's clear out in the barn now.
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2018 at 9:57am

Yeah,,Les,,I was gonna check on ole Thad,,he sure been quiet these days,,,but then,,he got him a new wife so,,,,,,he getting him lots of catchin up to do,,,,he'll be back,,by and by,,, them Ozark boys is some tough boys and he be able to handle just bout anyth,,,,,UMmmmm,,,Thad,,you still there,,??
JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2018 at 11:20am
Thad prolly gettin  them hunny~dew lists...  those things that list what needin to be done... and he's tryin to figure out where they all comin from... there wasn't but a few just a few years ago on his short list...   and now don't have time fer us...
He who says there is no evil has already deceived himself
The truth is the truth, sugar coated or not. Trawler II says, "Remember that."
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2018 at 3:19pm
maybe he's adding a nursery on to the house?
Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2018 at 3:46pm
Ole JC is correct. My honey do list is big. Complete remodel of the house one room at a time. I’ve been a carpenter for over 30 years and she’s the toughest customer I’ve ever had. She is doing a lot of the work also. She’s been spoiling me with lots of good cookin. Right now she’s makin homemade manicotti. Ain’t no tellin what that is??
Shameless hit us good but had his mix off a little and it’s all ice. One of them Canucks left the door open and the ice ain’t melting very fast.
She buys me coffee flavor m&m’s.
I’m quite happy and over worked these days.
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2018 at 3:52pm
Originally posted by shameless dude shameless dude wrote:

maybe he's adding a nursery on to the house?
Ya mean he's gonna start raising flowers now?!?!  He gonna sell em?  I like them Hyacinths.......
"Allis-Express"
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2018 at 3:54pm
Originally posted by Thad in AR. Thad in AR. wrote:

I just guess I never looked at it as work.....it wore me out, but it was NEVER work....Wink
"Allis-Express"
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2018 at 6:04pm
Originally posted by Ted J Ted J wrote:

Originally posted by Thad in AR. Thad in AR. wrote:

I just guess I never looked at it as work.....it wore me out, but it was NEVER work....Wink
Maybe you need to come down fer a visit and help me remove some popcorn ceiling. It reminds me of work. LOL
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2018 at 8:36pm

Hey Thad,,,since you being a sure enough Carpenter,,you prolly know the easiest way to remoce the popcorn ceiling,,,,,but just so happens the Shadetree Carpenter I trade work with is gonna redo our back bathroom and was sayin he uses a spray bottle with plain water and squirts it on,,then let it set a couple of minutes and it just scrapes right off,,,,HTH's
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2018 at 1:03am
popcorn ceiling? is that a southern thing?
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2018 at 4:57am
Originally posted by desertjoe desertjoe wrote:

Hey Thad,,,since you being a sure enough Carpenter,,you prolly know the easiest way to remoce the popcorn ceiling,,,,,but just so happens the Shadetree Carpenter I trade work with is gonna redo our back bathroom and was sayin he uses a spray bottle with plain water and squirts it on,,then let it set a couple of minutes and it just scrapes right off,,,,HTH's

Yes joe I’ve got lots of experience removing popcorn. I keep a garden sprayer just for that. I made too much of a mess at home so Jenn took over. 😬😬😬👍👍👍
The spray works good on some but some that has heavy paint over it is a real pain.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2018 at 5:00am
Originally posted by shameless dude shameless dude wrote:

popcorn ceiling? is that a southern thing?
I don’t know if it’s a southern thing or not but one time way back when I worked on the road. Some of the guys and I went out drinking and when we woke up in the motel it looked like it snowed in there. Not saying where that was but it weren’t in the south.
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2018 at 5:15am
'popcorn' ceiling is a textured ceiling application. Essentially it's lumpy drywall compound sprayed onto the ceiling. It's a fast,cheap, easy way to 'finish' a ceiling as it hides a multitude of sins,like 'wavy' ceiling joists.
Very popular up here in the 70-80s during the housing boom..PITA to get rid of no matter HOW you attack it. I've seen guys tear down ceilings with it. Actually FASTER.Demo crew is cheap and offsets the pro drywall crew. Also if you're going to re-light the ceiling,makes that real easy( and cheaper).
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2018 at 5:41am
Jay we’re living here as we work on this. If we weren’t I would have removed the kitchen and living room ceiling. It is hiding the sorriest drywall work I’ve ever seen. They taped and sprayed popcorn right over that. I sanded a lot off and started over. It’s the third time over all of it. One or two more coats should have it looking fairly good. Walls are so much easier to finish.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2019 at 10:08pm
my legs are kinda disgusting looking, my feet grew from size 10-1/2 to size 14, and my back hurts 24/7, best way I can find to tone the pain down is one hydrocodone and one extra strength Tylenol, washing them all down with a little wine! yeah...o-k...maybe a bit more than that. but it works most of the time. been sleeping in my lift chair alot, seems to help too. been walking farther and farther each week, but then I gotta find a place to land fast. lost 57 lbs, put 13 back on, and now on the way to losing that and more. have had a few smokes here and there, makes me a bit friendlier with the city bots and some wayward village idiots that pass thru. otherwise i'm doing fine!
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2019 at 1:42am
 Hey there Good Buddy,,,,It GOOD to hear from you and sure glad you are gettin some better,,, I sure worry bout your legs,,,you DANG sure don't want to do anything to lose em,,,you hear what I'm sayin,,,,???
  Hey,,!!!  I wear them 10 1/2's,,,and,,,,and,,,since you can't fit your's no more,,, maybe you can mail,,,,,,,LOL Just kiddin you, old Pal,,,LOLLOL
 Gosh,,,it's haides gettin old ,,ain't it,,?? My knees are not helpin me much any more,,,not that they hurt but just don't have much strength to help me get up. I have been loosing some weight and down to 201 from 225#., I gotta watch where I kneel down to make sure there is something to grab ahold of to pull myself up or I'm chit outa luck,,,,
 I gots too friggin many projects and gonna have to learn to SAY NO to any more but then again my carpenter friend  just brought me his old ford trk with a leaking water pump,,,chit fire I'ma gonna start chargin $80/ hour startin Right Friggin NOW,,!! Maybe I can hire a newbie mechanic at $30/hour to do the new work so's I can clear out all these hangers on,,,,,
 OK,,,I'm done,,,,,,WinkWink
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2019 at 3:47pm
Shammers are you watching your carbs?

Cutting carbs is a common strategy to quickly drop excess water. Carbs are stored in the muscles and liver as glycogen, but glycogen also pulls water inside along with it.

For every gram of glycogen you store, 34 grams (0.110.14 ounces) of water may be stored with it. This explains why people experience immediate weight loss when switching to a low-carb diet, which reduces glycogen stores.

Carbs also lead to a rise in the hormone insulin, which can increase sodium retention and reabsorption of water in the kidneys.

Low-carb diets lead to a drop in insulin levels, which then leads to a loss of sodium and water from the kidneys.

I'm not sure but I thought you mentioned being type 2 diabetic.
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2019 at 12:15am
Chaz....whew....I spose yer gonna tells me that my most liked food of bread, taters, bacon, and anything that has flavor to it is something called a CARB? my diabetes in doing o-k, I did just take a Lasix since I ate a couple runza cheeseburgers tonight. been up pee'in since then! nuked a mac'n'cheeze thingy and is eating that right now. must be losing the lbs, my pants keep sliding down, and I can bend over a bit farther.
JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2019 at 1:17am
Dale, I assume you didn't make it to Hutch either?  Maybe next year we can both be there to play with grease guns and eat peaches!
"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer"
Allis Express participant
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2019 at 1:48am
yeah...I did try to gits there...
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2019 at 11:18am
Glad to hear this Shammers, you be headed in the right direction. Diabetes 1 or 2 is a pain in the tooter.
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
Armand(AZ) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Armand(AZ) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2019 at 2:57pm
Talkin' about diets, has anyone tried the Keto stuff that the Shark Tank guys jumped on??  See it advertised all the time.  I'm not much for exercising, except getting in and out of the boat and setting at my model bench so thought it might be the perfect solution for me and maybe Shameless!!
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2019 at 10:49pm
I've heard bits and pieces of the KETO thing, can't find it on the shelves anywhere, is it a drink mix or a pill? i'm back to eating the vegen diet again. I like the fruits and veggies. I do stuff a steak in there once and awhile tho!
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2019 at 10:50pm
Armand...you is about the healthiest looking person I've seen for years!
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2019 at 1:50pm
Shamer all you have to do is type Keto in and you will get is on your computer and the special offer they have waiting for you free samples
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2019 at 3:11pm
Keto has been around close to hundred years started by people trying to help diabetics. So no bread,potatoes, and noodles, the carbs most think of.  But most all fruits and vegetables are not part of a keto friendly diet ether. Most all dairy,butter, cheese, sour cream ,and bacon are good. Modern stuff like almond flour and stevia from a south american plant of the same name used to sweeten.

My daughter and her hubby have decided to try the diet. She asked mom can you research and find recipes. My Wonderful and I keep getting the broken record from the doctor you need to lose weight. So we are going to try some of this. Confused My Wonderful has just about gone without eating an has never lost much.Wink Ant nobody that has to be around me wants me to be hungry LOL cause they worry I might take a bit out of them.

But the first cook books have failed and are getting returned. Because of things "like heat in microwave 45 minutes or 12 minute in a oven at 400 degrees". Will keep you informed on anything yummy that comes out of this.LOLLOLLOLLOLLOL
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic