This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

HD 11 6V-71 discing

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tad Wicks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HD 11 6V-71 discing
    Posted: 23 Mar 2017 at 12:03pm
I was out discing the other day and thought I would show a few pictures. Paint has really faded no more Tisco paint for me, at least it has color on it Thanks Tad

Just a few bugs built up on the fan blade

Sponsored Links

CAL(KS) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CAL(KS) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2017 at 1:23pm
Awesome!. Thanks for sharing
Me -C,U,UC,WC,WD45,190XT,TL-12,145T,HD6G,HD16,HD20

Dad- WD, D17D, D19D, RT100A, 7020, 7080,7580, 2-8550's, 2-S77, HD15
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2017 at 1:33pm
So nice to see one of our old monsters still working for a living.
Allis dave View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Allis dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2017 at 1:54pm
Nice pictures. Looks like pretty country. That offset disc is doing a great job of breaking up that ground.
darrel in ND View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2017 at 3:04pm
Very nice pictures. That 11 must just play with that disk, eh? Darrel
farmtoybuilder View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farmtoybuilder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2017 at 3:23pm
Great pictures! And views of the country.
5 different TT-10's,5 TT-18's Terra Tigers,B-10,2 B-207's,B-110,2 B-112's,HB-112,B-210,B-212,HB212,2 Scamp's & Homilite T-10. Still hunting NICE HB-112 & anything Terra Tiger & Trailers for them.   
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2017 at 3:26pm
Great pictures.Thanks for sharing
Tom
Lee Bradley View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lee Bradley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2017 at 11:52am
Nice machine.  Good looking collection in the tree line.
shameless (ne) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless (ne) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2017 at 3:15pm
that's one aggressive disk! thanks for the pics
Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2017 at 5:14pm
Looking in background - road grader in treeline - no cab - and another tractor 
 Info ? 
Seems the 11 could handle more disc with that power .
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
donoman View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote donoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2017 at 10:08pm
Great pic's you would need good ear muffs to handle the music from those exhausts
Mikez View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2017 at 10:39pm
Yea thanks for sharing. Cool set up

What are you disking for. What's going in this ground now
JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2017 at 1:02am
and it sounds real good...
[TUBE]dX-paPEkRvE[/TUBE]

He who says there is no evil has already deceived himself
The truth is the truth, sugar coated or not. Trawler II says, "Remember that."
Tad Wicks View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tad Wicks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2017 at 4:43pm
This tractor is incredible, my cousin calls it the "power no shift'' it just keeps right on pulling, I idle it down in the hard pulls so as not to put all the power to the drivetrain, it will spin its tracks in 6 th idled down. The disk that I am pulling is a bit unusual  because it has 11 inch spacings normal disks are 9 or 9.5  so this one pulls extra hard almost like a stubble disk, the front gang rolls down trash like a plow and it takes a bunch of grunt to do it and the blades are not very good as well. At a little under 18 feet that pulls like 30, it will put a TD18 TD15 or 3T D7 in the lowest holes they have to pull wide open and never see 4th unless a good downhill. The engine could take a whole lot more but the steering clutches and drivetrain could not, all you have to do is blow on the steering levers to turn in a hard pull when it is sunk to the spools. The idea behind the big engine in a smaller tractor was to load it lighter,not having to shift and keep a constant speed in the steep hills we have here and boy does it do that. I wish that I would of done this many years ago, but there is no more grain farming here since CRP so I just disk this up for fire protection and I have fun doing it. I did grow beardless barley and Kanoda oats but it has been so dry here that I haven't planted since 2009. There was a thread on the tractor about 7 years ago when I first finished it. One funny thing is it still has the battery that I bought in 2007 or 2008 still going for almost ten years, Interstate batteries, you just can't beat them. I need to get with Mel and find out where he got his decals but the paint faded so badly in the CA sun I am very disappointed.   Thanks All    Tad
darrel in ND View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2017 at 5:45pm
Good story. I kind of remember your engine swap back then. And, yes, interstate batteries USED to be the best. But the ones I've bought in the last couple years haven't lasted at all. Don't know if they changed something or what. Darrel
AC Mel View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2017 at 10:28pm
Tad, Yes we like the pictures too, great job!!.  We have a set of decals left for the battery boxes that we did not use for the current restoration. Let me get with my decal guy next week and see if he will do another set for the hood, they are bigger than the ones on the battery boxes. We try to use the dimensions that are in the parts book.  Of course you would have to post pictures after they're applied (LOL). Let me work on it. Even that faded paint would look great with fresh decals. 
shameless (ne) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless (ne) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2017 at 1:21am
what....your ink pen go dry Mel? LOL
HD6 Merv View Drop Down
Silver Level Access
Silver Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6 Merv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2017 at 1:42am
Great pics there thanks Tad.
Beautiful countryside there too; I would feel quite at home there.
Cheers from kiwiland mate.
tits tyres and tracks

they all cost you money
Tad Wicks View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tad Wicks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2017 at 3:18pm
Hey Coke, the grader is an Adams 511 powered by a TD14 engine, the engine runs good but the rest of it is very worn and it needs a clutch. The tractor is a Farmal "super M" with a wide front end and converted to propane, funny thing is this tractor belonged to a fellow by the name of Cocke. In front of that, if you look real close in the trees, there is a antique horse drawn "austin" grader with about a 6 foot molboard. This is a partial lineup of my treasures I have acres of them, much to the chagrin of my wifeWink.   Tad
ac fleet View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac fleet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2017 at 12:39pm
GREAT post!!! thanks; ac fleet
Sugarmaker View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2017 at 8:54pm
Really enjoyed the pictures! Thanks for taking the time to stop, take and then post them for us!
Regards,
 Chris
D17 1958 (NFE), WD45 1954 (NFE), WD 1952 (NFE), WD 1950 (WFE), Allis F-40 forklift, Allis CA, Allis D14, Ford Jubilee, Many IH Cub Cadets, 32 Ford Dump, 65 Comet.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic