This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fried chicken recipies ?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fried chicken recipies ?
    Posted: 08 May 2022 at 11:21am
Chicken breast is on sale here at .99 cent , and I loaded up - frying some up and bought some pre-made flour - just thinking whats everyones favorite chicken breeding starting with flour . Or any other good premade seasoning?
Sponsored Links

thendrix View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thendrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2022 at 11:59am
Not fried but marinated in Dale's seasoning and grilled is excellent
"Farming is a business that makes a Las Vegas craps table look like a regular paycheck" Ronald Reagan
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2022 at 2:25pm
My mom and sister have a recipe they called Amish fried chicken. Haven’t had it in eons….can’t share it with you guys but thanks for reminding me! It was delicious.
dee_veloper View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dee_veloper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2022 at 2:43pm
I don't fry chicken but I do broil it in the oven.  Topped generously with my favorite barbecue sauces.
Don't confuse my personality with my attitude.
My personality is who I am. My attitude depends on who you are.
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2022 at 6:28pm
BIL cooked with the Rotary Club and they had a good recipe but more efficient for large batches, but we have scaled it down.  Season chicken halves, place in marinade that was mostly wine, over night. Put the halves on BBQ with wood fire to get lots of smoke (here its red oak). When almost done put halves in a pot with a rack in bottom add marinade and melted butter cover with good with foil and put back on the heat to steam. With all the liquid in pot you could keep the chicken for hours and never have it get dry. But marinade takes a lot more pure chicken in small batches. But it froze well after cooking. The crispy skin is all this lacked to compare to fried as for taste.    
TramwayGuy View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TramwayGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2022 at 7:19pm
Dakota Dave View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dakota Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2022 at 11:33am
I use a Katsu chicken recipe from the internet. all the recipes.com its basically fried chicken but with Panko crumbs instead of flour. Use Loweries with cracked black pepper sub for both salt and pepper.
Darwin W. Kurtz View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darwin W. Kurtz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2022 at 11:50am
Where in MO are you......at that price.....WOW    Always amazed me how some places could sell stuff like that at a real real low price vs how much it is where a person lives......never any ridiculous low sales around here
Pat the Plumber CIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pat the Plumber CIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2022 at 1:59pm
Not sure about recipes, but my grandmother only cooked fried chicken in lard .
You only need to know 3 things to be a plumber;Crap rolls down hill,Hot is on the left and Don't bite your fingernails

1964 D-17 SIV 3 Pt.WF,1964 D-15 Ser II 3pt.WF ,1960 D-17 SI NF,1956 WD 45 WF.
TomC View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2022 at 3:11pm
X1000 on the lard,, heavy flour batter,salt & pepper, in an iron skillet.
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2022 at 7:07pm
I'm not really big into chicken/poultry of any form, BUT , if you can get the "11 herbs/spices" from KFC, you would have a decent recipe Wink !! That's the only chicken I can tolerate other than a Nelsons Golden Glow Porta Pit fundraiser 1/2 "pigeon" dinnerEmbarrassed
DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2022 at 7:55pm
Gerbes in JC , had it cheap - nice big breasts !!!! JUST LIKE I LIKE EM 

Edited by DougG - 09 May 2022 at 8:05pm
mincabenj View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mincabenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2023 at 7:17am
What about Old Bay Seasoning? A a classic seafood seasoning blend that can also be used for Korean fried chicken. It contains celery salt, black pepper, red pepper, and paprika, among other spices. Mix it with flour and use it to coat your chicken for a flavorful kick.

Edited by mincabenj - 05 May 2023 at 6:28am
dr p View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr p Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2023 at 2:58pm
manischewitz matzo meal with a little pepper and fried in lard.
captaindana View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote captaindana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2023 at 8:49pm
Jeez I need Dales seasoning recipe!
Blue Skies and Tail Winds
                          Dana
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2023 at 1:45am
we don't fry chicky anymore, do smoke it alot tho. wrap them breasts in bacon, put on the top shelf of the smoker and set on high. takes about 1-1/2 hour when the chicky is in a frozen state. we also take and wrap bacon on them tenders and grill them. you can watch how long it takes while grilling them, don't worry about flare-ups, that just helps them cook in shorter time! when cooked together with the bacon, if there's anything left, it still is tender and tasty the next day too! 
Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2023 at 8:09pm
We don’t fry chicken often. Every gas station in North West Arkansas sells very good fried chicken.
HudCo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HudCo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2023 at 8:55pm
shamleless  would you smoke me up some if i came calling .its making my mouth water right now,   i would have to have a to go  basket also
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2023 at 7:21am
We’ve got an “Amish fried chicken” recipe in the family. It used to be our traditional New Year’s Eve dinner but we haven’t made it in years. I miss it. Thought about asking for it for my birthday dinner, but then that whole thing unraveled. Maybe some day.
Lars(wi) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lars(wi) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2023 at 7:48am
Wife as a couple recipe boxes of ‘Great American Recipes’ , in the poultry section there is one that uses dehydrated potato flakes as the coating on the chicken. The recipe makes a lot, that’s why it’s been years since her and I have had it. But it is delicious.
I tried to follow the science, but it was not there. I then followed the money, and that’s where I found the science.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2023 at 1:26am
of course I would Mike!
darrel in ND View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2023 at 9:08am
Originally posted by shameless dude shameless dude wrote:

of course I would Mike!

I might come visit you for that too! You caught my attention when you said "bacon!"
Darrel
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2023 at 12:02pm
Darrel....I member the last time I offered you sum eats....
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2023 at 5:26pm
Shameless if I were to come visitin, reckon we might take us a peek at them Jeeps?
darrel in ND View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2023 at 9:22am
Originally posted by shameless dude shameless dude wrote:

Darrel....I member the last time I offered you sum eats....

I remember that too, but I learned my lesson. Damn blizzard beat me home !
Darrel
HudCo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HudCo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2023 at 9:42pm
i am going to try that bacon wrapped chicken on my little grill the chances of me getting fifty miles from home is slim ,let alone getting out your way,  but i will one of these days   i like watching that steve richlin project smoke on tv smoke all kind of things
Shamshoo View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamshoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2024 at 7:18am
Scored some cheap chicken breasts too, nice! For the perfect crispy coating, I swear by a mix of flour, salt, and a dash of paprika. As for premade seasonings, I'm all about experimenting with different blends. By the way, ever tried pairing your fried chicken with pico de Gallo? I know how to make pico de gallo!! It's a game-changer!

Edited by Shamshoo - 20 Mar 2024 at 3:28am
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2024 at 7:26am
Hate to say, Local grocer.  Can process, Clean, Prep and Fry for FAR less than we can do here, and the Mess Stays THERE.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2024 at 7:42am
Originally posted by Pat the Plumber CIL Pat the Plumber CIL wrote:

Not sure about recipes, but my grandmother only cooked fried chicken in lard .

Exactly
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic