This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Really needing some HELP.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acplowboy45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Really needing some HELP.
    Posted: 19 May 2018 at 2:19pm
Ok now I have rebuilt my pump on a 200. Just bought new oil cooler, took off pump cause one's suggested that my releif valve could be stuck or had stuff from before...now I just started it pump got hot quick before I even pulled it out of her barn. Drove it maybe 50ft and just blew a hole in my new oil cooler. Sounds like to me that pump building up to much pressure or there a blockage somewhere. Guys I need help.
Sponsored Links

DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2018 at 3:27pm
Oil flows from the hydraulic pump thru your (leaking) hydraulic oil cooler then back to the steering orbitrol and then onward(maybe) to the PTO valve and then to the Power Director valve.  The Power Director valve puts 350 psi of back pressure in that whole circuit whenever the engine is running. The power steering circuit is protected at 1600 PSI (at the pump) and that's the max pressure the hydraulic cooler should ever see. You've got blockage somewhere or lines crossed. Take the oil cooler out of the circuit with a jumper hose for now until you get things figured out.
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2018 at 3:30pm
In your original post days ago, you lost all hydraulics. Was the oil cooler blown out then???????????????? or did it start leaking AFTER you went thru the hydraulic pump???
acplowboy45 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acplowboy45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2018 at 3:46pm
The oil cooler blew after we fixed the pump. This tractor before me had a loader on it could someone have switched something to make the loader work
Joe(TX) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe(TX) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2018 at 3:46pm
I would double check to see if the flow divider is assembled correctly. It sounds like it's trying to force the full pump flow through the steering and the relief is not working.
1970 190XT, 1973 200, 1962 D-19 Diesel, 1979 7010, 1957 WD45, 1950 WD, 1961 D17, Speed Patrol, D14, All crop 66 big bin, 180 diesel, 1970 170 diesel, FP80 forklift. Gleaner A
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acplowboy45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2018 at 3:53pm
How shimes are suppose to be on the releif valve....and it the correct way for the spool. Cap, spring and the spool.
Joe(TX) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe(TX) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2018 at 4:13pm
Look at the parts book at  www.agcopartsbook.com It may help
You really need the service manual on the spool orientation.
1970 190XT, 1973 200, 1962 D-19 Diesel, 1979 7010, 1957 WD45, 1950 WD, 1961 D17, Speed Patrol, D14, All crop 66 big bin, 180 diesel, 1970 170 diesel, FP80 forklift. Gleaner A
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acplowboy45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2018 at 4:42pm
Ok we put a pressure gauge on the pump 1500 psi at an idle and gave it throttle and it jump up over 2000psi. What and where do I go from here.
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acplowboy45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2018 at 4:46pm
It seems that we are getting pressure on both sides of the oil cooler. Could one the lines be hooked up wrong that go into the steering column.
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2018 at 5:22pm
I'm not there, so it makes it very difficult to see anything. As I analyze it, you had a perfectly sound and working tractor. ALL the hydraulic functions worked.....power steering.....Power Director......lift/lower of implements, etc.  So, you had a pump failure. Not a good thing, but it's happened before.  I don't know if your 3-point hitch was being forced "UP" because of a Traction Booster or Position Control linkage/spool issue?? causing that section of the pump to go over 2100 psi relief pressure all the time and creating strain and heat that the pump cannot endure over many hrs of use ??  If you had used the 3 point hitch and know that it would lift and lower, that could tell us something. That fact is you had a working hydraulic system and now you've blown up two oil coolers. If there are any lines crossed, you did it. So, to go looking elsewhere on the tractor for a crossed line is illogical (as Spock would say). It can only be whatever you wrenched on and nothing else. If the spool/orifice/spring flow divider is installed wrong, you'd have all kinds of problems. The relief valve parts for the power steering can't be installed wrong, so I doubt that is the issue.
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acplowboy45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2018 at 5:26pm
I was discing when it happened...I have pressure on both sides of the cooler and what I wrenched on is all I have touched....the little check valve inside the pump we have checked could it be the problem.
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2018 at 5:33pm
AGCOPARTSBOOKS.COM.......SIGN IN AS A "GUEST"............pick 200 Agco-Allis...........scroll down the left side and find hydraulic pump......there are 2 exploded views of the pump....you can increase the picture size by hitting the +.
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acplowboy45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2018 at 5:37pm
Dr Allis is there suppose to be a dump line on the power steering side
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2018 at 5:40pm
There is a line from the rear of the pump to a TEE fitting under the steering valve. That has to be there.
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acplowboy45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2018 at 5:45pm
Where does line from the leaving of the oil cooler go.,...mine goes directly to the power steering.
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2018 at 5:52pm
That would be correct. Unless you changed it, it didn't change location by itself. If you haven't touched any of these lines, the problem must be in your pump. That's the only thing you touched, right ??
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acplowboy45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2018 at 5:58pm
It sure is that is the only thing we touched was the pump..we replaced 2 different lines for the power steering but they were at different times..my dad thinking that it has to be in the pump too. Like that little releif valve/ check valve that inside the pump could be stuck.
Gary Burnett View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary Burnett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2018 at 7:26pm
After the loader was taken off how long did you use it before you had the pump problem?

Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acplowboy45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2018 at 9:02pm
I bought it without the loader on it...it wasn't until I started using the hydraulics and discing with it this all started
Lynn Marshall View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lynn Marshall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2018 at 9:46pm
I'm not saying that this is what happened, but it would be very easy to install a wear plate backwards or even a whole section flipped over on those pumps. I don't know how the pump would react if something like that were to happen, but it would probably do strange things.
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2018 at 10:00pm
Lynn is absolutely right. There are 5 body parts to that pump. They are to be assembled (TIMED) only one way. If those 5 parts were not marked before disassembly, the odds of getting them 100% right is slim.
MACK View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MACK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2018 at 10:36pm
I would agree with Lynn and Dr.          MACK
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic