This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mini Orange Spectacular!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrestonM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mini Orange Spectacular!
    Posted: 06 Jun 2016 at 11:04pm
[TUBE]?v=bqqcqGl2Ii0[/TUBE]
[TUBE]?v=_WSO8chTJNs[/TUBE]
[TUBE]?v=jNU3SdsNKOc[/TUBE]
[TUBE]?v=jsJQCPKyN5U[/TUBE]
[TUBE]?v=1C6X8aJetJU[/TUBE]
[TUBE]?v=el-Dh98uxWY[/TUBE]
[TUBE]?v=k04wMStyAd4[/TUBE]

An A-C friend of mine (1 year older than me) and I cut about 15 acres of wheat this afternoon! Both combines are 1950 60As, the D17 is a 1958. Not sure about the WD45. Both combines performed extremely well. The wheat was at 11% moisture and weighing in at 60.2 lbs per bushel. He ran the D17 in 2 High most of the time, occasionally shifting to 2 Low. I ran the WD45 in 2nd most of the time, occasionally going to 3rd. I didn't stay in 3rd long because I was afraid of overloading the shoe. 
I can't figure out why the videos are such low quality on the computer, but on my phone they're great. Oh well, that's beyond my knowledge!
Hope y'all enjoy!

Edited by CrestonM - 06 Jun 2016 at 11:39pm
Sponsored Links

HudCo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HudCo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2016 at 11:06pm
sure all sounds smooth
CrestonM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrestonM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2016 at 11:12pm
Added some more videos!
Oh, and sorry some are so shaky. It gets a little tricky running a combine, tractor, and trying to get a good video.

Edited by CrestonM - 06 Jun 2016 at 11:14pm
SHAMELESS View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SHAMELESS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2016 at 11:48pm
thems great vids Creston! boy does that bring back memories! you should get a local newspaper person out there to do a story on this! you will be popular at the coffee shops!
Mikez View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2016 at 11:50pm
It's blank for me
JPG AUSTRALIA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JPG AUSTRALIA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2016 at 12:45am
thanks for posting ,great videos,bet your lines were a bit crooked while you were filming.
CrestonM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrestonM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2016 at 9:20am
A little bit! Lol
I need a camera that mounts to my hat so wherever I look, it films! Sure would free up my hand! 
Brian F(IL) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian F(IL) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2016 at 11:48am
Creston, I'm sure that was fun.  Thanks for sharing.
CrestonM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrestonM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2016 at 1:50pm
Originally posted by Brian F(IL) Brian F(IL) wrote:

Creston, I'm sure that was fun.  Thanks for sharing.
No problem! It sure was fun! I hadn't had that much fun since Hutchinson last summer!
WD45 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WD45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2016 at 2:14pm
Thanks for posting. What was the yield per acre?
Fred Dunlop, G,B,CA, WC,WF, 3 WD45`s,gas, diesel and LP,U,D10 series III, D12,D14,D15 SERIES II,D17 Series IV in Gas and Diesel ,D19 GAS and D21,170 185,210 ,220 an I-600 8070 fwd, 716H and 1920H
JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2016 at 2:58pm
Creston, Vids were plenty good, Been about ten years since I ran our 66 combine. Sure brings memories to a fellow.
 Could I ask you to do a walk around vid of the old 45? more on the LPgas system and mountings and carb vap etc.
 Our WD has all the hookups, valves and fuel gauge above the battery box and the safety on to, where as yours is on the end of the tank... . Thanks. JC

He who says there is no evil has already deceived himself
The truth is the truth, sugar coated or not. Trawler II says, "Remember that."
TBone View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TBone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2016 at 7:36pm
GREAT videos Creston.
Yep, great memories!  I don't know if I'd call it fun though.......lots of heat, sweat and chaff.  But, I can't think of anything better to do......
LeonR2013 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeonR2013 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2016 at 10:06pm
Yeah, that old bearded wheat would get you going. Had to be careful or you could create a heck of a rash. Don't miss that at all! How many of you ever stacked wheat bundles after they had dried? You had to walk it down as you went. Dang it was rough.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic