This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

M2 oil cooler on 185 allis

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 160 allis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: M2 oil cooler on 185 allis
    Posted: 14 Dec 2021 at 4:40pm
I bought a gleaner m2 for the engine to put in our 185 but had the pump and injectors rebuilt and set for turbo and found out after that it has different pump and injectors so I decided to use my original 185 engine and put the turbo and oil cooler setup from the m2 on it since it has new pump and injectors. I know the turbo and manifold i can use but I'd like to put the oil cooler on it as well but the water pump outlet is going out the wrong side to match up. Has anyone done this m2 turbo and oil cooler on a 185 and is there a water pump that i can buy that will make it work. Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links

DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2021 at 5:45pm
I think if you measure from the center of the water pump to the center of the crankshaft pulley, you'll find the combine water pump is an inch or two higher. Your easiest oil cooler installation is to source one from the 4-cylinder turbo engine in a K2/F2-3, 6060/70/80. It just screws on the oil filter base and raises the oil filter up 2 1/2 to 3 inches. Then, run two properly plumbed heater hoses to the new oil cooler and you're in business. Install your turbo on backwards and the straight pipe will come out thru the existing hole in the hood.
160 allis View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 160 allis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2021 at 9:30pm
Is the oil cooler you are talking about as good and setup as clean looking as the m2 engine? I want it to look pretty clean and not look like the 190xt setup. I know nothing about these engines really and was going to just drop this m2 engine in the 185 and run it but i already sent the pump and injectors to ed and I found out i couldn't just throw them on the m2 engine as they were different. Reason for the swap was we got this combine with a really good running engine and the 185 we bought without knowing anything about it as it wouldn't run with the bad pump. I wasn't sure if there was a different water pump that would bolt up to it or not and i didn't know it was taller on the m2 until you told me. Which would be the best setup to use to make it look clean and neat and how would i go about doing it the best way possible? Thank you!
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2021 at 5:47am
The cooler I recommended is very clean and simple looking if you do the coolant hoses nicely. Your situation is fairly typical. Everyone thinks a combine engine will just jump right into a tractor chassis and they don't. What about your oil pan clearance to the front axle ??
160 allis View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 160 allis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2021 at 6:45am
I'm not using the m2 engine now. I planned on using it as a drop in but didn't want to change the front plate and the pump and injectors i had built wouldn't work with it without changing a bunch of stuff so I am putting the turbo and stuff on the original engine of the tractor so I won't have to worry about pan clearance. Do you have a picture of this oil cooler system and could you tell me how to route the hoses? I couldn't find anything. You could send pictures to my cell at 502-758-2341 if you have any or if it makes it easier. I'm sorry for all the questions and I really appreciate your help and you taking your time to give me info.
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2021 at 7:14am
AGCO parts book website..…….6060 tractor...…..page 48...…….number 5 is the engine oil cooler 74007934 and number 4 is the stem that secures it. You can use 5/8" heater hose to connect the coolant as per the picture.
160 allis View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 160 allis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2021 at 10:21am
Thanks Dr, if I'm thinking correctly and I might be wrong but I don't think I'll have enough clearance between the oil filter and the intake of i add 2 inches or more. My oil filter is only 1 inch away from the intake now. I think i might just buy a oil cooler from jegs or summit racing and mount it in the front and run lines to it if you think that will work?
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2021 at 11:29am
Make a spacer plate, use two gaskets and longer bolts if there is a clearance problem. Using an AGCO filter??? Anything other than what A-C designed is not in my theology. You run pressurized oil all the way in front the radiator and back, you will lose some oil pressure and have a chance of leaks.
160 allis View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 160 allis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2021 at 11:41am
I understand what you're saying, I wasn't sure if I could space it out but that's what I believe I'll do. I think that's the only option lol. It's nice to have someone that will share their knowledge and help other's out. Thank you!!
160 allis View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 160 allis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2021 at 11:43am
And yes, I'm using a agco filter as I want to keep agco filters on everywhere I can
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic