This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

B Valve Train Issue

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theropod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2017 at 5:43pm
Originally posted by Gerald J. Gerald J. wrote:

Looks like the brake drum was there to space that rim from the hub a bit so the rim and tire didn't drag on the axle end. The other rim has more offset.

Tractor fronts or wagon wheels will be available with several offsets and will be reversible to allow using positive or negative offset with the same rim.

Gerald J.

Yeah, that’s what I thought too. Right after Christmas I find out what’s what.

I need to figure out the stud pattern and start shopping for rims, bearings and seals. I need to look for the upright bushings too. I’ll learn how my B goes together by taking the donor apart.

Thanks!
Put the bunny back in the box!
1938 B, 1977 Yanmar YM2200

No private messages:
use email:
theropod AT yahoo DOT com
Sponsored Links

Gerald J. View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gerald J. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2017 at 8:12pm
http://www.baumhydraulics.com has a good collection of hubs, bearings, seals, and rims.

http://www.shoupparts.com   has a fairly good collection of hubs, bearings, seals, and rims.

All sorted by dimensions, not necessarily by what they fit. They both have spindles too.

The best way to search Baum Hydraulics is to download their catalog sections. Those .pdf search better than their web page. Prices in the catalog are suggested resale prices so buying from them is usually with some discount. Usually hidden on a page with the code DATE 2000 means 20% discount from the catalog prices.

Gerald J.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic