This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wishing All A Happy Thanksgiving.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dick L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wishing All A Happy Thanksgiving.
    Posted: 23 Nov 2017 at 8:40am
Spending Thanksgiving at my Daughters. Many people from both sides of her family will be there along with a cattle hauler or two maybe. Most Thanksgiving days one or two semi loads of baby calves come in. Most paces will not take calves on Thanksgiving day and they can not be held over. They normally off load before dinner and take care of them after dinner.
Sponsored Links

Bill Long View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Long Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2017 at 9:03am
Happy Thanksgiving to you Dick.  Looks like you will have a Busy Day.
Good Luck!
Bill Long
FloydKS View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FloydKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2017 at 9:47am
Happy T day ... I am headed to my sisters house
Holding a grudge is like taking poison and expecting the other person to die
Dick L View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dick L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2017 at 2:56pm
Two semi's of baby calves for a total of 500 and one driver came in for dinner. All headed out to four different feeders for an afternoon/evening feeding.
drobCA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drobCA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2017 at 3:02pm
hope you got to just watch and relax for once.
and speaking of thanksgiving - take some thanks for yourself for all your sage guidance on here.
it would be hard to describe how much us neophytes appreciate it.
3 Ford 8N's I loan to neighbors, but the '52CA, '41B and little B1 I do not.
Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2017 at 3:32pm
Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family, Dick L. Bet those truckers are thankful to have a stopover to take care of those little ones and themselves also. And thank you for all of your good advice on this forum.
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2017 at 6:02am
I'm thankful for you on this great forum Dick.   I hope your day was a good one.
God Bless
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
Dick L View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dick L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2017 at 6:42am
Thanks guys!

Son in law and Grand Son along with a hired man and semi drivers off loaded 500 baby calves from two semi's. They had four farms that were set up to take them that were with in less than an hour away. Some went to all three states, Ohio, Indiana and Michigan. One semi driver didn't come in for dinner.
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2017 at 8:53am
 Damg Dick,,,sounds like a LOT OF WORK on Thanksgiving Day,,,so I'm betting all youse hard workers was ready to sit at the table and get after all them good groceries,,,!!!
 HAPPY THANKSGIVING to everybody,,,!!!!!
Dick L View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dick L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2017 at 9:28am
Originally posted by desertjoe desertjoe wrote:

Damg Dick,,,sounds like a LOT OF WORK on Thanksgiving Day,,,so I'm betting all youse hard workers was ready to sit at the table and get after all them good groceries,,,!!!
 HAPPY THANKSGIVING to everybody,,,!!!!!

Not me! I set and visited with my 101 young mother, Grand kids and got hugs from Great grand kids. They can handle that job all by themselves.

They are hard workers. Keeps them off the streets and outa bars.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic