This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fuel filter for HD16

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fuel filter for HD16
    Posted: 20 Jan 2018 at 2:58pm
Hello group.

Trying to track down the first stage or primary fuel filter on my HD16DC. It's a sock type filter. My Agco supplier got me one several months ago but now tells me he can't find one. I have one in my tractor but don't want to pull it to see if it has any markings on it. It didn't come in a box rather just a plastic overwrap. Matched up perfect but am trying to help Morten locate one. Thanks for any cross reference for Baldwin or Wix.
Sponsored Links

DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2018 at 5:54pm
p/n from Allis was a 4055565, secondary was a 4056632. Nothing I have found interchanges the first number. Minnpar shows 18 on hand but only as used HD21 TL40

Later AC p/n 74055565
JoeM(GA) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeM(GA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2018 at 6:51pm
only one I could find is from Luber-finer #L3568F

Allis Express North Georgia
41 WC,48 UC Cane,7-G's,
Ford 345C TLB
Ian Beale View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ian Beale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2018 at 7:35pm
jerbob View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2018 at 7:42pm
You nailed it. This was the same one I pulled out on 16DC.

I went through my trash and found a short while ago.

Many thanks JoeM
jerbob View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2018 at 7:45pm
Correct DMiller. The numbers match out what the book says but the cross check kept telling me the Fleetgaurd FF141 was the replacement. But that is incorrectly shown as that filter is a canister filter and not a COTTON sock filter.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2018 at 7:51am
Dimensions wise the fleetguard FF141 is a will fit paper replacement for the sock type. I would imagine either will perform well in the application. Detroit Diesel used to prefer the sock filters as coalesced water better but the paper elements have come into their own.
jerbob View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2018 at 9:19am
Thank you DMiller.

I admit I did not consider that the paper filter would fit in place of the sock filter. Makes sense as the second stage filter is a paper element. I found the COTTON element so used that but next time around I will try the paper filter.
CAL(KS) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CAL(KS) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2018 at 7:43am
if I recall I modified my housing to fit the paper element both instead of just the one side.  Its probably time to change as its been awhile, but I drain off some periodically and its always clean.
Me -C,U,UC,WC,WD45,190XT,TL-12,145T,HD6G,HD16,HD20

Dad- WD, D17D, D19D, RT100A, 7020, 7080,7580, 2-8550's, 2-S77, HD15
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic