This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

500 series?Planter

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote captaindana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 500 series?Planter
    Posted: 07 Apr 2024 at 5:28pm
Hasn’t seen daylight in twenty some years until today. I pulled it out of the shed and washed and greased and oiled her up. I’ve been contemplating selling her as I don’t use her anymore. Upon finishing I say there’s no way she’ll be sold!

Edited by captaindana - 08 Apr 2024 at 5:10am
Blue Skies and Tail Winds
                          Dana
Sponsored Links

Brian F(IL) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian F(IL) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2024 at 10:20am
I'm not sure what I'd do with it either... but it looks too nice to sell.  Maybe take it to a nearby show sometime??
AMB(wcIL) View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMB(wcIL) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2024 at 11:16am
That picture is bringing back memories of my Grandpa planting with that same set up in the early 1980’s. Ours was a curved gear shifter WD and our planter didn’t have the fertilizer boxes and we had markers on the planter. I can still see Grandpa reaching behind him pulling the rope to drop the marker. Now I’m planting the same field with a 16 row planter and a tractor on tracks with auto-steer. Andy
Mikez View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2024 at 11:22am
Nice Dana 
Did you buy that new.
8070nc View Drop Down
Silver Level Access
Silver Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8070nc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2024 at 5:07pm
We had one just like it. Brings back memories
1984 80780
1957 D14
DES 300 with 25000 engine
616 tractor
captaindana View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote captaindana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2024 at 7:34pm
A neighbor bought it new. I have the original manual. I bought it from him when he sold his cows. I planted sweet corn for a few years. He planted 80 acres a year for forty years.   Books in my shop file cab but I believe the date was very early sixties.
Blue Skies and Tail Winds
                          Dana
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2024 at 12:04am
DAYUM!!!  I'd like to have that!!  The one I have, the tires are shot and the boxes are kind of ........ SHOT...... You better NOT sell it buddy!!!  Use it or parade it....
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
darrel in ND View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2024 at 5:53am
Hang on to that precious gem. Maybe you can custom seed a few food plots or something with it, just to help it earn er keep and put a big ole smile on your face. Darrel
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic