This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

modern roto-baler?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alex09(WI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: modern roto-baler?
    Posted: 08 Jul 2017 at 4:05pm
It looks like this company has reinvented the roto-baler, for a pretty steep price!

https://tractortoolsdirect.com/showroom/tx31-mini-round-baler-by-ibex/
www.awtractor.com
A&W TRACTOR 920-598-1287
KEEPING ALLIS-CHALMERS IN THE FIELDS THROUGH THE 21ST CENTURY
Sponsored Links

johnkc View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnkc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2017 at 5:01pm
"Finally, you can control the quality of your hay by baling when the hay is at peak nutritional value, instead of when the farmer down the road gets around to it."  the company must be ran by citybots with a reference towards farmers like that.....

Edited by johnkc - 08 Jul 2017 at 5:03pm
I support the development of hybrid automobiles and alternative fuels as I need DIESEL fuel for my ALLIS CHALMERS!
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2017 at 7:01pm
yep....several companies are making the little ones, mostly they are made over seas somewhere and shipped here.
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2017 at 7:53pm
[TUBE]dIAFykS8wsY[/TUBE]
Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2017 at 8:35pm
A toy version of a round baler. I had rather go with a square baler for ease of handling and stacking. The only advantage to these would be weather resistance if left outside.
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
thendrix View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thendrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2017 at 4:04pm
I agree Hubert. I can't see a lot of moisture resistance because if rain soaks the first 3 or 4 inches you lose a fair percentage of the bale
"Farming is a business that makes a Las Vegas craps table look like a regular paycheck" Ronald Reagan
Gary Burnett View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary Burnett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2017 at 6:00am
Fellow not far from me has one of the small round balers makes a bale about the size of a
Roto Baler and puts up a nice looking bale.Its pretty simple but works well definitely not
a toy but a serious machine.I'd love to have one but I think he paid over 10K for it
so I don't see one in my future soon.He gave me about 75 of the bales because he thought it wasn't up to the 'quality' of the hay his horses needed my goats thought it was OK.And it does far less damage to the hay than a square baler.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary Burnett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2017 at 6:03am
Originally posted by thendrix thendrix wrote:

I agree Hubert. I can't see a lot of moisture resistance because if rain soaks the first 3 or 4 inches you lose a fair percentage of the bale

With an AC Roto Baler if the bales are baled as large as they can go and baled very tight
they'll keep real well out in the field,and when baling that tight it'll make a WD45
snort a little when the bale is close to being finished.
PaulB View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2017 at 4:55pm
If someone want's the real McCoy I have a white top Roto-Baler available, I'll take less that what they're asking for those.

If it was fun to pull in LOW gear, I could have a John Deere.
If you can't make it GO... make it SHINY
Hockeygoon View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hockeygoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2017 at 8:25am
If you want a "toy" round baler watch this one:

No tractor needed - just a good pair of shoes. 
thendrix View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thendrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2017 at 8:49am
I'm surprised DR hasn't started marketing mini balers yet. I can see that being handy in steep terrain. Less chance for a roll over
"Farming is a business that makes a Las Vegas craps table look like a regular paycheck" Ronald Reagan
CaseyCreek View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaseyCreek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2017 at 4:23pm

I have wondered about this for awhile:  How do you load a bale that is too small to lift with a bucket loader and too awkward to grab onto and pitch on to a wagon?  If you could pitch it on the wagon how would you stack it?

I have seen hay hooks that my dad used to use but that still seems slow and awkward when it comes to getting a good load on a wagon.

What am i missing?
D17 Series III,D17 Series IV, 185
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2017 at 6:20pm
Originally posted by Hockeygoon Hockeygoon wrote:

If you want a "toy" round baler watch this one:

No tractor needed - just a good pair of shoes. 
Saw the above video...

This gal's got that machine, all beat to hell:

[TUBE]fIVAlV8YVF0[/TUBE]
thendrix View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thendrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2017 at 8:50pm
Originally posted by CaseyCreek CaseyCreek wrote:

I have wondered about this for awhile:  How do you load a bale that is too small to lift with a bucket loader and too awkward to grab onto and pitch on to a wagon?  If you could pitch it on the wagon how would you stack it?

I have seen hay hooks that my dad used to use but that still seems slow and awkward when it comes to getting a good load on a wagon.

What am i missing?

The best way to stack them would be on end I think. I'm guessing they probably weigh about the same as a square bale (45 - 65 lbs I guess). I bet somebody makes a 4 wide spear or something for them.

Edited by thendrix - 12 Jul 2017 at 8:53pm
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2017 at 9:27pm
these small balers were originally designed for baling pine needles. used in the landscaping industry. then they caught on to bale hay and straw too. there is a dude in PA that re-designs a new Holland small square baler to make smaller square bales, pulled behind a 65 HP plus tractor it can usually pump out about 30 bales a minute. these are really loved by the horse people as they can be hauled to shows easier and the little kids can handle them easier for feeding. 1 bale will feed 2 horses at each feeding.
JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2017 at 9:53pm
Wonder if that hay pusher still has that kind of steam yet...  LOL
He who says there is no evil has already deceived himself
The truth is the truth, sugar coated or not. Trawler II says, "Remember that."
Ranse View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ranse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2017 at 9:52pm
That girl was impressive. There's no way I could work like that. As far as the small rolls go, not everyone has a tractor to handle a big roll. But with that said, I agree with Hubert, I rather have square bales in that case.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2017 at 4:39pm
She was putting the effort out, would love to rub on those tired muscles!!

A cutie too!!

Was the way my Great Aunt and Uncle put up hay before balers, push to a pile then load on wagons then use loft hay grab to put in barn. Forks wore pretty hard running them on the grade pushing hay, would have flat spots on backside after a season! They still had the loose hay forks(9 tine) when I was younger then they just disappeared.
ibexowner View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ibexowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2019 at 10:12pm
I bought one of these IBEX TX31 mini round balers back in June 2019. I did this after a lot of research into balers, and after the farmer down the road once again let me down. We had been share baling our fields, we have horses as do they, after waiting many weeks we were informed he didn't really need any hay. Great.

So we decided to divorce ourselves from that arrangement and find another solution, looked at lots of used balers, but not interested in buying someone else problems.

We have a Ford 2110 and a Boomer 40.  We found an inline square baler, very compact lightweight and lower power requirements, in Japan, very expensive. Then we found a lot of mini round balers, the most expensive being the Italian ones, which cost more than twice the IBEX and lacked hydraulics.

So we decided to roll the dice, we needed everything but the tractor, so we ordered the IBEX TX31 baler, a 4 wheel rake, a two tine teder, and a high speed drum mower, the entire package was delivered to our farm for under $11,000

I made 1,000 bales, about 40 pounds each, The last week of June 2019. We were 4 weeks behind the other locals here.

All 4 pieces of equipment are more than satisfactory, the baler works just fine and does the job. Unlike the expensive Italian model, it has it's own hydraulic system for opening the door.

The baler is so interesting, I started creating a wifi enabled wireless control system for it, to  add a lot of functionality and supervision to the baler, including bale moisture content.

The baler works with a very low power tractor, it is no issue for our 40 hp tractors.

I've got about 18 or so videos on it and the automation project.

Oh, and we started second cutting, baled 200 today set at higher density, 60 lbs a bale

Edited by ibexowner - 06 Sep 2019 at 12:07am
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2019 at 5:02am
Thanks for the update.  For the lower HP tractors, there really is no other option.  As for how to handle (Load by hand) these bales, just like a roto-baler, when I was handling them, use a hay hook, in each hand, makes things a lot easier.  Also, back when I had a roto-baler, I also had a ATV, with a snowplow, that I had bodged together, on the front.  I would take the ATV/plow, and push a pile of bales together, about 10-15 bales, from each direction. then take a wagon or dump truck out to the pile of bales, and load in fewer stops, and no schleppin bales while walkin along a moving wagon...Thumbs Up
Source: Babylon Bee. Sponsored by BRAWNDO, its got what you need!
ibexowner View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ibexowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2019 at 5:50am
Actually......
the baler shipped encased in angle iron, so much angle that I easily built a hay spear for my loader in an hour.
 I use the spear to load the bales on the trailer, and unload them and stack in the barn. As far as manually, you just pick them up with your hands on each end where the spear would enter. My mom loaded 100 by hand last night cause I wont let her use the spears, she keeps running them into the ground and bending them. Shes 86. The horses are hers, once she cant bale she cant ride.
The spears are spaced so you load bales 1 and 3, then bales 2 and 4

Edited by ibexowner - 06 Sep 2019 at 6:01am
PaulB View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2019 at 6:18am
11 grand plus the already owned tractor to go into the haymaking business. A Roto-Baler, PTO rake/tedder, mower and CA would have been a lot less. On top of all that, the Roto-Baler has s completely automatic after you stop motion to finish the bale.
If it was fun to pull in LOW gear, I could have a John Deere.
If you can't make it GO... make it SHINY
ibexowner View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ibexowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2019 at 6:49am
Can you post links to all the equipment and pricing and shipping ?

ibexowner View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ibexowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2019 at 7:46am
DROSERA 280 ROTARY TEDDER
http://www.terra-implements.it/portfolio-items/drosera/

IBEX TX 31 MINI ROUND BALER
http://ibexequipment.com/ibex-mini-round-baler-twine-wrap/

IBEX TS144 4 WHEEL RAKE
http://tractortoolsdirect.com/showroom/ibex-ts114_4-wheel-rake/

KOWALKSI Z001/2 DRUM MOWER
http://www.hodgesfarmequipment.com/productdetail.php?idx=2406

After many iterations of making practice orders on the internet myself, I stumbled across Steve Carver of Carver Equipment, he ended up providing all the above delivered and at 500 dollars less than the best I could do on my own. His support during sale shipping and afterward has been stellar. In comparing prices, this included shipping to my barn and lift truck service, not cheap.

I sold 800 bales of the first cut at 3.75 a bale, we wanted the second cut for over winter, baling that now.  So we got $3,000 back off the first cutting. We don't load or deliver Tongue

From cutting teddering raking baling loading transport to barn and unloading on that first 1,000 bales, I did it all myself, and I never left the seat of a tractor or picked up anything myself.

http://www.facebook.com/groups/616885855078958/permalink/1886581154776082/

Edited by ibexowner - 06 Sep 2019 at 8:07am
ibexowner View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ibexowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2019 at 8:13am
Am I wrong or is this allis roto baler everyone talks about and is comparing here is only available used as a vintage piece of equipment, and that it weighs over a ton at 2300 pounds ?

By the way, one of the issues we took into consideration on other used balers was weight, we have hills, there is no way our compact tractors could hold back those heavy square balers, we can slide on some of the hills with the ibex if the rear tires get on cut hay going downhill and trying to stop, its like ice.

Edited by ibexowner - 06 Sep 2019 at 8:16am
WDJim View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WDJim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2019 at 8:18am
can roto baler twine be found I am about out. getting desperate. text me at 308-340-6405 thanks
ibexowner View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ibexowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2019 at 8:18am
Originally posted by PaulB PaulB wrote:

On top of all that, the Roto-Baler has s completely automatic after you stop motion to finish the bale.

So will the IBEX once my wifi enabled automation add on is completed. Plans are to market it.
ibexowner View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ibexowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2019 at 8:42am
[TUBE]nD7bbwH5JBE[/TUBE]

[TUBE]WDMtkfBmnX0[/TUBE]

[TUBE]ZrViecIJm3s[/TUBE]

[TUBE]4Kuwyp1kec4[/TUBE]

[TUBE]qxl6jJg8axU[/TUBE]

Edited by ibexowner - 06 Sep 2019 at 9:16am
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary Burnett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2019 at 8:49am
Seems like a crazy amount of money to spend to make a small bale of hay when balers in working ready to go to field condition can be had for less than $2000.
ibexowner View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ibexowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2019 at 9:11am
Originally posted by Gary Burnett Gary Burnett wrote:

Seems like a crazy amount of money to spend to make a small bale of hay when balers in working ready to go to field condition can be had for less than $2000.

Can you post a link to the lower cost balers that will work on a compact tractor, i assume they weight less than 1,000 lbs ?

Cause I searched high and low and the IBEX was the lowest cost solution I found.

Also, I already got back $3,000 by selling the first cut I didn't want in the first place. So 4 years and it's free equipment Wink

Edited by ibexowner - 06 Sep 2019 at 9:27am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic