This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

D-19 Allis #1858 That I Recently Bought

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Silver Level Access
Silver Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 180Puller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: D-19 Allis #1858 That I Recently Bought
    Posted: 23 Dec 2017 at 9:20pm

Pictured is a non running D-19 gas #1858 that I bought Thursday..It has a Ford loader on it..Its pretty much complete except that someone recently took the starter off and started to unbolt the governor..Does any other tractor or combine use this starter? The recent D-19 AC versus 4010 JD debate stirred my interest in getting a D-19....There arent very many D-19's in my area..

Edited by 180Puller - 23 Dec 2017 at 9:22pm
Sponsored Links

dt1050 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dt1050 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2017 at 3:41am
can't help with the starter, but nice machine. don't look beat up
Just cause it's orange don't make it a tractor, there's only one..Allis Chalmers
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2017 at 5:25am
Not real sure, but starter could be same as D17, or any other gas 230 or 262...

Edited by DiyDave - 24 Dec 2017 at 5:26am
Rick View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2017 at 6:02am
Nope...D19 gas starter is one of a kind. The combine starter that LOOKS like it, will not work, since the bolt pattern is much smaller. The nose cone breaking off seems to be the biggest thing with those particular starters. However, I believe it mostly happens when the engine diesels backwards...when you go to restart it, you hear a big bang! My brother's good about thinking a tractor isn't running right and then starts messing with the timing. Went through many, until I convinced him that he was the problem! LMAO!   Rick
Rick View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2017 at 6:03am
I might have a couple of extras...I would have to check that next week though.   Rick
Gary Burnett View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary Burnett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2017 at 8:12am
Can't remember exactly what I did it was about 20 years ago but I was able to combine a
combine starter I think off a C gleaner gas with the D19 starter to get one that worked.
Its still on my tractor.
Rick View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2017 at 8:23am
The starter motor will work off a combine engine...it's the nose cone that will not work from a combine to the D19. So...if you used the starter motor off the combine and then used the D10 nose cone, that WILL work. Just not the other way around.
Rick View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2017 at 8:24am
I meant D19...
180Puller View Drop Down
Silver Level Access
Silver Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 180Puller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2017 at 9:43am
Thanks for all the replies...I was afraid that the D-19 starter was one of a kind......I see that I'm also missing the linkage that hooks the throttle rod to the governor..
Don(MO) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Don(MO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2017 at 10:03am
I might know where you can find the parts for your D19, I have a new manifold for a D19 gas tractor still in the crate if you need one. 
3 WD45's with power steering,G,D15 fork lift,D19, W-Speed Patrol, "A" Gleaner with a 330 corn head,"66" combine,roto-baler, and lots of Snap Coupler implements to make them work for their keep.

Don(MO) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Don(MO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2017 at 10:06am
I'm happy to here you picked up that D19, I have asked the owner for years if it was for-sale just to here no not today.lol
3 WD45's with power steering,G,D15 fork lift,D19, W-Speed Patrol, "A" Gleaner with a 330 corn head,"66" combine,roto-baler, and lots of Snap Coupler implements to make them work for their keep.

Rick View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2017 at 10:34am
I've probably got that linkage rod to the governor...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic