This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

memorial weekend

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: memorial weekend
    Posted: 28 May 2019 at 5:15am
We got home late last night.. we had several detours on the east end of KS trying to get home due to flooding.
Sponsored Links

HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2019 at 9:41pm
Packed up to head home tomorrow AM. Supposed to poor down rain all day tomorrow. I'm getting too old to pack up wet stuff and then unpack it the first dry day to dry it out. Yes the seenery was great this afternoon. Grandson said he only drowned 3 worms today. Caught some bass and a yellow bass or two. That super large muskie eluded him. Oh well will most definatly be back on Aug 31st. Maybe it won't rain so much before hand.
trace View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2019 at 1:44pm
home on a beautiful 71 degree day, mowin and trimin the yard. top of iowa sirloin, bake taters, deviled eggs and salad for supper. blue moon and open gate vodka made right here in spencer iowa for appetizers. so good to be a home in the country.
1955 WD-45 WIDE FRONT W/ TRIP
LOADER
Dakota Dave View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dakota Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2019 at 12:43pm
I go to the local cemetary posting the colors daughter plays in the band and the honor guard leaves. My father and grand father are in military cemetery's 5 1/2 hours away so I go to the local one.
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2019 at 5:34am
    Seenery might be better tomorrow. Gots the fingers crossed

Well, Tom,,I'm feelin for you,,,,knowin how you likes to "observe" them finer things in life and,,,,and,,,you sound like you ain't gettin too many opportunities today,,,but,,,"Let Not Your Heart Be Troubled"    tamarrow is yet another day,,and you keep thet camera I sent you,,,keep it close, now,,,,,,,,Clap
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2019 at 12:47am
don't poke yer eyes out!
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2019 at 8:49pm
Having a good time here. A constant flow of traffic into and out of this place. They gots good icecream in the little ol cook shack. Really pleased with the guy running the place. It's really clean. Gots a good spot. Grandson is over to the state park fishing. I wish I felt like going with him. He had a 2.5 hour nap this afternoon while I worked. It started to warm up about 4:00 and then cooled off about 5:00. Supposed to be warmer tomorrow. Seenery might be better tomorrow. Gots the fingers crossed
darrel in ND View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2019 at 6:28am
Originally posted by desertjoe desertjoe wrote:

I SEEN HIM,,,Darrel,!!  I seen the dude that was leavin ole Shameless's driveway after all the par'layin on thet maching,,,,but,,,,but,,,the dude's trk had NORT DAKOTA license plates,,,,,,,,,and,,,,and,,,it was a bright red FORD,,too,,,!!!!!WinkWink

A bright red Ford from North Dakota...…? My son has one of them, but I guarantee he wasn't out to purchase that machine. Maybe blow it up; but not purchase it. Darrel
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2019 at 3:07am
 I SEEN HIM,,,Darrel,!!  I seen the dude that was leavin ole Shameless's driveway after all the par'layin on thet maching,,,,but,,,,but,,,the dude's trk had NORT DAKOTA license plates,,,,,,,,,and,,,,and,,,it was a bright red FORD,,too,,,!!!!!WinkWink
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2019 at 3:02am
I did puts it away Darrel...then this one dude shows up and asked how it worked, thought he might like to buy it! so I showed him a little bit, guess it worked really well again huh?
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2019 at 6:50am
Originally posted by shameless dude shameless dude wrote:

we stay away from the campgrounds on holidays, let the amatures have them. screaming kids, barking dogs, dogs running loose, dirty diapers laying everywhere, empty beer cans and bottles left on the boat docks, kids driving in to see parents and friends driving anything that don't have a muffler on it, at night they turn little kids loose with flashlights to shine in everyones campers...the list goes on and on! PffffT!

That sounds a lot like things that you would do, Shameless!
And I heard that you un-leashed the wrath of your machine on the black hills of SD recently. Sounds like they got dumped on. Isn't it just about time to service that thing out and put it away for about 10 years...…? Darrel
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2019 at 12:59am
we stay away from the campgrounds on holidays, let the amatures have them. screaming kids, barking dogs, dogs running loose, dirty diapers laying everywhere, empty beer cans and bottles left on the boat docks, kids driving in to see parents and friends driving anything that don't have a muffler on it, at night they turn little kids loose with flashlights to shine in everyones campers...the list goes on and on! PffffT!
ac fleet View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac fleet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2019 at 8:52am
Never get to go anywhere here. ---just stay home and struggle with work.
http://machinebuildersnetwork.com/
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2019 at 1:09pm
I have BEST OF THE WEST tractor show ,good time but 30 miles from my yard 15 on the 4 laneConfusedwith them kind. Provide the runny nose crude I been fighting since Sat morning lets up.
trace View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2019 at 8:12am
bout 20 miles north of me. tourist trap. stay away memorial day to labor day. traffic and people a mess.

Edited by trace - 21 May 2019 at 8:13am
LOADER
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2019 at 7:41am
Originally posted by darrel in ND darrel in ND wrote:

Tom..where is the lakes at? and i'm with Trace on this one! I gots us sum really nice prime rib to smoke up!

Don't tell ole Joe how much you paid for that prime rib. Might give him high blood pressure! Lol!Darrel

Thanks Darrel,,,(I think),,,,,,,that right there reminds me ,,I gots to go check if they got some day old chicken on sale again,,,,,,WinkWink
trace View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2019 at 7:07am
iowa greatlakes just north of me tom. will be a madhouse this weekend. they do have a great flea market and not far to the lake. hopefully the fishin will be good for you.
LOADER
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2019 at 6:51am
Need to get my soybeans planted before the weekend, because our main road is a tourist trunk line.  Should be able to work only on the home quarter this weekend, any luck at all besides bad.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2019 at 5:50am

Tom..where is the lakes at? and i'm with Trace on this one! I gots us sum really nice prime rib to smoke up!

Don't tell ole Joe how much you paid for that prime rib. Might give him high blood pressure! Lol!Darrel
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2019 at 12:12am
Dave H View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2019 at 8:46pm
I am with you Trace, am staying home on the ole 5 acre ranch.  Wink
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2019 at 6:29pm
We are leaving for Iowa's Great Lakes on Friday AM. Will set up at a market there. Never been to this market before. Will do some fishing and hopefully some selling. Guy says we will be 6 blocks from the lake. Hoping for great weather. Might talk the old gal into leaving on Thursday.
Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2019 at 4:39pm
Leaving for Colorado Thursday morning. Got a graduation Friday morning. Saturday we spend the day at my dads farm Sunday with my brother Monday we go to the Arapaho’s Co. cemetery as we both have family there then on to Sharon Springs Ks to the cemetery as both her grand parents and mine are buried there and my best bud from High school is buried there. We have to make it home Monday night.
I haven’t seen my dad in 8 or 9 years.
Brian F(IL) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian F(IL) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2019 at 4:03pm
I traveled on the Fourth of July holiday weekend once.  Never, ever, ever again.  A 13.5 hour trip took almost 17 hours.
Dave in PA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave in PA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2019 at 3:48pm
Going to my camp up north from us here.  Leave Sat. morning, and take the back way, less traffic, but still 2 lanes at about 55 mph. Have a little of 4 lanes, but better than the Interstate!
trace View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2019 at 3:32pm
how many of you dare to travel over memorial weekend? we never do, stay home and let the crazy ones fight the traffic and the crowds.
LOADER
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic