This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

yesterday...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: yesterday...
    Posted: 23 Jul 2019 at 1:20am
 Dang,,JC,,sure am glad you and Ms. Cheryl are OK after all that meanness,,,,,If it's one thing I hate is them dang tornados even tho we hardly ever get one around here. Thas the one thing I used to not like in goin visitin the inlaws up in Nort Dakota ,,,you had to drive,,WAYYyyyyy out the way to avoid em and even then we been mighty close to several and even had one almost total a brand new car in Garden City Kansas,,,,whew,,,,I hate em,,,!!!! You just be careful,,,,,,!!
Sponsored Links

JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2019 at 12:35am
Talked to my sister tonight, Their generator is still hummin and their power company doesn't know when the power will be back on to them.  Their phone company set up a portable generator at the fiber optic junction box to run the fans and power the system, so today they had phone service again, funny thing is, they still have the copper wire to their house yet. Must have been pretty bad to stop the phone systems with all the under ground wiring.

Raked some hay today that has been cut over a week ago...and been rained on at least 4 times...  ground now is soggy wet, and limbs out of trees out in the field and a big oak came down and a bunch of popples and a maple. had to rake around them on the outside swaths... need to cut that stuff up and get it out of the way... Oh well, sure glad it wasn't like some areas.
He who says there is no evil has already deceived himself
The truth is the truth, sugar coated or not. Trawler II says, "Remember that."
JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2019 at 11:41pm
Glad you made it home OK, Sounds like quite an adventure.
A friend of mine, Patty Edeburg, posted some pictures from the Portage County Fair in Amherst, did some minor damage but a lot of trees broken and power out to farms.  They had to borrow a generator so the cows could be milked at the fair and again at their farm.  Guess things have calmed down, she hasn't posted any more pictures.
"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer"
Allis Express participant
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2019 at 10:25pm
thank the Lord ya'll is o-k!
JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2019 at 12:00pm
According to what I read, there were about half million Michiganites that were out of power too from that storm.
 National weather service confirms 9 tornadoes in less than 24 hours in WI.

Kinda funny, one place they said there were still 140,000 without power Saturday afternoon, while another said 30,000 and another page said 110,000 had power restored by Friday night... This was for WI.  Guess the reports don't know the actual numbers.

CTuckerNWIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2019 at 11:06am
My brother( a ways South of Barron,Wi) posted picture of his trees in the hollow west of his house. All tangled up and twisted. He had a pic first of his little generator and a coffee pot on the front porch. It sounds like there was a lot of damage all over the state.
http://www.ae-ta.com
Lena 1935 WC12xxx, Willie 1951 CA6xx Dad bought new, 1954WD45 PS, 1960 D17 NF
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2019 at 10:31am
I had a tornado go by close at the farm Saturday, maybe 5 miles as the crow flies.  LOTS of rain (again) and lost power for about 8 hours.  Had the genny that I bought last fall, but never checked out, and it fired up nice.  At least I didn't have to worry about the stuff in the fridge.
Went to leave to go home and there were trees down all over.  Had to turn around a few times to get back and take a different county trunk.  My normal drive is 45 mins.  This trip took me a little over an hour and a half.
The driveway at the farm is non existent now, but things are good.  I'll have to check out back when I go back up on Tuesday to see if there are any trees down.
We had two county fairs going on at the time and one went on as usual, but the other was shut down.  Could have been a lot worse.
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2019 at 11:00am
Some wind , some heavy rain , yesterday but got to sit outside a few times and have a cup of coffee. Keep thinkingn i should do something - then the coffee cup calls out it needs to be warmed up. 
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2019 at 9:14am
Talked to my sister in Barron county, they had to start a generator to keep their fridge and freezers cold... and it was going to be a couple days for them... Wisconsin power lost a main transmission line, it went down and that will take a while to get back up... One thing about having all electrical grids tied together, it seems it knocks out whole areas instead of just certain smaller areas
Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2019 at 9:01pm
JC, glad you are safe and didn't sustain any worse damage other that a few trees. Checking around at the farm today and found a big oak and a couple of big elms blown down on the back side of the place. Guess I will be cutting fire wood when the weather cools off.
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2019 at 7:55pm
 Dang,,JC,,it a wonder you guys even get to plant any crops let alone tend to em while they is growin then tryin to harvest with all thet weather goin on,,,,UMmmm,,,we could stand some of thet rain down here,,tho,,,Clap them rocks and Goat heads is sure needin a drink,,,,, and,,,and,,,ole Joe ain't gonna give em some,,,,,either,,,,Wink
JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2019 at 3:34pm
Yesterday Cheryl says to ol' me, " Let's go to menards, I want to go" ... Okay, it has rained a bunch and the hay is wet and the parts for that lousy JD discbine aren't here yet, and the day is screwy, I said, 'OK'.
 She comes out and says Burnett County Alert system just called and said severe storms headed this way... Chit, again? We just had one of them not long ago. Oh well we get on the road and I looks back and there is a dam black bank of clouds behind us. Yup, don't look good. Get out of truck an maynards and sweat just rolls off you.  Walk in an nice inside....We look around and pick up what she wanted.... and I walk by their price reduced bin... Ole Desert Joe might be proud of me, I spies 7 sheets of Weathered Cedar paneling... $32.00 full price for 6 bucks a sheet... just a couple inches at the one end had damage. Just who has 8 foot walls anymore? Not the room I am thinking it needs to go in.
Well, next we hear rain on the roof, then look out and sun shine turned to night and lights came on outdoors.... and watched stuff in menards yard get blown around some... We check out and load stuff under one edge of roof and were not to bad at staying dry and wrap the panel up.  and now  it isn't raining hard anymore ... get out and head for home... police cars and ambulances whiz by, and we take secondary roads home. Seen trees with limbs busted off and laying right at their base, trees across the road, water over the road and got to one tree and had to bust limbs off to get through... another tree we stop and start busting limbs off and a fellow behind me comes and helps bust the bigger limbs and he takes off and drives under a tree little farther ahead and I start leaving an... dang tree starts coming down...shoulda stepped hard on the gas and get through, but...I didn't know how fast it would drop in its final fall. Shoulda grabbed the camera and took video. Geezzz, 2 vehicles behind me and can't get through... Limbs are bigger so I grab the chain and start breaking limbs off with the truck... Fellow shows up with his chainsaw from the other side and starts cutting so we help him... He said he had trees in his yard that were bending over at 90 degrees but did not bust, he was lucky. Now 5 cars behind us and not one of them came to help clear... Finally got the road open and we start leaving and here comes first fellow with his tractor and backhoe to help clear the road. 
 Seen debris and trees broke off or down and fields flattened and reminded me of the time we had a rolling wind that rolled on the ground and rain came 30' into the barn and it flattened trees too.  
 We get home and drive in and see our Catalpa tree is no longer standing tall, but it had gotten catapulted to the ground. Broke it off at the crotch 12' up where it spread out. Thats the last of the nice flowers it would have... but no more of them long bean seed pods... always wondered if they were good for anything. Last week I was thinking it was so nice to have shade again that we lost when taking down a Box Elder tree about 30 years ago. Confused Well that didn't last long after that thought.LOL  Nothing else seemed too damaged, had lots of Cotton wood limbs scattered around.. Had an empty 55 gallon barrel under the eves and it was full to the top. 
 Later we listened to the news and other areas got hit a lot harder than we did. 
 Then woke up this morning to more heavy rains and thunder and lightning... and it finally stopped. Wonder if it is for a few moments or a few days. Stern Smile   LOL just some news from this neck of the woods.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic