This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hail storm.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave in PA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hail storm.
    Posted: 01 Jun 2019 at 6:15am
Something different. I went to a job yesterday with a house that was in a hail storm the other day.  I have never seen anything like it.  This is a larger home, about 3000 sq.ft. and every piece of siding on the front was broke, splintered, or messed up!  The windows had marks in the frames as well.  The cost of repairs is going to be high, but better than some that lost everything with this crazy weather we all have been having.
Sponsored Links

thendrix View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thendrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2019 at 6:41am
Crazy weather is right. A bunch of you guys are getting flooded and we're knocking pretty hard on 20 days with no rain. We should be having afternoon thunderstorms almost daily

Edited by thendrix - 01 Jun 2019 at 6:42am
"Farming is a business that makes a Las Vegas craps table look like a regular paycheck" Ronald Reagan
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2019 at 2:30pm
Tyler we've been getting your thunderstorms here in Ohio
JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2019 at 1:20am
Quick Tyler, cut some hay!
"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer"
Allis Express participant
thendrix View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thendrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2019 at 8:40am
Took care of that last week John. 240 squares up until next time. Sold 50 out of the field to a neighbor. He was happy to get them and I was happy to not have to handle them.
"Farming is a business that makes a Las Vegas craps table look like a regular paycheck" Ronald Reagan
thendrix View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thendrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2019 at 4:18pm
Well y'all started it. Thunderstorm just finished. Got about 1/2 inch. Damn baler still sitting in the field with a bale in the chamber . Guess that's what I get for putting off getting it in the dry

Edited by thendrix - 02 Jun 2019 at 4:18pm
Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2019 at 8:39pm
Dave, was that aluminum or vinyl siding? Neither will hold up to a hail storm.
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2019 at 8:40pm
Tyler, come down this way and cut some hay, we haven't had any rain yet.
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2019 at 9:57pm
 Well,,I KNOW this can't compare to what some of youse guys get all the time,,,,but BOY did we just get us a gully washer and,,,and,,a turd floater for good measure,,,,!!!!!Wink
 We've been under a Severe Thunderstorm Warning for the last 3 hours and it finally got here and dumped bout 1.3" of much needed rain and my front and back yards are completely under water. The road in front of our house is still running bout 3" deep and pretty dang swift,,,,I been living here for 34 years and NEVER seen water run in the street full like this. This and we gots quarter sized hail. What was weird as heck,is the storm was travelin from west to east,,but the hail was coming straight outa the north,,yes North. The hail broke two of  my neighbor's north facing windows,,,and while he was trying to put a piece of plywood on windows,,there was a yellow jacket nest under the eaves and stung him twice,,,,, He said it flooded his kitchen it was raining and hailing so hard,,,, I told him how to get them yellow jackets with just a quart of gasoline,,,,,yep,,, 
JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2019 at 10:45pm
Joe, after the fire department got your neighbor's house fire under control, were the yellow jackets still there?

Dave in PA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave in PA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2019 at 4:14am
vinyl
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2019 at 8:17am
Originally posted by JohnCO JohnCO wrote:

Joe, after the fire department got your neighbor's house fire under control, were the yellow jackets still there?

John,,,,?????,,,,UMmmmm,,,,???

UMMmmmm,,,,Dave,,,,????
 Sorry,,guys I ain't recollectin too good this mornin,,,must of been all thet rain we got,,,Wink
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2019 at 8:26am
 Chit,,,I just seen where NWS is forecastin more of the same for next three days ,,,with a 60% chance of rain,,,,around here if higher that 30%,,,it already rainin,,,,,I can just hear them dang rocks  slurpin at the thought of more rain,,,,Wink
  Lookin like I be doin more re-arrangin of the garage,,,I did get one little corner all redone, cleaned up and painted the dark azzed wall so's I could put my new to me drill press,,,,I managed to "find" a couple of jobs that needed the new drill press and I'm Likin it,,,!!!! Maybe,,,,I can come up with some more little jobs for it today,,,,LOLLOL
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2019 at 8:28am
Keep a eye out for the Rubber Duck if it comes to rescue it's little cousin. Wink

Now the dang Rocks and Goat Heads are gonna get outta control on ya. Wink
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
thendrix View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thendrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2019 at 10:35am
Originally posted by Hubert (Ga)engine7 Hubert (Ga)engine7 wrote:

Tyler, come down this way and cut some hay, we haven't had any rain yet.

Looks like somebody cut some. Anoint to my phone we're suppose to get rain starting in a little while until and staying until next Tuesday
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2019 at 2:59pm
Tyler please keep it down your way, we had 2 nice days then .3" of rain this morning real hard and fast and supposed to be more coming this evening with wind then 4 days without before it starts again Monday. Think maybe I should plant rice instead of sweet corn. I really feel sorry for the farmers cause the field are soggy around here. Cleveland weather said it rained 21 out of 31 days in May

Edited by tadams(OH) - 05 Jun 2019 at 3:00pm
thendrix View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thendrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2019 at 3:43pm
The bad part is in a few months we'll be begging and praying for rain
JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2019 at 9:38pm
I talked to my cousin in Hinckley this afternoon, he got 1.5" last night, was at the 400 acre mark, a little over half way, hoped to be at 450 today, didn't happen.
I've had at least a trace of rain every day for the last couple weeks, raining right now, 2/10 so far.  Haven't cut any hay yet but neighbors have because the weevils (computer auto corrected WEASELS, lol) were bad.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic