This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

WD45 price and attachments

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chalmerswd48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WD45 price and attachments
    Posted: 05 Nov 2017 at 1:36pm
My father passed away a couple weeks ago and I'm going to buy his wd45 from my mom. Miss you Dad! it has been converted to 12 volt system has a trailer hitch attachment and scraper blade attachment and a plow attachment how do I go about finding how much I should pay her for it?

Also how do I go about finding attachments for it? What is the attachment system called? I wold like to find disc or other cultivators to make my life easier. I am in Utah if that helps with how to equipment.

I also restored a WD as a High School FFA/shop class project, wife wants me to sale it I have hard time doing that, lots of sentimental value with it. She doesn't want two tractors sitting around.
Sponsored Links

Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2017 at 5:59pm
First of all we would need to see some pics of it.  Then you'd get some good advice.  A person has to take into account it's shape, the tires, paint, etc.  Too much info needed to just toss a number out there.
Is the scraper blade an A-C snap coupler backblade attachment?  What model and how many plows?  Pics, Pics, Pics...
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
Sugarmaker View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2017 at 7:31pm
First I am sorry to here about your Dad passing away.
Second Welcome to the forum.
Third: This is a family tractor WD45 is a good one to have. I bought my Dad's WD back from my aunt for $1000. It probably wasnt really worth that but the sentimental value was higher. I restored it to good working condition and cleaned and painted it, put about $2000 + into it. Showed it and pulled it. My Dads great grandson now owns it and his great great grandson gets to go on wagon rides behind it. The value? Priceless! I would keep the WD that you did in school too. This is part of you youth. and when its gone its gone. Talk this over with your wife. You can blame Old Chris on the Allis forum if you want!
Regard,
 Chris
D17 1958 (NFE), WD45 1954 (NFE), WD 1952 (NFE), WD 1950 (WFE), Allis F-40 forklift, Allis CA, Allis D14, Ford Jubilee, Many IH Cub Cadets, 32 Ford Dump, 65 Comet.
Ed (Ont) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed (Ont) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2017 at 7:43pm
The attachment system is called snap-coupler. As to buying it go for it. As Chris said it is a family piece so if you can keep it in the family do it. Don't worry about what is is worth. Talk it over with your mom and try to arrive at a fair price and just do it if it is possible for you. I went thru this a few years back. Got my dad's WD45 that he bought new. You can probably buy one cheaper at auction somewhere but not the same. Every time I use it I feel good!!
Sugarmaker View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2017 at 7:48pm
Ed hit the nail on the head. Think about how many cars your Dad had, probably lots! And my guess not many survived?? But tractors stand the test of time and will live on for several more generation!
Regards,
 Chri
D17 1958 (NFE), WD45 1954 (NFE), WD 1952 (NFE), WD 1950 (WFE), Allis F-40 forklift, Allis CA, Allis D14, Ford Jubilee, Many IH Cub Cadets, 32 Ford Dump, 65 Comet.
Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2017 at 8:14pm
Aaron, condolences on the loss of your Dad. All of the previous posts have given good advice. Keep the WD you have now and definitely get the WD45 if you don't you will regret it later on. If the WD is a 1948 it very likely has the pin hitch for mounted implements, the WD45 is probably a snap-coupler hitch which IMHO is the best system made but it didn't catch on like the 3 point did. There are adapters made so you can use 3 point implements on it. You have come to the right place for advice on anything Allis and just about anything else. There are some knowledgeable people on here who are willing to help out.
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
Ranse View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ranse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2017 at 8:17pm
I didn't buy my Dad's D-10, I just took it over. As far as my Mother is concerned, it was going to be mine eventually anyway. It might have been different if my Mother needed the money. If your Mother needs the money you should pay her, but get it, you'll regret it if you don't. Keep the WD as well. It's not like it's going to make you rich by selling it, and its worth more to you than anyone else.
Chalmerswd48 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chalmerswd48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2017 at 8:10pm
What is this WD worth? it ran when parked many many years ago, the carb is missing.

Edited by Chalmerswd48 - 22 Nov 2017 at 8:35pm
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chalmerswd48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2017 at 8:11pm
What is this WD worth? It ran many many years ago. The Carb is missing
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chalmerswd48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2017 at 8:24pm
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2017 at 8:29pm
Wide front end alone is worth $350.00 around here. If it runs, stops and goes OK $1200-$1500.00. If it doesn't run $650.00-850.00 depending on the condition of the rear tires.
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chalmerswd48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2017 at 8:29pm
WD 

Edited by Chalmerswd48 - 22 Nov 2017 at 8:37pm
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chalmerswd48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2017 at 8:32pm
Rear tire was inflated until my dad and I moved it 15 years ago. I am guessing they are junk
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chalmerswd48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2017 at 8:44pm
Here is the WD45, What is it worth? It has a scraper, and a 2 bottom Rollover Plow. It runs well, Left brake needs a little work. HOw much do I pay my mom for it?
Dan Hauter View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan Hauter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2017 at 8:47pm
There's some glare on the picture which makes it difficult to see what shape the tires are in.  Is the gear shift straight or curved?  If it's straight you've got a WD unless the gear shift has been replaced with 1 from a WD.  It's a wide front & that's a definite plus.  Looks like it's sitting in the weeds.  Does this tractor run?  If not when did it last run?  Engine free?    Has it been sitting outside?  The sheet metal looks OK.  Is the sheet metal straight?  Rusty fenders?  What shape are the wheels in, particularly the rear wheels?  Do the tires have calcium in them?  That's a negative because the calcium rots out the wheels over time.  Is the draw bar in place?  Lots of variables here.  Now to advice.  I have two 1950 WD's, 1 was my dad's & the other was his dad's.  Dad gave them to me & they were basket cases.  Dad even put calcium in the front tires which resulted in rotted front wheels.  I restored both WD's, pouring more money into them than I care to think about.  Wouldn't have done it any other way.  Love those tractors.  So, ...  Buy the WD45 & keep the WD.  You'll be glad you did.  Implements for WD's and WD45's are plentiful & not too expensive.  Except for discs.  They seem to be in hot demand.  Most any part you'll need is available.  Look for swap meets & tractor shows that have parts vendors.  If you have an AGCO dealer within driving range you can buy a lot of new parts.  There are mail order vendors like Steiners and the ones who advertise on the Forum.  GOOD  LUCK!
Dan Hauter View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan Hauter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2017 at 9:13pm
Just saw the additional pics.  Looks like you have 2 wide front tractors.  Good!  Most WD's & WD45's in the midwest are narrow front tractors.  Wide fronts are worth more.  They're also more stable & handle smoother.  I've seen roll over plows at shows but don't know what they sell for.  A regular 2 bottom snap coupler plow in this area will go for less than $100. up to $200., maybe $300., all depending on condition.  What would a roll over plow bring?  Twice as much?  An A-C snap coupler blade (if that's what you have) will fetch $500. easily if it's in very good condition.   Any running wide front WD45 gas will bring $1200. to $1500. here in IL.  So what do you want to offer your Mom?  I'm thinking $2000. for the package would be generous.  The WD45 looks to be in average condition.  I'm guessing the implements are, too.  Good luck!
Bill Long View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Long Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2017 at 10:02pm
Don't lose out on you FATHER's TRACTOR.  You will regret it if it gets away
Sorry for your loss.  You only get one father and they are priceless.
Let us know how it goes.
Good Luck!
Bill Long
bradley6874 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bradley6874 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2017 at 10:52pm
Sorry for your loss miss mine every day. Tell your mom your gonna work on it to get it running once your wife sees the pride and joy you get from working on your dads tractor wont be no problem to convince her to keep both
You can wash the dirt off the body but you can’t wash the farmer out of the heart and soul
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2017 at 6:46am
That WD is REALLY rough and not worth much to sell.  Also if you suspect that the tires are junk, that REALLY cuts down on the value of it.  You're not gonna get much for it, so you should have someone come over and offer you $300 for it and then explain to the little woman that it's memory value is worth more than that.  And as you fixed it up once, you can do it again.

For you Dad's WD45, I'd offer Mom $1500 for the whole works.  See what she has to say? All the pieces are worth that, if it runs.  This should give you a starting point, but as said above, "It was Dad's" and as such is worth a LOT MORE....up to you.

I am so sorry to hear about your Dad's passing.  My condolences.  I'm hoping you and Mom can come to an agreement on this.

One thing NOBODY has mentioned yet,,,,,,,,,,,,it is a SICKNESS, you can't have just one, or two, or,,,,,,,,,once you get started, look out!!!!!!

OH, one other thing,,,,,I told my wife; "would you rather I spend my time fixing up old Allis tractors and machinery, or sitting in a tavern?"  Sometimes she mentions that she would have answered the other way, but she didn't know it was a SICKNESS. LOL

ENJOY your Dad's tractor, you'll NEVER be sorry...
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
Ranse View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ranse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2017 at 5:38pm
I would think your Mother would want you to have it, so she might be willing to let you have it cheaper than someone else. If someone else in the family wants it also, it becomes a matter of who wants it more. I would start around the 1500 to 2000 as said above, which ever makes you more comfortable. It is probably worth that anyway. If your mother is needing money now that your Dad is gone, you should give her what she needs. Think about it, you're going to do that anyway, tractor or no tractor.
Rb2 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rb2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2017 at 1:45pm
I have a wd45 and the loader won,t go down. I,ve tried some adjustments and no luck. I took the hydraulic pump off. And inspected it. First the smallest pump piston nearest the steering wheel does,nt come back to it,s normal position when I press down on it, also retainer for the unloading valve piston seems to be stuck in there. I was thinking that this should slide back and forth. Was wondering if these items are my problem and were do I get parts. Would appreciate any help ,thank you.
mdm1 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdm1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2017 at 3:23pm
Talk to your mother and come up with an agreeable price. If you don't once it's gone it's gone. Like Ted said make room for more. I now have 3. Not close to Ted though. Your wife will understand just let her drive it.
Everything is impossible until someone does it! WD45-trip loader 1947 c w/woods belly mower, 1939 B, #3 sickle mower 1944 B, 2 1948 G's. Misc other equipment that my wife calls JUNK!
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chalmerswd48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2017 at 8:06am
Guess I wasn't clear about the different tractors. There are 3 tractors the "dead" WD, my Dads WD45, and my restored WD. The WD shown above hasn't been touched. Here is a picture of the one I restored. Wish it still looked this well, paint is already fading.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic