This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Drain Cleaners

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level Access
Bronze Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mnfarmboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Drain Cleaners
    Posted: 16 Mar 2024 at 12:03pm
Is there any drain cleaner that one of you plumbers would recommend?  Drain is'nt plugged and I want to keep it that way.
Thank You,
Dave M
Sponsored Links

Pat the Plumber CIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pat the Plumber CIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2024 at 12:59pm
Which drain? For Kitchen drain there are products that use enzymes and bacteria to eat away gunk . May help other drains but works best for Kitchen sink drains. Roto Rooter sells a concentrated product that you dilute with water. You have to buy from them. They sell a pre diluted version at wallyworld.
Other drains I would suggest replacing as much as possible with proper pvc

Edited by Pat the Plumber CIL - 16 Mar 2024 at 1:04pm
You only need to know 3 things to be a plumber;Crap rolls down hill,Hot is on the left and Don't bite your fingernails

1964 D-17 SIV 3 Pt.WF,1964 D-15 Ser II 3pt.WF ,1960 D-17 SI NF,1956 WD 45 WF.
Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2024 at 2:51pm
Most sink drains leads to trap area problems , but beyond there some form of mechanical means is needed to open lines . 
 I have a 2" cast iron line under basement floor which runs around 25 ft to main 4" line and have mechanical snaked it several times , last time I had a problem I used my pressure washer and a jetting nozzle and ran the line from cleanout to the main line , no problem since in 10 years . Same with drain on laundry room floor drain which is only around 10 ft or cast 2" - jetted it and was surprised at amount of lint and such that came out of line as the line is also a stand pipe for washing machine drain .  
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2024 at 3:01pm
To use a chemical cleaner one would have to make contact with full inside of pipe and only way to do that would be to plug pipe at discharge point into main line by inserting a test plug into line and create a dam to hold solution to fill line full of chemical . 
  I have just replaced part of 4" cast going to septic tank as it seems cast iron scaled off and blocked part of line . My power snake cable was not long enough to reach to tank so used backhoe to dig up line to clear - replaced part of the 50 ft line from tank to house with 20 ft of Sch 40 PVC pipe and added a cleanout into line at junction to existing cast so if a problem in future can run snake in both directions to clear .
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2024 at 3:27pm
Wife does the Baking Soda in MASS Volume then follows with Warmed Vinegar, Foams to beat the band yet drains run clean after done, as in Bath Rooms.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic