This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Pulling Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Gears

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Acllss puller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gears
    Posted: 05 Nov 2017 at 3:01pm
OPS , dr Allis?
Looking to figure a tooth count to get gears made . I have Mack's overdrive box in at overdrive 18+% in a 190 rear . I'm at 22.01/1 in direct and I want to have around a 24:1 in third slot . Any ideas what tooth counts need to be to achieve this .
Sponsored Links

O.P.S. Heads View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote O.P.S. Heads Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2017 at 8:58pm
1 to 1 input gears with your 3rd gear paid being a 24 tooth gear on the countershaft with a 26 tooth gear on the main shaft. 

Edited by O.P.S. Heads - 06 Nov 2017 at 8:59pm
Acllss puller View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Acllss puller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2017 at 8:34pm
Hey mike , so will those tooth count s work with my 18.6 % over drive , I have standard road gear now in place with Macs overdrive before the transmission so I'm at 22.01:1 in direct , so is a 24 and a26 going to be around 24:1 if I overdrive at 18.6% ??? Thanks for your help ! This is Mark from N Y .
Acllss puller View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Acllss puller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2017 at 9:00pm
Hey mike , so will those tooth count s work with my 18.6 % over drive , I have standard road gear now in place with Macs overdrive before the transmission so I'm at 22.01:1 in direct , so is a 24 and a26 going to be around 24:1 if I overdrive at 18.6% ??? Thanks for your help ! This is Mark from N Y .
O.P.S. Heads View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote O.P.S. Heads Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2017 at 8:51am
The tooth counts I gave you will equal close to a final ratio that is 2 points slower than direct drive. It's as close as you are going to get as you only have so many teeth to move around. 
Keep in mind that with a 1 : 1 input gear ratio the input shaft and gear can no longer be made as one piece. The gear has to be separate from the shaft. It will be too large in diameter to fit through the bore in the front of the transmission case.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic