This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

HD7G IN SERVICE

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2017 at 12:08am
PS...the right brake pedal will also be moved to be run by your left foot and the right foot will be for the decelerator pedal (like a mans tractor)...have a design for that ....but not this weekend.
Sponsored Links

shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2017 at 12:20am
should be able to run that thing bare footed! lol
AC Mel View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2017 at 12:36am
SHAMELESS!!! What are you doing up at this time of night?  You know it might be a good time to post that picture...no one would see it now.
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2017 at 12:57am
I had to gits up to go pee....what's your scuse? oh...and I ain't smart nuff to post any pics on here, if I knew how, ya'll would see lots of my blunders and such! lol
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2017 at 6:26am
Awesome work as usual Mel, that is one hefty set of forks, Ulrich didn't make those too?!

Looks like you have a handle well attached for this mod and so glad it is working for you.

My 7G has the delete on the ground speed as did the donor, all of those components are just plate covers on mine. Could see where that would be handy on steep inclines.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2017 at 2:12pm
Something else I am considering with moving brake pedals to a combined side is to remove so much of the throw on them. Brakes adjusted to spec they travel almost to the toe screen, adjusted any tighter and they drag. Already reduced the boost or actually allow the fluid pressure to relieve early on the assist as they were set WAYY TOO HIGH!! when I got the machine, ended up breaking a shoe early in ownership. Would really prefer for the brakes to be a lot lighter than currently and to be more sociable as to making turns rather than so abrupt.
doctorcorey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doctorcorey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2017 at 5:29pm
Originally posted by DMiller DMiller wrote:

Awesome work as usual Mel, that is one hefty set of forks, Ulrich didn't make those too?!

Looks like you have a handle well attached for this mod and so glad it is working for you.

My 7G has the delete on the ground speed as did the donor, all of those components are just plate covers on mine. Could see where that would be handy on steep inclines.
My 7G has the ground governor, not connected. That and when they disconnected it they butchered the linkage and disabled the decel pedal. I've considered removing it as it's just something there spinning that could eventually fail and fill the tranny with hardened American steel fragments. Also it's an extra lube pathway that could leak internally. If I remove it and it's good I'll sell it to someone. 
LeonR2013 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeonR2013 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2017 at 3:58pm
Hey Dale, that ain't the way to spell bloomers.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic