This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New toy: AC 7045 (really)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Sugarmaker View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New toy: AC 7045 (really)
    Posted: 08 Sep 2018 at 8:05pm
Folks ,
I wasn't sure where to post this? I guess I did not see a section on toys? If the thread needs moved please do!
Our daughters boyfriend, Ryan brought this from NWOH the other day, because he knows I like Orange tractors!
 Its a 7045 in pretty good shape. Might be good for the great grandsons after some work?:)

I know nothing about these pedal tractors, other than they are pretty cute ,and I would have road the heck out of one when I was a kid. Anyone with suggestions please jump in.
The chain is partially rusted (blaster on that) and the seat is broken. Tires look good. (They are on backwards?)

Should these units be restored or left alone as found? I have done zero research on these tractors at this point. What year/s would this have been made in?

Regards,
 Chris

Edited by Sugarmaker - 08 Sep 2018 at 8:06pm
D17 1958 (NFE), WD45 1954 (NFE), WD 1952 (NFE), WD 1950 (WFE), Allis F-40 forklift, Allis CA, Allis D14, Ford Jubilee, Many IH Cub Cadets, 32 Ford Dump, 65 Comet.
Sponsored Links

bradley6874 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bradley6874 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2018 at 11:56am
Hi what's worth more to you a beat up old pedal tractor on a shelf or a picture of you and the family playing with a allis fifty years from now that picture may be all they have ps when he brings you a real tractor he definitely a keeper

Edited by bradley6874 - 09 Sep 2018 at 11:58am
You can wash the dirt off the body but you can’t wash the farmer out of the heart and soul
hillmonkey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hillmonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2018 at 12:06pm
Nice one , fix the chain as needed and leave it as is. looks great.
garden_guy View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garden_guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2018 at 12:10pm
I had a JD one as a kid. Loved pedal tractors. Best toys ever made! This one is neat.
exSW View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote exSW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2018 at 6:18pm
Don't look up it's value. Just fix as needed and turn 'em loose.
REEDE View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote REEDE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2018 at 6:58pm
Like another member said let the kids enjoy it. Remember you were young once also . 
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2018 at 7:08pm
Thanks for the comments folks! I will show it to the great grandson soon. I need a new seat. 
Regards,
 Chris
D17 1958 (NFE), WD45 1954 (NFE), WD 1952 (NFE), WD 1950 (WFE), Allis F-40 forklift, Allis CA, Allis D14, Ford Jubilee, Many IH Cub Cadets, 32 Ford Dump, 65 Comet.
KerryM View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KerryM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2018 at 7:21pm
You COULD restore it to new, and feel like you could never let your grandkids touch it. I came across a new pedal tractor when my kids were little, I wouldn't let them do anything more than sit on it. They have never let me forget it. So get it functional, and let them enjoy it! Parts are available if needed down the road.
1950 C, 1952 CA, 1961 D17 (Dads last tractor)

1944 Farmall B, 1947 Farmall B, Bobcat 610
Josh H View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Josh H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2018 at 8:01pm
oh come on guys! It a piece of steel with 4 wheels and a chain! It's literally a weekend project to restore it! You can paint that with rattle cans! paint it and let the kids use it. when they're finished and older repaint it. y'all act like if its restored there would be tons of time and money invested I restored a battery john deere gator for a friends kid i found in the dumpster, I had $200 in it by the time I painted and repaired it and it wasn't even my kid or family. Looked brand new and I still gave it to her, but it scared her when she hit the pedal!, so it stays in the garage until her brother gets older.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2018 at 8:38pm
Well they way I work it might take longer than a weekend! But its on the list of things to do. Yes I will probably do a refufb, clean and paint. and then let Rhett play with it. At three he already has a dirt bike with training wheels. But he might like this and have some fun with it too.
Just ordered the seat and decals for it. 
 Regards,
 Chris 
SteveM C/IL View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SteveM C/IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2018 at 9:24pm
I was gifted a Case IH pedal tractor. Fixed the chain and rattle canned it into a 8070.Grandkids don't know the difference. Shape is a little different but good enough.
Mikez View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Mikez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2018 at 9:43pm
That's a great thing he did for you.
We have one upstairs in barn like that. Dads had it for longer then I've been around lol.
While we're talking pedal tractors we have a case ih mx here for the nephews and they run that thing so hard the front wheels fell off lol wore that little bushing right out, so the neighbor just happen to have a jd that got run over, dad grabbed it the boys fixed it then they come in saying the chain came off, well they had them little crank bushings wore out to. So we had to take them from the jd pedal tractor too.

Edited by Mikez - 09 Sep 2018 at 9:44pm
GreenOrange View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote GreenOrange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2018 at 9:45pm
My 3 kids ride a restored 7045 just like this one. They love it, and the fit is better than the newer ones as the kids grow. I say do what you prefer. Nothing wrong with making it usable in this condition, or making it look shiny new. Ours has a few marks and wear on it now, but I (or they) can always re-restore it for a future generation.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2019 at 4:08pm
Folks,
 This tractor has been in various states of disassembly for months. Other things just seemed to get in the way. The great grandsons came over today and Rhett helped me work on the rest of the job to split the 7045. Of course he wanted to paint and ride it today. Well my plan is to do one of my normal refurb clean and paint. The body will be sand blasted, primed and painted.  Now I wished I would have saved some of that Persian Orange that looked like #2! Here are some pictures.

He was eyeing up that 45 engine for the 7045

I was pleased he got right into the tools and put most of the nuts back on the screws.
Regards,
Chris

Edited by Sugarmaker - 10 May 2019 at 4:09pm
Dave(inMA) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave(inMA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2019 at 4:33pm
I'd say that the apple doesn't fall far from the tree, Chris! Those are great pictures of your grandson; glad to hear that he's developing restoration skills - good for him. Clap
WC, CA, D14, WD45
Leon B MO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leon B MO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2019 at 10:02pm
Good thread...keep the young ones involved...any way you can. I wore out several tires on my nf 190, non posi-trac pedal tractor as an 8 year old. Dad would switch rear tires when one went bald. ( Wish I had it back) Your young-uns can't  hurt it...let em ride it until the tires, or tire is bald...
Leon B MO 
Uncle always said "Fill the back of the shovel and the front will take care of itself".
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2019 at 7:40am
Thanks guys, 
Rhett is excited about it. I need to have it ready for him to take to some shows this year with his dad and their family WD.
Regards,
 Chris
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2019 at 8:56pm
Fellows a pal of mine bought a new 7060. The dealer gave him a toy 7040. His kid was in 1st grade. Every time dad came home with the big tractor, there was JR sitting in the ditch by the drive way, "stuck". He had a rope tied around the front end expecting dad to pull him out of the ditch. Be careful what you do. Terry said it got awfully tiring pulling out the kid. Now that son has sons. They grow up quick. Have fun with them.
Unit3 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unit3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2019 at 10:01pm
I kind of think you all missed the message here. This post has very little to do with AC tractors. Oh no. No this post, dare I say, has more to do with a young man wanting to get in good with his maybe, his, future father in law?.?.?. Sugarmaker, you might be painting it up for maybe a futures grandchild in a few years. I'm not sayen', I'm just, sayen', maybe. 

Five stars, Ryan. Five stars.

Edited by Unit3 - 11 May 2019 at 10:03pm
2-8070FWA PS/8050PS/7080/7045PS/200/D15-II/2-WD45/WD/3-WC/UC/C
Harvey/pa View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harvey/pa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2019 at 12:36am
Chris, My oldest daughter got a brand new one like that in the late 70's, she was 2 or 3. It went thru both girls  and then 3 grandsons & the grand daughter  Then the oldest daughter reclaimed it, repainted it and gave it to her 7 year old son, my last grandson. He loves it and says he will "share" it with my great-grand daughter (due here in June) because he will be her Uncle! Ain't Grand kids great?...Harvey
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2019 at 7:42am
Folks,
 The plan is to drop it at the sandblasters Monday, and pick up the PO#2 paint. 

Maybe we need some pictures of some full size 7045's for me to get in the mood!

Unit3,
 Strange things can happen in relationships! Thanks for the warnings!:)

Regards,
 Chris
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2019 at 8:31pm
Folks,
The 7045 kids pedal tractor is in the mix of things being worked on.
Picked up the paint, and dropped off the aluminum halves of the tractor for blasting. Less aggressive bead blasting process will be used. Should have those back by the end of the week. I am going to clean and sand blast some of the smaller items. May fire up the E-tank for some cleaning too?
Regards,
 Chris
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2019 at 9:56am
Small Allis folks and everyone,
The blaster did a excellent job on the split 7045! And cost effective at $25.
They are still without primer. (The WD45 got in the way yesterday) Hope to prime it in next day or so. 

Just ordered parts from Dakotatoytractors. Shelley was very helpful via email and taking my order on the phone. Nice to have good customer service! I would recommend them if your going to re-do one of these. New chain, bolt kit, front and rear hub caps. including shipping $22! 
I think doing these could be just as much fun as the big boys!

Regards,
 Chris

Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2019 at 9:59am
Originally posted by GreenOrange GreenOrange wrote:

My 3 kids ride a restored 7045 just like this one. They love it, and the fit is better than the newer ones as the kids grow. I say do what you prefer. Nothing wrong with making it usable in this condition, or making it look shiny new. Ours has a few marks and wear on it now, but I (or they) can always re-restore it for a future generation.

GreenOrange,
 We need pictures! Same with Mikez and SteveM, and Harvey too!

Regards,
 Chris

Edited by Sugarmaker - 17 May 2019 at 10:01am
Stan IL&TN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stan IL&TN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2019 at 6:14pm
Looking good Chris. Can't wait to see it finished.πŸ‘πŸ‘
1957 WD45 dad's first AC

1968 one-seventy

1956 F40 Ferguson
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic