This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

AC Spinner, Rollover or Two Way Plows

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WNYBill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AC Spinner, Rollover or Two Way Plows
    Posted: 25 Apr 2017 at 9:10am
I have seen an ad for a AC 4 bottom, 3 pt. Two Way Plow, it appears to have a hydraulic cylinder and a gauge wheel.  Have looked through Plows 101 and I only find a series 70 two way and only in 2 or 3 bottoms and it does not look like the picture in the ad. The 80 series Two Way is listed in 101 as only one bottom.

It is 100 miles away and too many bottoms and too much money.  What might it be? Is there a chance I could remove a bottom or even two?

Bill
Sponsored Links

DennisA (IL) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DennisA (IL) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2017 at 10:45am
Could you post a picture of the plow?
Thanks & God Bless

Dennis
Dave (Mid-MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave (Mid-MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2017 at 2:33pm
The 70 and 80 series two way plows were available in 2 or 3 bottom sizes. A-C also offered heavy duty two way plows made in Oxnard. The 900 series was available in 3 or 4 bottom sizes. They had solid beams with no shear bolts or trip mechanism. The 800 series was also available in 3 or 4 bottom sizes, but had a bolt-on extension available to add a 5th bottom. These were available with shear bolt or spring trip beams. I have parts catalogs for both, and could possibly ID a plow from a picture.
WNYBill View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WNYBill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2017 at 7:52am
Dave, sent you a PM
Eldon (WA) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eldon (WA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2017 at 11:15am
I've seen ads for AC 4 and 5 bottom rollover plows out here....would take a big tractor to handle them
ALLIS EXPRESS!
This year:
injpumpEd View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote injpumpEd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2017 at 12:27pm
In the very late 70's, dad bought an AC 4 bottom 2 way plow for the 7040. It was set up for on-land, so we wouldn't have to drop the duals since they were cast iron, not pressed.
210 "too hot to farm" puller, part of the "insane pumpkin posse". Owner of Guenther Heritage Diesel, specializing in fuel injection systems on heritage era tractors. stock rebuilds to all out pullers!
JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2017 at 12:29am
I have a 4 bottom spinner, don't know the number.  The fourth bottom unbolts from the frame.  Hard to find parts for it though.
"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer"
Allis Express participant
WNYBill View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WNYBill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2017 at 7:15am
Thanks to everybody,  it looks like the 4th bottoms will unbolt easily. But, I still may have too much plow for my 6060.  

Bill
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic