This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Looking for Bearing Numbers

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Codger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Looking for Bearing Numbers
    Posted: 26 Apr 2024 at 8:05pm
Does anyone have a listing for aftermarket engine bearing numbers for an 11000, or 685T series engine? I have OEM Allis Chalmers numbers but damned hard to cross via internet, or auto parts stores. Got one old Napa store to visit but haven't had time during normal business hours yet. They still have their old books.

Doesn't matter if Federal-Mogul, Sealed Power, Clevite, Michigan, TRW, Mahle, etc.

Got an R-72 combine coming in on trade that is worn in and out, but still runs well. It could use an engine freshening but rods and mains are elusive to find. I'm wanting to retain the engine and part the rest reasonable in pricing.

Thanks,

A career built on repairing and improving engineering design deficiencies, shortcomings, and failures over 50 years now.
Sponsored Links

Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2024 at 8:20pm
Allis Chalmers 685T, 10000, 11000 Diesel Rear Crankshaft Wear Sleeve, 74029556 ; Availability: ; Part Number: 474029556 ; OEM Number: 74029556 ...
‎‎
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
Codger View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Codger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2024 at 6:35am
Thanks Coke. Gaskets and seals are relatively easily sourced for this engine, (albeit expensive) with a couple week turnaround. It is the fluid film journal bearings I cannot cross into the aftermarket and being pursued in this quest.

I have a used set from an engine rebuilt years ago I can reline if need be ultimately; however, installing new would be a lot easier overall.  
A career built on repairing and improving engineering design deficiencies, shortcomings, and failures over 50 years now.
PaulB View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2024 at 10:32am
I have an old Clevite book that lists the following part numbers:
Rod bearings; CB-700P  round oil hole
                     CB-1369 offset oil slot

With flanged #4 main on #4 main
#4 flanged main bearing; MS-769P

With trust washers on #4 main bearing
#4 with thrust washers; MS-770P
T.W.4 MB-2096WU 2 pcs req'd included in main set 
T.W.4 MB-2096WL includes dowel pins 2 pcs req'd included in main set 
T.W.4 TW-441S Components included in main set, or may be ordered separately

Late style with oil slot
M.S.  MS-161P
T.W.4  MB-2096WU 2 pcs req'd included in main set
T.W.4  MB-2069WL 2 pcs req'd included in main set
T.W.4  MB-441S Components included in main set, or may be ordered separately

I definitely doesn't look as just 1 part listing will fit every engine.
If you have a NAPA store in you area that has competent counter help, consider yourself lucky. Around here a NAPA store is just about as much of a time waster as going to a TSC.

If it was fun to pull in LOW gear, I could have a John Deere.
If you can't make it GO... make it SHINY
Codger View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Codger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2024 at 12:23pm
Thanks Paul; The mains it seems are to remain elusive. Poking around on the internet early this morning I found a "Mahle Aftermarket" catalog showing the same numbers you have researched and the rod bearings are seemingly still available, or a current offering. The mains are not listed as current and a quick search provided nothing tangible in result.

You're right about the Napa stores any longer. Such a shame too as always used them in the past but no better than anyone else nowadays. They, (local store) still have all their old literature to go through and that has helped a lot.   
im4racin View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote im4racin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2024 at 12:40pm
I think the bigger question is when did the R72 come with an ac produced engine?
Codger View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Codger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2024 at 1:22pm
Originally posted by im4racin im4racin wrote:

I think the bigger question is when did the R72 come with an ac produced engine?

I was told it was original to the machine? Never been around any of them myself so no idea.
Codger View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Codger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2024 at 2:11pm
I mixed that up. It is an N7 combine being traded for an R72. The N7 has the Allis engine and I don't know what is in the later unit.
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2024 at 4:17pm
You might ask these guys some questions//

Like them all, but love the "B"s.
Codger View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Codger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2024 at 5:48pm
Thanks. I did not realize they were into anything but reproduction manuals. Talked to several that vendor the Reliance brand of parts and nobody has mentioned these shown here?

I'll get a number and call them.

Thanks again,
Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2024 at 10:53pm
figured that site might have had lead on other parts also - not just gaskets .
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
Codger View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Codger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2024 at 6:35am
[QUOTE=Coke-in-MN]figured that site might have had lead on other parts also - not just gaskets .[/QUOTE

I've used them several times in the past for both gaskets, and hard parts/items and was told in gaskets they only offered what Victor/Reinz offered at the time under private label. Until recently, had never heard of the "Reliant" brand. However, searching Reliant's website directly, there was no listing pertaining to the engine I'm working with for main bearings found and the reference posted by Steve is quite a surprise to see them exactly from that brand. Several sources list the rod bearings as the number is relatively commonplace in  many older engines.

This needs further investigation as I have several old engines that are long extinct for many parts and bearings. 

Thanks again,   
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic