This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Pulling Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

24.5 x 32 Tires for 7000lb Mod Farm Class

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KevinON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 24.5 x 32 Tires for 7000lb Mod Farm Class
    Posted: 17 May 2018 at 8:27am
I am building a 190XT for a Super Light 7000lb Mod Farm Class.  Cube limit is 330 with a 2.3 charger and 3100rpms.  Max tire size is 18.4x38, but I own a set of 24.5 x 32 tires.  I always was a fan of the 38's and thought they were a better all around tire, but what are your thoughts on the 24.5's???  Thanks for the input!
Sponsored Links

injpumpEd View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote injpumpEd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2018 at 1:00pm
Big tires take more HP to turn, in these lower hp classes. 
210 "too hot to farm" puller, part of the "insane pumpkin posse". Owner of Guenther Heritage Diesel, specializing in fuel injection systems on heritage era tractors. stock rebuilds to all out pullers!
KevinON View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KevinON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2018 at 1:08pm
That is true.  I'm not going to get rid of them, though.  I may step up to light pro stock in the future, so they would work well there.  Just wondering if the footprint is much bigger than on the 18.4x38?
ACFarmer View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ACFarmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2018 at 8:21am
Foot print is closer to a 20.8x38.
Making A living everyday farming with and working on Allis Equipment
KevinON View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KevinON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2018 at 8:34am
Thank you!
PaulB View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2018 at 12:24am
If your class has a limit of an 18.4X38, why are you even asking about 24.5X32s😳

Edited by PaulB - 21 May 2018 at 4:05pm
If it was fun to pull in LOW gear, I could have a John Deere.
If you can't make it GO... make it SHINY
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2018 at 7:12am
As per the Firestone tire footprint chart, a 20.8 x 38 has a flat plate area of 380 square inches and a 24.5 x 32 has 430 square inches.  Looks to me like more than 10% difference between the two tires.
ACFarmer View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ACFarmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2018 at 7:45pm
They aren't exactly the same, but they are close. Any given night a tractor on 20.8 can get by a tractor on 24.5 in the hot farm class around here. Then factor in the new cast just for pulling 20.8s that are out now and they get even closer on footprint.
Making A living everyday farming with and working on Allis Equipment
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic