This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Half Century of Progress videos...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rfdeere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Half Century of Progress videos...
    Posted: 30 Aug 2011 at 10:56pm
   Have several videos I will post over the next few nights, here is tonight's videos:

J Van Brown's A and Picker

[TUBE]Y2T2X3Et4Fs[/TUBE]

Brian Bunge's 20-35

[TUBE]Nf6Vi5jK3JI[/TUBE]

Randy Freshour,Member Indiana AC Partners,
http://www.rumelyallis.com
Sponsored Links

Don M SEIA View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Don M SEIA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2011 at 8:58am
Cool thankyou.  I have a picture of my dad picking with a WC and a steel wheeled New Idea side elevator.  Don
KY View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2011 at 10:16am
What is the advantage to a side elevator pulled wagon? I know they used to pull wagons seperately beside the side elevator pickers, but that one is pulled by the picker.
TedBuiskerN.IL. View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TedBuiskerN.IL. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2011 at 10:27am
The early side elevator pickers were used with horse drawn high wheeled wagons with the long tongue.  The wagon was pulled by a chain through a tube that would allow the picker operator to adjust the wagon fore and aft to completely fill the wagons.
When I was a youngster, that was how my Dad picked corn with a side elevator Oliver picker behind a 1947 WC.  Then we used a new idea elevator with a wagon hoist to unload at the crib.  You would pull the wagon onto the hoist wheel pans then engage the gearing to lift the front of the wagon with cables to unload the corn.
Most problems can be solved with the proper application of high explosives.
JBrownIndiana View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JBrownIndiana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2011 at 10:07pm
Great job on the videos, Randy! You do a darn good job of that!
       What an experience that was. Randy was a great help in getting the A going again. If it weren't for him and Norm Meinert, the whole show would have been a flop for me.
    It was running great when I left home, and then when I started it at the show, it had a miss. Norm looked at it for me, and the determination was made that a valve wasn't closing. Took the cover off, and sure enough. Couldn't get it to come back up, so I pulled the head off.....a valve seat had dropped. Was lucky to get it to a machine shop in Rantoul (G&G), they had a new seat in in no time. Randy helped me work on it well after dark, adjusting valves, etc. It wasn't running perfect sitting there, but sounded good under load. Thanks again, Randy and Norm!
Rfdeere View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rfdeere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2011 at 6:27pm
   A couple more:

[TUBE]7zXQa0VmZns[/TUBE]

[TUBE]5rIu6S3D6IA[/TUBE]
BPM75 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BPM75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2011 at 7:52pm
I had my D17 there with a 3 bottom JD plow, any chance you might have caught it on video? just curious would like to see if you did.
Andrew(southernIL) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew(southernIL) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2011 at 10:42pm
Thanks for the vids wish I was there but had to stay home and work this year since I'm getting married next week. Did you get any of Double Trouble?
If fishing is a sport your looking at an athlete
427435 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 427435 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2011 at 11:02pm
Thanks for the videos-------I really enjoyed the pickers.  I am a little saddened by the unshielded PTO shafts, however.  They can still maim and kill-------especially in a show surrounding with people who don't understand their danger.

Mark

B10 Allis, 917 Allis, 7116 Simplicity, 7790 Simplicity Diesel,
GTH-L Simplicity

Ignorance is curable-----stupidity is not.
Rfdeere View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rfdeere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2011 at 11:28pm
   Ben, I didn't have a chance to get any plowing videos, There are several by others on youtube, maybe one of them has footage of your D17.

Andrew, I Didn't film the Kinze show, although many did if you check out youtube. 

Mark, I totally agree.
Rfdeere View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rfdeere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2011 at 9:43pm
   Three more:

[TUBE]T61ZU5SUmTo[/TUBE]

[TUBE]riTP4r3JhzQ[/TUBE]

[TUBE]B7Pxubh2Za0[/TUBE]
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic