This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

new R134a cans

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote im4racin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: new R134a cans
    Posted: 29 Jun 2019 at 7:45am
What adaptor works to connect to the old style of can tap. I have a plastic version that gave me a case of baboon butt last night. Who at the EPA came up with the idea right before the hot season? It took 2 hrs to add 3 cans to my pickup. Anyone else having trouble?
Sponsored Links

DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2019 at 7:54am
The change up is for recycling adaptors and is the first in moves to bring the regular person away from being able to One, afford to buy their own and Two to eventually require a license to use ANY refrigerant. That from my local Auto techs and HVAC guys. BTW a 15# jug of R12 IF CAN FIND is now well over $300, R22 is running a close second. Our 410A system uses roughly 5# and costs the HVAC guys near to $4 a pound. Pressures on our system are high enough takes Special Gauges, close to 460# high side.
Dave H View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2019 at 8:38am
The local walley world had the little screw on adapter on the shelf next to the "new and improved" R134A can with the valve on the end.  Little blue plastic screw on thingey.
Roger Mn View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roger Mn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2019 at 9:10am
new adaptor at napa is 3.00
Bill_MN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill_MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2019 at 2:24pm
If you buy one of those A/C Pro cans with the hose and gauge they fit the new style top and are reusable.
1951 WD #78283, 1918 Case 28x50 Thresher #76738, Case Centennial B 2x16 Plow
festus51 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote festus51 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2019 at 8:34am
I  had to have service on my house AC this spring.  It took 2 lb of R-22 to fill up  at $40 a lb.      Talk about sticker shock!!
We the unwilling Led by the unqualified Doing the impossible for the Ungrateful
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2019 at 9:58am
May want to consider having your system upgraded festus, 12 and 22 are no longer being manufactured, Industrial users are snatching up remnant supplies where may not have any next time. Let them recover yours as a price reduction and get a newer LESS Expensive system that may not need refills very often if at all.
festus51 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote festus51 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2019 at 11:10am
Hi Dmiller   system is 30 years old this is the first time I have had to do anything to it.  I thought I will run it as long as it will go then just buy new system.   That is my reasoning.
We the unwilling Led by the unqualified Doing the impossible for the Ungrateful
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic