This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

190XT series 3 diesel timing

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote youngorange2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 190XT series 3 diesel timing
    Posted: 04 Mar 2023 at 6:28pm
I have the number 1 cylinder at just before top dead. I looked at 16-26BTDC and still couldn't find my second mark through the window. I pulled the front inspection cover off and the gear and shaft out and rotated the pump drive key 360 with a screw driver about a dozen times trying to see the mark with the light at different angels still can't find it it's too gunk/rusted up. Is there any other way to remove the rust without a total pump tear down? Is it possible to tell if I'm at point of injection on number one if I remove the line bolt and use a flashlight and visually see it and time it to that?
Sponsored Links

youngorange2000 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote youngorange2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2023 at 6:30pm
Lynn Marshall View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lynn Marshall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2023 at 7:08pm
Wow, that looks horrible inside. When was the last time it ran?
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote youngorange2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2023 at 7:30pm
Tractor ran. But not right last Monday it drove into the shop. The tractor ran like a watch after the inframe but it sounded off and became very stubborn to start sense putting the cam in in October. When I removed the timing cover the pump drive gear slid out just to the point that the gear teeth did not mesh with the intermittent gear I looked for timing marks on the gear there were non so I slid it back in where I thought it came out but it must of been off a tooth or two. The tractor now required ether after being plugged in for 3 hours and the block was hot to the touch. Before the cam broke the tractor would start with no ether down to about 20 above with no ether not plugged in and would smoke a little white/light gray for about 5 minutes until warm then no smoke at all at 30 degrees last Monday it took heat a good amount of ether in multiple bursts and it smoked a lot of dark gray that smelled like unburnt fuel it smoked worse then my 7020 ever smokes that's what lead me to timing being off
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote youngorange2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2023 at 7:33pm
I also suspect the lifter cam and rollers are shot because after sitting more then a few days I have to re prime the pump.
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2023 at 8:35pm
So, your pump drive gear is missing the spring loaded button the keep it from moving forward changing gear mesh ??
MACK View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MACK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2023 at 8:39pm
Time to remove pump and injectors for a rebuild. May have pumped crap into injectors.                                MACK
Remove #1 line bolt, while turning pump there will be a hole line with line hole. That will be point of injection for #1 cylinder.
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote youngorange2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2023 at 9:39am
The spring and nub is there the gear only slid out of mesh when the whole timing cover was removed
injpumpEd View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote injpumpEd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2023 at 1:16pm
It will never run right looking like that inside. Keep forcing it to run with that nasty fuel it will end up seizing the head and rotor, and breaking the driveshaft. It get really expensive in a hurry! A lot of pumps I rebuild here look like that, so many sitting in collections don't run enough to use up the fuel and it ends up going sour so to speak. Tank, lines and filters will also need flushed with E85, as well as getting pump, primer, and injectors properly serviced. 
210 "too hot to farm" puller, part of the "insane pumpkin posse". Owner of Guenther Heritage Diesel, specializing in fuel injection systems on heritage era tractors. stock rebuilds to all out pullers!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic