This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

190xt hydraulic pump needle bearing removal

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote youngorange2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 190xt hydraulic pump needle bearing removal
    Posted: 08 Nov 2022 at 1:48pm
Having a tuff time with removing the shells of the old bearings from the blind aluminum housing. I have tried a slide hammer puller with no luck. Thanks in advance
Sponsored Links

DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2022 at 1:54pm
Take a torch with a small tip (maybe even a brazing tip) and carefully heat one side full length and just make it red. Make like a line, not the whole damn bearing race. There is an art to this & too hot isn't good, but you need to make the bearing race momentarily red. Let it cool down to room temps. You'll be able to easily remove them.
MACK View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MACK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2022 at 8:39pm
I use a set of pullers I made with a slide hammer to remove them. Thread a plug for side hammer the size of outside of bearing. Turn it down except for a thin edge to inside bearing size. Saw it into down the middle of threads. Grind thin edge to where it will go In to bearing. Drop other 1/2 in upside down, screw slide hammer into tool and remove bearing.                          MACK
tbran View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tbran Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2022 at 11:00pm
We use a heat gun to heat the aluminum then use a small slide hammer with reverse jaws to pull the blind ones and use a new brg to press out the center ones.  Heating the brg shell red in a small section away from that thin seal retainer area was what I used to do - but Doc - I am too shaky anymore to do a straight line :-)  Whatever method one uses be careful to work away from that thin aluminum ledge that will break in a heartbeat and ruin the section. 
When told "it's not the money,it's the principle", remember, it's always the money..
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic