This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Look what followed me home update

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Wdtractorman View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wdtractorman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Look what followed me home update
    Posted: 14 Sep 2018 at 7:43pm

1939 b. A John deere feller had it and rebuilt the rear-end final drives, clutch and brakes, and then gave up on it. It has set in a shed for 5 or so years. He said someone had stolen the carb and mag off it.
I thought this was neat

Edited by Wdtractorman - 25 Sep 2018 at 8:27am
Sponsored Links

shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2018 at 9:00pm
that's pretty cool! nice find! we'll wait for the finished pics!
Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2018 at 9:10pm
The grey ghost! Nice find. Do you have the hood?
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
JoeM(GA) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeM(GA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2018 at 9:21pm
Nice find!
Allis Express North Georgia
41 WC,48 UC Cane,7-G's,
Ford 345C TLB
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wdtractorman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2018 at 9:28pm
Originally posted by Hubert (Ga)engine7 Hubert (Ga)engine7 wrote:

The grey ghost! Nice find. Do you have the hood?
yes the hood and an extra grill rode in the cab with me. He's got more stuff I'm going after but I was in a hurry today. I was supposed to just work half a day today but it ended up all day nearly, and I had to meet a guy this afternoon about selling some cattle. If this one turn out good my other b will probably turn into a c since I've still not got around to fixing the final drives yet, and the front end so sloppy.
Unit3 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unit3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2018 at 2:37pm
Great picture of the "B" in your mirror. The "Look What followed Me Home" posts are some of my favorites. 5 Stars.
2-8070FWA PS/8050PS/7080/7045PS/200/D15-II/2-WD45/WD/3-WC/UC/C
1955CA View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1955CA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2018 at 5:11pm
I gotta say that is an awesome truck you have too. I miss my old Ford's.

I hate all these new electronic, power everything trucks.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wdtractorman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2018 at 11:22pm
Originally posted by 1955CA 1955CA wrote:

I gotta say that is an awesome truck you have too. I miss my old Ford's.

Thank ya sir, I like my old truck but it's a work in progress lol.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wdtractorman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2018 at 8:07pm
Update on it I got a mag on it and got it fireing. And think it's in time. Next I started on the gas side of things. Just to see what was going to happen I borrowed a carburetor off another tractor and though I had it going my way, but after cranking on it a few times and not much happening so I started looking around. What I found was that we had no suction at the carb. Tock the manifold off and sure enough full of dirt doobers. While I had it off I thought I'd take the valve cover and check that the valves was working properly. The good news is that everything in there looks like it working fine. The only trouble was I'm missing the valve cover nuts, I couldn't tell bc someone had put big gobs of silicone on top of the studs. Dose anyone know what size nuts I would need to replace them? Thanks
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2018 at 9:39pm
You did GOOD on the following........
They are FUN,,,,both to work on and to drive!!
Congrats!!
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
DaveKamp View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveKamp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2018 at 11:39pm
Originally posted by 1955CA 1955CA wrote:

Amen!   Everybody Gimmie an AMEN!!!Smile
Ten Amendments, Ten Commandments, and one Golden Rule solve most every problem. Citrus hand-cleaner with Pumice does the rest.
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2018 at 3:06pm
I'm thinking they're 3/8-FINE threaded nuts ??? it's a guess but there's a 'few' guys who owns Bs so someone HAS to know....Smile
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wdtractorman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2018 at 3:09pm
I think your right. I got a handful at the hardware yesterday and some rubber washers and ended up with some that worked lol
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic