This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

190XT torque tube issues

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote youngorange2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 190XT torque tube issues
    Posted: 21 Dec 2023 at 6:59pm
Last spring I had my 190xt on a small harrow in the hay field and it started making a thumping noise I unhooked and proceeded to drive it to the edge of the field when the tractor suddenly stopped moving. I shut the tractor off and did a walk around and checked all the fluids and they were full. I pushed the foot clutch in and started the tractor and the tractor runs flawless no vibration until I let the clutch out then it thumps and shakes like a sob doesn't matter what gear or what pd position. Push the clutch in and all vibration and noise stops. The vibration is coming from behind the foot clutch and ahead of the transmission. Once towed to the yard I removed the hydraulic sump and found what appeared to be gear pieces. My question is what in the torque tube is possible to fail and where are the gear teeth likely from? Thanks
Sponsored Links

DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2023 at 7:17pm
Probably from the intermediate gear/PTO gear area. Drain the hyd oil and drop the oil sump where the suction tube/return filter connects and you'll probably find your issue.
Alex09(WI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alex09(WI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2023 at 9:02pm
The very top gear on the clutch shaft is splined to the clutch shaft and held in place with a variable width snap ring and thrust washer. The splines between the gear and shaft like to wear out over time. You can barely see that gear when the sump is removed, but that may be your problem.
www.awtractor.com
A&W TRACTOR 920-598-1287
KEEPING ALLIS-CHALMERS IN THE FIELDS THROUGH THE 21ST CENTURY
Lynn Marshall View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lynn Marshall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2023 at 8:44am
Any damage to the intermediate gears is going to require a split at the rear end. Roll the rear end away and then you have access to the gears. You will likely have to remove every gear and shaft out of the torque tube. I have replaced a few main clutch shafts from the rear on those tractors. It's kind of a big job.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic