This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Pulling Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Lathrop Pull

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken in Texas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lathrop Pull
    Posted: 26 Jun 2014 at 6:23am
First time to watch a percentage pull from the stands. Seen em on TV. It was a little hard to follow from a spectator position.
    Some of the hooks never moved the sled. Everyone had a heck of a time just getting the sled to move. Once the sled got out about 20 feet it pulled easy until the weight got up a bit.
     Are all percentage pulls calculated the same way using the same formula?  I looked up Percentage Pulling and where the weight stops in inches and the tractor stops in feet 
and the weight of the sled and the weight of the tractor figures in to the % of the tractor weight it is able to pull.
     In distance pulling it is easy for a spectator to see winners and loosers. Not so in percentage pulling where you have to wait for the anouncer to give a percentage figure.
     I think the class I watched was the 3500 t0 4500 class. All the tractors weigh somewhere between 3500 and 4500 pounds. Almost everybody regardless of make and weight run the max tire size allowed for the class and extra horsepower to be competive.  
   My little old 3500# CA would look like a high crop on those 14 x 28 tall tires and with a stock engine probably couldn't move the sled. It looked like to be competive it depends on how much coin you have  spent under the hood. 
   There were no tractors under 3500 there to compete that day.   I have always heard Bs make good percentage pull tractors
Sponsored Links

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic