This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Another B

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdm1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Another B
    Posted: 16 May 2018 at 7:07pm
uploads/375/tractor1.jpg Bought a mystery tractor today. Story is-FFA tractor advisor retired and left unfinished. Asked if maybe I could contact him to see what was done. I understand not a good relationship as he wanted them to keep the tractor and they want to start new. So no one knows what was done. Good is all new rubber and rims. Unknown is as follows-no air cleaner, no muffler, no draw bar,no coolant in radiator, no fluid in trans, gas tank maybe ok. Does shift, rolls freely, motor not stuck, hand brakes that do work. No pto or hydraulics. Not sure you would spend money on tires and rims on a non running tractor.
What does it take to convert hand brakes? If it does run it won't be a working tractor anyway. What do you think it is worth?
Everything is impossible until someone does it! WD45-trip loader 1947 c w/woods belly mower, 1939 B, #3 sickle mower 1944 B, 2 1948 G's. Misc other equipment that my wife calls JUNK!
Sponsored Links

The Consultator View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Consultator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 7:28pm
It looks good! Congratulations on getting it.
1939 Allis-Chalmers "B" restored in 2010- very good condition.
Sugarmaker View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 7:30pm
My guess on value would be between $500 and $1500. The rubber is worth as much or more than the tractor. It looks pretty good! Have fun with it!
Regards,
 Chris
D17 1958 (NFE), WD45 1954 (NFE), WD 1952 (NFE), WD 1950 (WFE), Allis F-40 forklift, Allis CA, Allis D14, Ford Jubilee, Many IH Cub Cadets, 32 Ford Dump, 65 Comet.
Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 8:35pm
What is it worth? Probably a lot more than you paid for it. LOL Congratulations, it looks good! Except for those silver front wheels, I would have to repaint those. Looks like they were just about down to the finishing touches on it. I would leave the hand brakes on it since those are correct for that year(s) and it won't be a working tractor. It should take the underhood muffler and air cleaners shouldn't be too hard to find.
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
Gerald J. View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gerald J. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 8:56pm
The shop manual should be helpful in getting it going.
http://geraldj.networkiowa.com/Trees/Allis-Chalmers-G-B-C-CA-Service.pdf

Gerald J.
Rog NCWI View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rog NCWI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 9:34pm
I agree. It is worth more then what some one would pay for it. The tires alone are worth a lot being that they look new. Air cleaner is easy to pick as Farmall used the same air cleaner. I bought a used one 35.00 The seat ,decals and under hood muffler also is available thru supply part dealers. If you can find out if it was overhaul would be a plus. Maybe 600.00 to 900.00. If overhaul I would give more .

Edited by Rog NCWI - 16 May 2018 at 9:36pm
Bill Long View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Long Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 9:47pm
Hey,  It is my favorite.  Looks good too.  Yes there are some things missing but are replacable.  Overall not bad at all.
Convert to hand brakes?  This is a prior 1942 tractor.  I would suggest you keep it original.  Especially since it will not be used for real work.
How much is it worth?  I really do not know.  I cannot help you there.
However, do all you can to see that it gets a good life.
Let us know how it goes.
Good Luck!
Bill Long
Jim Hancock View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim Hancock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 10:43pm
mdm1, I may have an air filter assembly out here if you don't find one closer. 
Let me know if you'd be interested and I'll go look. 
I got a bunch of misc parts awhile back that I need to re-sort and verify. 
How blessed we are by HIS GRACE!
JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 11:53pm
You could do a compression test to see what condition the upper end is in and maybe pull the pan and a rod cap to see if the bearings are new.
Looks like a nice machine to me.
"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer"
Allis Express participant
mdm1 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdm1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2018 at 4:30am
Jim I will keep you in mind. It's going to be parked for a little while as I have another one to get home and start on. I paid $400.00.
Everything is impossible until someone does it! WD45-trip loader 1947 c w/woods belly mower, 1939 B, #3 sickle mower 1944 B, 2 1948 G's. Misc other equipment that my wife calls JUNK!
Randy WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2018 at 6:33am
Contact Alex (wi) he is up in Cecil wi I am sure he can help you. Randy
mdm1 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdm1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2018 at 4:16pm
I met Alex last weekend on a trip with TedJ. He does have a drawbar but no air cleaner.
Steve in NJ View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve in NJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2018 at 7:07am
If you paid $400 for that Tractor, you stole it. Better throw the mask away and hide the gun! Just figure what new tires front and rear are worth. A heck of a lot more than you paid! You didn't do good, you did excellent!  Congrat's.  Enjoy it.  I have some B parts also to if you didn't line  up the few pieces that you need...
39'RC, 43'WC, 48'B, 49'G, 50'WF, 65 Big 10, 67'B-110, 75'716H, 2-620's, & a Motorhead wife
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2018 at 6:56am
That one looks GREAT Mike!!  You stole it for sure.
Can't help you with parts as you know, but always up for a road trip.
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
Lon(MN) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lon(MN) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2018 at 7:19am
I have several air cleaners, three draw bars. foot brakes, a dozen trans. Located in Elk River. Not that far from you. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic