This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

need a part for an AD4/AD3

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ghostriderinthesky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: need a part for an AD4/AD3
    Posted: 17 Feb 2017 at 12:17pm
anybody have a steering box out of an AD grader they want to sell? mine has the studs broken off and the holes are all wallowed out.
Sponsored Links

ghostriderinthesky View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ghostriderinthesky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2017 at 7:47am
well i got it out of the machine yesterday and it wasn't as bad as i thought. one stud was missing and the other was broken off about half way. i was able to get the dutchman out pretty easy because there was about an inch of it sticking out of the box. the other problems were that someone had welded the nut and broken stud to the frame under the steering box and had welded the box to the frame from above with about an inch of weld. the above weld had broken many years ago,but t hat one underneath was a real &%^#!Angry. I don't think the machine shop will be necessary. all i need now is a couple of studs ,nuts,washers and i will back in businessClapClapClap
darrel in ND View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2017 at 9:41am
Fantastic. I was all ready to sell you a complete AD3 for a parts machine. Now I got a keep it. Dang! Darrel
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ghostriderinthesky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2017 at 8:03am
Yup pretty lucky on that one.  would you be interested in selling parts off of your AD3
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2017 at 8:05am
Well, I really should just part it out, but I can't quite bring myself to do that. It really is way too nice of a machine to knock in the head. Darrel
shameless (ne) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless (ne) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2017 at 8:58am
how many of them things you gots?
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2017 at 9:06am
Only two. Darrel
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ghostriderinthesky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2017 at 11:51am
yea i understand. if you decide to part it out let me know. my AD4 is really in pretty good shape too. it still has the electric brakes and all. i am still entertaining selling it to help finance a hydraulic machine with power steering,but it will have to suffice until i make up my mind. anyway it should be a big improvement getting the steering box bolted down again. i really don't need a good grader just for my own work anyway and i kind of have the hankering for a new dragline . i don't think Allis Chalmers made draglines . did they?
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2017 at 8:26am
No, I am pretty sure Allis did not make drag lines. Probably one of the few things they didn't make. But they did make some mighty neat mining equipment. Maybe something from that entity would suffice you as a drag line. Might be tough to move around though. Lol. Darrel
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless (ne) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2017 at 4:42pm
right now I think Cody is the drag line queen. maybe he knows where to gits you one?
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2017 at 5:55pm
Glad you said "Drag line queen", and not "drag queen". Darrel
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless (ne) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2017 at 12:48am
bet he is too! lol
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless (ne) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2017 at 12:49am
I've seen some really nice drag lines on consignment and on line auctions, they usually don't bring much money
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ghostriderinthesky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2017 at 8:58am
yea!  wearing high heels just don't work with those peddles.
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ghostriderinthesky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2017 at 9:00am
they don't bring much money cause nobody knows how to run them anymore. maybe to many drag queens?  instead of "owner operator"
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2017 at 9:21am
I think that a drag line would be fun to operate. A drag queen, not so much. Lol Darrel
WDman1951 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WDman1951 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2017 at 9:24am
Drag lines are lame you need to gets you a Buycrus Erie track how like me that's where it's at. Drag queen is a befitting term so I'll take that as a compliment lol
1951 WD 1945 C 1936 WC
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ghostriderinthesky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2017 at 6:15pm
I got the AD4 all put back together. i went ahead and rebuilt the driveshaft from the rear to the front also. now it steers a lot better and there isn't any more wobble in the gear box drive.  "Power steering"  maybe that will be the next project
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2017 at 6:30pm
I was reminded by your handle, GRITS, of this classic spoof:

[TUBE]http://youtu.be/Pkdci55adqk[/TUBE]

and, of course, the JC original:

[TUBE]http://youtu.be/Mynzbmrtp9I[/TUBE]

Now I've lost my train of thought, entirely...

[TUBE]http://youtu.be/ZjbjUy4KDYI[/TUBE]
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ghostriderinthesky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2017 at 8:15pm
THANKS!!!  now i am going to be hearing that song in my head for days.  Ahhh "Hank Snow"   Ferlin Husky???
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2017 at 8:36am
Good post, Dave. I'd never heard the "Ghost Chickens" song before. I good a good laugh out of that one. Darrel
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2017 at 8:45am
Originally posted by ghostriderinthesky ghostriderinthesky wrote:

I got the AD4 all put back together. i went ahead and rebuilt the driveshaft from the rear to the front also. now it steers a lot better and there isn't any more wobble in the gear box drive.  "Power steering"  maybe that will be the next project
Glad to hear you're up and running with it Ghost. I swear, that one of my two motor graders will be operational by summer's end. Do you have any way of posting a video of your machine in operation..... ? Thanks, Darrel
LeonR2013 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeonR2013 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2017 at 3:10pm
Dave thanks for posting the vids you do. I don't know how you keep up, but these especially brought back some old memories. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic