This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Garden Tractors
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

A.C. 720 carb

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M.A.C.K. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A.C. 720 carb
    Posted: 13 Jun 2017 at 2:13pm
Hey gang,

I've started working on the ole 720 and found why it isn't running quite right, looks like the carb is pretty much messed up. there is what looks like a jet up inside the bottom of the carb with a angled cut tube on the end of it that sticks up into the throat, also there seems to be a smaller needle/tube??? hanging down from the roof of the carb into the lower piece, both of them are pretty much tore up, looks like someone was trying to take it apart and failed.

does anyone know of an inexpensive carb replacement for this?? by the way the tractor still has the Onan CCKB engine in it.

thanks,
Mid Atlantic Customs and Klassics
Sponsored Links

AC720Man View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC720Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2017 at 7:57pm
I am not aware of a substitute carb for the CCKB. A shame someone messed it up. i have seen used ones on EBay fairly reasonable.
1968 B-208, 1976 720 (2 of them)Danco brush hog, single bottom plow,52" snow thrower, belly mower,rear tine tiller, rear blade, front blade, 57"sickle bar,1983 917 hydro, 1968 7hp sno-bee, 1968 190XTD
ac720nut View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac720nut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2017 at 7:07am
MACK, contact Maggie At Zenith Fuel Systems, she will put you in touch with someone in your area for new carb. I paid $248 for new one, thought that to be reasonable for one.
M.A.C.K. View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M.A.C.K. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2017 at 2:19pm
Hey Guys,

after doing a ton of research I ended up ordering a carb that looked like it would fit, turns out that fortune favors the foolish I guess. the carb I bought ended up being ALMOST a dead match for the original zenith. it only took a couple of very small tweaks to bolt right in. the best thing is it was only $53.00 shipped and that is a brand new carb (not rebuilt) even the setting were very close just a couple minor adjustments to both needles. another positive is that fact that the high speed jet is on top and super easy to adjust while running. the one thing I found out is the new carb does not have an idle stop on it, that will take a bit of thought.

the carb is a Kohler K482 / K532 from E-Bay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/262826426841?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Mid Atlantic Customs and Klassics
Brad in WA View Drop Down
Bronze Level Access
Bronze Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brad in WA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2017 at 9:20am
Thanks for posting, i might need one.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic