This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Joe I probably shouldn’t have

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Joe I probably shouldn’t have
    Posted: 15 Sep 2019 at 1:11am
good job!
Sponsored Links

Michael V (NM) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michael V (NM) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2019 at 7:38pm
Way to go Thad!!
Stan IL&TN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stan IL&TN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2019 at 7:26pm
Well it's a wonder any of us survived some of the stuff we did as teenagers. Those who didn't survive should have done a better job of hiding it from their parents.😆
1957 WD45 dad's first AC

1968 one-seventy

1956 F40 Ferguson
Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2019 at 6:24pm
Your Dad may have had a hard time keeping a straight face and not busting out laughing while he was chewing your butt.  LOL I would have done the same thing if the opportunity had arisen. Evil Smile
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2019 at 9:36am

LOLClap
Oh yes,,,all's fair in love and war,,,,,I had a few of those when our city relatives would come out to visit and them snotty cousins was always tryin to make us look bad so,,,,,the more the merrior,,,,!  you wAs one up on your half- brother and that made him realize who might have the upper hand without actually touchin his face,,,,,LOL
 BUT,,,,,I'm bettin your Daddy was proud of you all the same,,,LOLLOL
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2019 at 8:34am
I can hear my dad now, "It's all fun and games till someone gets hurt!!!", but I would have done it to. LOL
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
LouSWPA View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouSWPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2019 at 8:19am
all's fair in love and war......well, almost, anyway
I am still confident of this;
I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. Ps 27
Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2019 at 6:29am
When I was young I grew up on a cattle ranch with a lot of cow/calves a small feedlot and a lot of horses. I grew up riding horses in a family of rodeo cowboys.
My dad married a city girl from Minnesota. She had a son a year older than I. He and I never got along. One Saturday he asked me to saddle up a couple horses cause his girlfriend was coming over for the day. She was in my class and also grew up on a ranch and could handle a horse.
I saddled her a well broke mare and caught a two year old I had halter broke but yet to put a saddle on for the boy.
She arrived and I got her on the broke mare and told the boy don’t jack around getting on the gray mare.
I said once you’re on she’ll settle down but she tries to take off while you’re getting on. I ran a lead rope through the cinch strap and pulled her head around and he give it a try.
We made a few circles and he finally got in the saddle.
I pulled that lead rope off and let her go. It was a fine show if I must say so my self. He made about 3 jumps and she piled him in the corner.
I was rolling on the ground laughing.
That girl was mad at me and I got in some trouble with dad but it was worth it.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic