This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Photo's of my WD45 Puller

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zyta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Photo's of my WD45 Puller
    Posted: 17 Aug 2010 at 2:25pm
Thats my tractor cover on the back not a parachute
Sponsored Links

Zyta View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zyta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2010 at 2:29pm
That's my tractor cover at the back not a parachute! I pull in the 3500 and 4500lb antique class up here in Ontario. I am running the big Zenith carb off a IH combine works great. 13.6x38 inch tires second gear in both classes.

Jim
mlpankey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlpankey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2010 at 2:34pm
I like it, looks good . I would think seriously about building a  stock hei distributor for it though.
Zyta View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zyta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2010 at 3:06pm
I took your advise on the carburation it made a big difference and handles that size of carb without any problem. Not sure what you mean regarding the distributor? I am using the electronic's inside not points.
Jim
Leonard View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leonard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2010 at 3:56pm
Sweet looking puller, Jim.

Leonard
Dave(inMA) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave(inMA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2010 at 5:18pm
Jim - nice looking puller, indeed. Everything on it looks really neat and tidy....and I like the boots on the back! Good luck with it.
WC, CA, D14, WD45
DSeries4 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DSeries4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2010 at 10:32pm
That is a sharp looking tractor.  To keep it running for a long time I would STRONGLY recommend installing an air cleaner of some sort on that carb.  We all know what sand and grit does to the insides of an engine.
Allis Fields View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Allis Fields Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2010 at 7:34am
Very nice and neet. what is you mph in 2nd on your pulls?
Brian G. NY View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian G.  NY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2010 at 8:02am
Nice machine; that seat looks a bit "unforgiving" but then, you're not driving over plowed ground with it.
Steve in NJ View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve in NJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2010 at 8:10am
Sweet lookin' 45' !  Nicely done, and attention to detail-very nice! Sounds like it pulls as good as it looks. Good luck with it at the pulls.
Zyta View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zyta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2010 at 12:47pm
Thanks Guy's, I do have an air cleaner for it when it not have a fe adjustments on it and ready for pulling. Up here we don't have a miles per hr limit. Not sure how fast second gear is but its pretty quick! if I am on a clay track I run her in first gear.
I"ll tell you fourth gear on the hyway is really scary no more than half throttle....full throttle is nuts!!
Yes it pulls very well and since I 've added the bigger carb I am even more impressed with it my rpm's have increased.
Do any of you guy's out there have photo's of you antique pullers you can post would love to see some.

Jim
Allis Fields View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Allis Fields Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2010 at 4:54pm
Jamie NC View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamie NC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2010 at 6:55pm
Allis tractor puller CA WC WD D17
Jamie NC View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamie NC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2010 at 7:01pm
Jamie NC View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamie NC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2010 at 7:02pm
Dave H View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2010 at 7:09pm
Nice looking rig.  Surely I did not observe "not for fuel" on the fuel line?
Dave A View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2010 at 7:28pm
Was at the Nickle farms pull this weekend. It kept my sons attention for 6 hours.  Wife was not happy, was ment to be a trip to Fleet Farm to get oil. We seen tractors on trailers going down road. So we followed them. Missed lunched and supper
Play the game for more than you can afford to lose... only then will you learn the game.
Winston Churchill
Larry(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Larry(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2010 at 9:12pm
here is mine and a buddy's WD, and a couple guys I pull with around here

'40 WC puller,'50 WD puller,'50 M puller '65 770 Ollie

*ALLIS EXPRESS contact*

I can explain it to you, BUT I cannot understand it for you!!
Zyta View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zyta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2010 at 8:51pm

great puller pictures!!! really nice machines its cool to see the differences between tractors!

Jim
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic