This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Weather and arthritus,,

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Weather and arthritus,,
    Posted: 03 Aug 2023 at 6:10pm
Geesh laweesh this last couple days my knee is swelling- wont hardly bend,, this happened a few years back, and every now and then but not this bad- how is it true the weather effects arthitus- burcitus, and ackey joints ? Just turned 53 last Sunday,, this is the worsts its been - we,ve had crazy weather the last week,, always just blame it on that,, my question is - does the weather play a part in this? How?
Sponsored Links

Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2023 at 6:34pm
Don't know exactly how but my back gives me fits when the weather is turning bad. May be the atmospheric pressure changes.
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
Lars(wi) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lars(wi) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2023 at 8:25pm
For me, the warmer the weather, the less aches & pains for me.
Arthritis is basically inflammation of the joints. Lots of natural remedies, and homeopathic treatments which can reduce the inflammation, diet can also figure in. Lots of sex sure helps also.
I tried to follow the science, but it was not there. I then followed the money, and that’s where I found the science.
Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2023 at 8:31pm
I have degeneration in 4 vertebrae in my lower back and knee problems with my right knee.
Humidity is terrible on both.
I’ve also had a lot of knee swelling lately.
I can sure enough tell when it’s going to rain.
I’ve really been trying to watch what I eat the last couple weeks.
Hasn’t helped a lot but I believe it will in time.
DanWi View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DanWi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2023 at 8:36pm
Friends nephew has it so bad they moved to the Las Vegas area a few years back and it really helped him. He was in Wisconsin a couple weeks back and it was getting bad for him. He Couldn't wait to get back home.
exSW View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote exSW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2023 at 7:30am
I undergo PRP(Platelet enriched plasma)  therapy for my arthritic and meniscus damaged left knee.  Pretty much has eliminated the soreness and swelling. Also I don't limp on it aggravating my deteriating hips and degenerative disks in my lower back. After a lifetime of farming,construction,Rodeo and Railroad I'm pretty gooned up.

Edited by exSW - 04 Aug 2023 at 7:32am
Learning AC...slowly
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2023 at 7:53am
 The arthiritus in my shoulders was bad and a nurse practitioner told me to use Voltaren Gel or Diclofenac Gel 3 times a day. I done this and after 3 to 5 days it pain left up and no I only do it once a day when they are bothering me.
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2023 at 8:38am
broke my collarbone long ,long ago..... after it 'healed', I could forecast when it was going to rain within a couple hours, 2-3 days in advance (yeah friends thought I was nutz..) I could do that for years then 'magically' lost my ability.
some 'old wives tales' ARE true......
whatever you do, do NOT take ANY 'steroids'... short term releif..long term ,eats away the bones !
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2023 at 2:37pm
Have SO MANY aches and pains thought would not notice weather changes, WRONG, everything hurts FAR worse when weather is changing.
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2023 at 9:48pm
my shoulders and elbows hurt 24/7, no matter the weather. noticed my left knee acting up the other day climbing steps....that's all I need! I do have some pills called: DIGLOFENAC  SODIUM that knocks the pain down, but also makes me drowsey some. works better than TYLENOL.
thendrix View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thendrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2023 at 8:05am
Originally posted by Lars(wi) Lars(wi) wrote:

Lots of sex sure helps also.

Dad had RA and my wife worries about me having it. Do you think you could convince her of this "home remedy"? If so I'll send you her number
"Farming is a business that makes a Las Vegas craps table look like a regular paycheck" Ronald Reagan
Lars(wi) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lars(wi) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2023 at 10:29am
Originally posted by thendrix thendrix wrote:

Originally posted by Lars(wi) Lars(wi) wrote:

Lots of sex sure helps also.

Dad had RA and my wife worries about me having it. Do you think you could convince her of this "home remedy"? If so I'll send you her number

I tell my wife, we both sure feel better afterwards, so it’s gotta be helping.
I tried to follow the science, but it was not there. I then followed the money, and that’s where I found the science.
Lars(wi) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lars(wi) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2023 at 10:37am
Originally posted by shameless dude shameless dude wrote:

my shoulders and elbows hurt 24/7, no matter the weather. noticed my left knee acting up the other day climbing steps....that's all I need! I do have some pills called: DIGLOFENAC  SODIUM that knocks the pain down, but also makes me drowsey some. works better than TYLENOL.

Give ‘CuraMed’ a try. Termeric, and Curcumin are basic ingredients, 750 mg pills. I started with 2 pills in the am, 2 pills in the pm, after about a month, I’m down to 1 pill in the am, 1 pill in the pm. Toss the Tylenol with in the trash, go with aspirin, or ibuprofen.
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2023 at 1:16am
I used to buy tumeric/curcumin in drink form at the local grocery store, was around $3.99 a bottle. and yes that stuff did work! they quit carrying it now. I'll look for the CURAMED....thanks
Kardwo View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kardwo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2024 at 6:19am
Even though it's been a year since you posted about your knee swelling, I wanted to reach out and see how you're doing. Dealing with arthritis flare-ups can be challenging, especially when they're worsened by changes in the weather.
If you're still experiencing discomfort, have you tried using knee braces for added support? They can help stabilize your knee joint and alleviate some of the strain caused by swelling. You can find more information about knee braces at artikmed.com. Remember to take care of yourself and listen to your body's signals.

Edited by Kardwo - 12 Mar 2024 at 12:45pm
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2024 at 12:44pm
I wonder if 'Kardwo' is an AI?

Anyway, an update......I just got news that my grandson had achy, swelling, joints e.g. ankles, elbows, knees and just all around  soreness.
My daughter took him in to the doc and they did blood work ups.
Found out he had LYME'S......  I had completely forgotten about the effects of that disease.  So if you experience long lasting aches and pains, it's a thought.  Get a blood test and have em check for it.
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic