This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Peterbilt semis with allis engines

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zachhart(IN) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Peterbilt semis with allis engines
    Posted: 28 Sep 2010 at 1:08pm

i was wonderiing if anybody knew of any if these trucks or had pictures or knew model years or anything about them in general?

Sponsored Links

DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2010 at 1:30pm
Last one I knew of was a 1976 KW  long nose a friend had when I lived in Salt Lake, he and I have been out of contact for twenty years.  Another guy we knew had a Buda in a 1974 Freightliner.
John (C-IL) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John (C-IL) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2010 at 1:32pm
Don't know about Petes, but about 30 years ago I drove a W900 Kenworth with an Allis Chalmers engine in it. The thing would pull anything anywhere, not much for speed but during a time when the 425hp CAT was king the Allis would out pull it.
ac_bowsers View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac_bowsers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2010 at 2:32pm
A friend of mine knows of someone whose dad had purchashed one of the purple and white cabover show trucks and ran it for quite a few years. I got to know him over the summer and talking to him he used to ride with his dad everywhere in that thing, and there was nothing that could outpull him on any grade. He said it wasnt the fastest truck, but his dad had won serveral bets with other truckers over the years on who whould make it to the top first!..He was gonna try and dig up some pictures of it this winter, he knows there are some around. He also said knowing a little bit of A-C what he knows now, he and his dad wish they never would have sold it. They live out side of LaSalle ,IL.
Pine Stock Farm "Home of the ALLIS" 35-WC-36-U-37-UC-47-C-49-G-57-D17-58-D17puller-63-D21-71-210puller-79-7045-83-8070-AA9675-BigTen-B10-310-1300fieldcult-snapcoupler imp.-longhopper blower,signs,etc.
DonDittmar View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonDittmar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2010 at 3:19pm
Would like to see some pics if possible
Experience is a fancy name for past mistakes. "Great moments are born from great opportunity"

1968 D15D,1962 D19D
Also 1965 Cub Loboy and 1958 JD 720 Diesel Pony Start
klinemar View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote klinemar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2010 at 3:29pm
Allis-Chalmers Truck Diesels Brochures
klinemar View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote klinemar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2010 at 3:31pm
Brian Jasper co. Ia View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian Jasper co. Ia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2010 at 4:31pm
I used to have a co worker that had driven a KW with an 844 A-C in it. He said it was one heck of a truck engine. It only had one down fall in that they were prone to break the crankshaft nose off.
"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian." Henry Ford
ScottinSWIL View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScottinSWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2010 at 9:36pm
Wonder why if AC had all of these different size industrials, that they didn't try some different combinations for the Ag side instead of relying on the 426 so heavily.
SHAMELESS View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SHAMELESS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2010 at 10:12pm
my bro in law said he had a friend that put a duetz engine in a KW, was done somewhere in calif i think, when coming theu the mid US, he was about freezing to death, as the engine was air cooled, thus no liquid going thru the heater! he stopped at a truck repair place and the mech's ran a hose to carry hot engine oil thru the heater core!
Lonn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2010 at 6:17am
Who is Dan Espinosa? Why did he write to Allis so much? Was he a truck fleet owner?
-- --- .... .- -- -- .- -.. / .-- .- ... / .- / -- ..- .-. -.. . .-. .. -. --. / -.-. .... .. .-.. -.. / .-. .- .--. .. ... -
Wink
I am a Russian Bot
jmm View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2010 at 9:33am
Originally posted by John (C-IL) John (C-IL) wrote:

Don't know about Petes, but about 30 years ago I drove a W900 Kenworth with an Allis Chalmers engine in it. The thing would pull anything anywhere, not much for speed but during a time when the 425hp CAT was king the Allis would out pull it.

was that the 1693 CAT?  I've driven an old pete with one of those and was pretty impressed.  Love to see/hear an allis powered truck
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic