This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hey Mel!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hey Mel!!
    Posted: 18 Jun 2017 at 6:10pm
How's the 7G coming, got that slug mound of steel off the front as yet?
Sponsored Links

AC Mel View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2017 at 11:41pm
Dave, It's going pretty good now. The slug bucket is still on there....but is unplumbed and ready to come of. The hose fittings are no.16 on one end and 14 on the other.... that's a bastard size for us....so I quit worrying about plugging the ends.
  So... I will fess up that our expertise does not include much 7G experience. The 2 we have are missing most of the decelerator parts.
That being said....never have had any experience with the ground speed governor thing. After reading the service manuals and the operators manuals...and the fact that the ground speed governors were discontinued.....decided to build a decelerator as we know it. The 6EPs are like that.
  When we got your parts we knew they were not for our serial no. machine......Ironically i have used most of them for my design...even the piece of floor board that i mounted the pedal to.
Haven't put the floor back in yet to finish it .....we're going to put it up on blocks...drop the pans and clean first.  Hoping to get it finished next week.....but...but..between day job duties....our first heat wave... 106 today, and predicted for the rest of the week...irrigating cow pastures...grandsons little league play offs..and any body that wants to buy a septic tank.. to support our habits.
  I'll post some pictures as we get closer.....can't seem to get those pictures to post from the "Shameless Dude"...so I'll have photo space for 7G pictures.
JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2017 at 9:22am
WHAT????!!!!
  You got pichares frum thet Shamelush dude????
Shocked
    .... nevers thought that would happen in a milliant years...Confused LOL
He who says there is no evil has already deceived himself
The truth is the truth, sugar coated or not. Trawler II says, "Remember that."
AC Mel View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2017 at 11:48am
JC....NO..NO..NO!! I do not have Shameless pictures yet!! That's what I was trying to say...so I'll post some 7G pictures when I get done since we can't get Shameless pic.s
michale34 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote michale34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2017 at 12:49pm
I have seen several different versions of the 7g over the years there was one on ebay a while back with the throttle lever in the floor .  we had one that had the hd6ep type shifter and another one with the common square type shifter but both of them had the throttle mounted on the right side of the dash .
JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2017 at 1:31pm
Guess ol' Shamerless didn't lets me down yets...

Maybe needs to take a short vacation and go with camera in hand an collects thet magic hat since ol shamerless hasn't lived up to his end of the bargain...
  CLICK CLICK CLICK!!!      
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2017 at 6:34pm
I think I found one on the innernut...

JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2017 at 7:03pm
DD, this tha hidie and seeker me one?

LeonR2013 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeonR2013 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2017 at 7:57pm
Dave! That ain't Shamless, his shirts don't meet in the middle.
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2017 at 9:20pm
Originally posted by LeonR2013 LeonR2013 wrote:

Dave! That ain't Shamless, his shirts don't meet in the middle.

So you're sayin he's more like this?

[TUBE]9V0YmVzrFNU[/TUBE]
JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2017 at 11:48pm
Naaa, that's not him either he doesn't wear a white hat.
"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer"
Allis Express participant
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2017 at 12:48am
i'm kinda wonder'in....who sent a dude out here to try and takes my picture? driving a rusty ole ferd something! I don't thinks he'll be back, after them bullits puts lots of holes in that thing!
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2017 at 5:16am
Well Mel, may have started sumpthin not easy to handle!! At least the linkage is working and you could use it. Anxious to see another 7G working.
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2017 at 3:35pm
Ole Shameless is holdin up won't go to show afraid someone might catch him with a camera
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2017 at 3:58pm
You guys all buy him lots a beer at Hutch, he ain't seen me - maybe I can sneak up on him and get that picture, iff'n the dang camera don't self destruct.  Tongue
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic