This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Front-End Loader

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JWingerter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Front-End Loader
    Posted: 08 Apr 2024 at 8:12pm
Someone gave me an AC front-end loader.  It is an older style.  We had one that we used on our D15 back in the early 70s.  It had hydraulics for lifting, but nothing for downward movement.  The bucket operated with a hand-lever that allowed it to tilt.  By today's standards, this is a toy.  On the other hand, it was very effective when it came to cleaning out the cattle sheds.  We used it with a tricycle and we could do what needed done.

Our unit had a hollow, rectangular bracket.  It wasn't in the way; we normally left it attached to the D15 year round.  We could drop and then reattach the rest of the tool with ease.  The unit that I now have uses a 3-inch round, hollow framework.

It looks like I could attach the front of the support bracket to the framework of my D17 Series III alongside the engine.  The back is supposed to slide through a hanger that would apparently attach to the rear axle.

Here is the hanger:

Notice the 3-inch slide that would receive the support bracket.  The piece is actually folded at the left.  The two holes are about three inches apart, but there is plenty of room for adjustment.

My D17 does not appear to support such a hanger.  Perhaps the unit is intended for a WD.  Is there a workaround?
D17 Series III
Sponsored Links

AC WD45 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC WD45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2024 at 5:03pm
That hanger is for a pipe frame loader on a CA or D14. The smaller D series may have used it aswell.I just put a #17 loader on my WD45 this past weekend. It uses a similar hanger but the part that bolts to the axle is different. I will include pictures below. The axle brackets for the WD45 are the same for the D15 and D17.
Again I am unsure on the D14 and D12 etc.

Here is my loader and the axle bracket.

Edited by AC WD45 - 11 Apr 2024 at 8:07am
German Shepherd dad
1957 Allis Chalmers WD45
#WD234847
1951 Allis Chalmers WD
#WD88193
JWingerter View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JWingerter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2024 at 8:57pm
I saw your other post.  You have a wide variety of capable operators at your disposal.  Are they paid farm hands?

Thanks for the picture of the bracket.  I'll check for adaptability to my D17.  I also know where I can view a C and that will be interesting.

D17 Series III
AC WD45 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC WD45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2024 at 8:03am
J, here is a photo from the #14 and #17 farm loader manual showing the brackets you have mounted on a D14. The brackets for the D17 are identical to mine shown in my previous photos and the overall loader is larger. A Facebook friend of mine in Gobles MI is pretty much the expert on these D series pipe frame loaders.
Accordong to him, there was a #14, #15, and #17. The #14 is the odd ball, as it is the smallest.

The #15 is the same overall size as the #17, however the width is narrower, so the brackets are set in more and the upper and lower cross braces are different.

The #17 loader is meant for the D17, but as shown above will fit a WD/WD45 with 2 extra holes in the tractor frame.

Not sure what you mean about farm hands. Only farm hands around here are the ones attached to my hands

Edit, just realized I didn't attach the photo. Here you go

Edited by AC WD45 - 11 Apr 2024 at 8:04am
German Shepherd dad
1957 Allis Chalmers WD45
#WD234847
1951 Allis Chalmers WD
#WD88193
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic