This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Electric fan motors

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Feb 2024 at 8:30am
That "should be" a RUN Capacitor -------Its not the Part Number that is important..... its the 15 uF and the 370v spec.

Edited by steve(ill) - 29 Feb 2024 at 8:36am
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
Sponsored Links

jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Feb 2024 at 8:38am
try www.grainger.com ! I did a quik chek...

They have several 'run capacitors', check the specs.
A higher voltage is better as well as higher 'max operating temperature' ( 85*C is typical).
 It's what will PHYSICALLY fit is kinda important.

Also buy more than ONE !! Shipping is same and always have a spare,that you won't need is way better than needing one Saturday night at 2AM...

https://www.grainger.ca/en/product/CAPACITOR-189-227MFD/p/WWG2MDR5
is a 'run one, 200MFD'.....

Edited by jaybmiller - 29 Feb 2024 at 8:48am
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Feb 2024 at 8:44am
START Capacitor...... you may want to try one RATED at 250V instead of 125 v.... should get longer life..

Edited by steve(ill) - 29 Feb 2024 at 8:49am
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
thendrix View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thendrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Feb 2024 at 4:01pm
Thanks fellas. Definitely going to buy more than 1. I need 3 as we speak and have 36 exhaust fans on the farm so I'll probably buy 3 to start then after I'm sure they'll work I'll probably buy 10 at a time
"Farming is a business that makes a Las Vegas craps table look like a regular paycheck" Ronald Reagan
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Feb 2024 at 4:07pm
dang 36 fans ! See where the 'qty discount' point is ! I used to buy computer parts in Quebec cheaper than here in Ontario and that's after shipping / taxes were added.

Also keep track WHICH fans are failing. Is it random or always 'the four on the south west wall' ?If the former..probably life of the parts, if latter, an 'environmental' issue ?

Lars(wi) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lars(wi) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Feb 2024 at 5:02pm
Are these motors able be to oiled? If so, there is special ‘electric motor’ oil that should be used. Not just run of the mill motor oil, or 3-in-1 oil.

Edited by Lars(wi) - 29 Feb 2024 at 5:03pm
I tried to follow the science, but it was not there. I then followed the money, and that’s where I found the science.
thendrix View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thendrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Feb 2024 at 5:31pm
Originally posted by Lars(wi) Lars(wi) wrote:

Are these motors able be to oiled? If so, there is special ‘electric motor’ oil that should be used. Not just run of the mill motor oil, or 3-in-1 oil.

I won't say no they can't be but I've never seen an oil cup or hole that says oil or anything like that

Edited by thendrix - 29 Feb 2024 at 5:31pm
"Farming is a business that makes a Las Vegas craps table look like a regular paycheck" Ronald Reagan
DaveKamp View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveKamp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Feb 2024 at 10:25pm
Originally posted by thendrix thendrix wrote:

Capacitor specs:
Run capacitor C107558440048
15.0uF 370VAC/B 50/60Hz

I searched for this number and it didn't come up. Got a close number but the last 4 digits were wrong

Start capacitor C103237310113
189-227uF 125VAC 60Hz

Found several matches with this number in different sizes. I'll measure mine and see which one fits. I think I've got the start/run thing right. Seems kinda strange to me that the run capacitor has a higher voltage rating than the start capacity though

The run capacitor operates at a higher applied voltage, for a longer period of time, than a start capacitor.

For the RUN capacitor, Johnstone Supply catalog pg 138 shows thier G35-270 as Titan part POCV15A  Motor Run Capacitor, oval shape, 15MFD, 440v, height 2.75" width 2.75, depth 1.75" for $11.00

They list the same capacity 15MFD 440vac diam 1.75 height 3.25" in round form factor pg 140, G35-383, part PCRF15A, also $11.00

If your motor's failed capacitor is a Motor START cap, then replacing it wht a Motor Run will be death knell for it- they can NOT be interchanged of purpose.
Ten Amendments, Ten Commandments, and one Golden Rule solve most every problem. Citrus hand-cleaner with Pumice does the rest.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2024 at 7:07am
life of motors..quality of air...
been thinking about the 'hen house hell' and have a suggestion
Instead of running 2 fans for 30 seconds each, run ONE fan for a minute. The combined volume of air moved is the same BUT each motor doesn't get 'short cycled' and destroyed.
You said 36 fans, so if in one loooooog building, wire them up 'odds and evens'. #s 1,3,5,7,35 come on together then 2,4,6,36. That would be a better air moving pattern and distribute the 'wear and tear' on the motors and fan units evenly. I know you'll have to adjust for ammonia,but the idea is to have fewer fans on longer. It'll meet the guv regs(CFM/pound/hr ? ) and should save on repairs.

I did a similar setup for a bank with all electric heat and AC. Only two HVAC came on for 5 minutes. The pattern was 1,2 then 2,3 then 3,4 then 5,6 then 6,1. Loop repeats. was my first PLC program. Saved the bank 10K a month,so they were happy.

thendrix View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thendrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2024 at 7:57am
We do something slightly similar to that. Each house has 4 exhaust fans. 1 fan in the front wall, 1 in the back wall, 2 on one side wall. While the chicks are young and we can run only 3 fans, we rotate the 2 side fans each cycle. While we're brooding, we have to run the end fans every cycle because we're a center brood house. We use petitions and curtains to shut off the front 25% and the back 25%. We have to run the end fans to keep air flow the same inside and outside of the brood area. I've had instances where we had a fan on the end quit while we were brooding and when we're pulling more air in the center and less on the ends the curtain will pull the petition over and the birds wind up going to the ends before they're ready. Doesn't happen often but when it does it's about like chasing greased pigs.

We also run "stir" fans. They are 18" fans mounted in the peak of the ceiling. When the exhaust fans shut off these fans run until the exhaust fans come on again. The air constantly moving inside the house keeps the litter almost too dry.

We could try running 1,2,3 then 2,3,4 then 3,4,1 then 4,1,2 after we "whole house", meaning after we take up the petition and let them have the ends. Don't know what the integrator will think but might try it and see.

Going back to the variable speed fans, the problem we run into is the integrators really like to listen to certain professors at certain universities that do research for the poultry industry. Now when you're doing research you want to prove your results. When you plug a variable speed fan into your research, you introduce a massive variable and it makes the results harder to replicate. From what I've been told, this is the reason why "research" shows we're better using standard 1725rpm motors instead of variable speed. It's BS but that's what I've been told. There are integrators that will allow and some even promote variable speed but ours isn't one of them
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic