This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

AC Ontario club trip to George Nesbitt

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JasonB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AC Ontario club trip to George Nesbitt
    Posted: 22 Mar 2017 at 8:13am

Just wondering how many of the Ontario members on here are going on the trip put on by the Allis Chalmers club of Ontario to see George Nesbit's AC tractor collection? Planning on going myself.

Sponsored Links

Fred in Pa View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fred in Pa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2017 at 10:13am
When is the sale .
He who dies with the most toys is,
nonetheless ,still dead.
If all else fails ,Read all that is PRINTED.
Just because you do not have the tools for job , it dose not make it a bad design.
JasonB View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JasonB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2017 at 11:20am

The Sale is July 14th -15th according to Mecums website. He has quite the collection for sure.
Ross D. View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ross D. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2017 at 2:25pm
Hi Jason.   I just received the itinerary for the trip. Calvin Schmidt and I will be there. Looking forward to seeing Georges collection again. It has certainly got a lot bigger since I was there a few years ago.
   In the late 1960's, I worked for the A C dealer in the Pembroke area, and can remember servicing Georges big disk that he pulled with the D21. Wow, that was a BIG unit for that area.
   Ross D.
leoversteeg11 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leoversteeg11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2017 at 4:26pm
I hope you guys get to see ALL of the Tackaberry collection. His museum is awesome but the storage sheds contain more trucks than you could ever believe. Has to be seen to appreciate the magnitude. I prefer the Nesbitt collection but Tack's has no equals.
TramwayGuy View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TramwayGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2017 at 4:54pm
That's only 3 hrs away from me. When is the tour?
JasonB View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JasonB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2017 at 6:46pm
Originally posted by TramwayGuy TramwayGuy wrote:

That's only 3 hrs away from me. When is the tour?

The tour is on the 8th and 9th of April. Sat we are at George Nesbitt's collection, and Sunday at Tackelberry's.   
JasonB View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JasonB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2017 at 6:48pm
Originally posted by Ross D. Ross D. wrote:

Hi Jason.   I just received the itinerary for the trip. Calvin Schmidt and I will be there. Looking forward to seeing Georges collection again. It has certainly got a lot bigger since I was there a few years ago.
   In the late 1960's, I worked for the A C dealer in the Pembroke area, and can remember servicing Georges big disk that he pulled with the D21. Wow, that was a BIG unit for that area.
   Ross D.

Ross, looking forward to meeting you and Calvin. Paid Brad McBride tonight for the trip and looking forward to it. Was told 54 people are going on this trip so it will be fun.

Jason
WD45 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WD45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2017 at 8:47pm
I am looking forward to visiting both of these collectors on the Allis bus.
Fred Dunlop, G,B,CA, WC,WF, 3 WD45`s,gas, diesel and LP,U,D10 series III, D12,D14,D15 SERIES II,D17 Series IV in Gas and Diesel ,D19 GAS and D21,170 185,210 ,220 an I-600 8070 fwd, 716H and 1920H
JasonB View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JasonB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2017 at 8:52pm
Originally posted by WD45 WD45 wrote:

I am looking forward to visiting both of these collectors on the Allis bus.

I noticed in your signature that you own a 1920H, What year is it? and does it have differential lock? Owned one myself for 10 years.
Ted in NE-OH View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted in NE-OH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2017 at 9:22pm
Would anyone that is going to Geoge's be willing to take some pictures for me and e-mail them to me? e-mail me    actcseifert@hotmail.com

Thanks
CA, WD, C, 3 Bs, 2 Gs, WC, I-400, 914
Ross D. View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ross D. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2017 at 5:45am
Hi Ted.    Pictures of--------- ? George has some great videos on youtube and his granddaughter has posted videos on the 'Forum', Let us know if you are looking for something in particular.   Ross.
Calvin Schmidt View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Calvin Schmidt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2017 at 5:47am
I'll be there with four other local friends. 
Nothing is impossible if it is properly financed
JasonB View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JasonB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2017 at 7:06am
Originally posted by Ted in NE-OH Ted in NE-OH wrote:

Would anyone that is going to Geoge's be willing to take some pictures for me and e-mail them to me? e-mail me    actcseifert@hotmail.com

Thanks

Il be taking my camera, so Il be able to get some pictures as well. Any specific tractor you want a photo of?

Jason
WD45 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WD45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2017 at 8:27am
Jason we purchased the 1920H new in 1998 but it is a 1997 model.
Believe it has diff lock but have never used it. Bought a 60" deck with it from Shedden farm Equipment. We still use our 1976 716H which I bought new July 1976 from Martin Rental in Barrie on the roto tiller. These were both well built machines.
Fred Dunlop, G,B,CA, WC,WF, 3 WD45`s,gas, diesel and LP,U,D10 series III, D12,D14,D15 SERIES II,D17 Series IV in Gas and Diesel ,D19 GAS and D21,170 185,210 ,220 an I-600 8070 fwd, 716H and 1920H
Brampton 02 gt View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brampton 02 gt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2017 at 12:40pm
One of the highlights of the trip will be stopping at every green dealership we drive by... Everyone on the bus will get a dozen eggs each.
JasonB View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JasonB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2017 at 2:08pm

Jason we purchased the 1920H new in 1998 but it is a 1997 model.
Believe it has diff lock but have never used it. Bought a 60" deck with it from Shedden farm Equipment. We still use our 1976 716H which I bought new July 1976 from Martin Rental in Barrie on the roto tiller. These were both well built machines.

They are very well built. I had a 1996 AGCO Allis 1920H from 2002 to 2012, bought her used from Hyde Brothers in Hensall Ontario, only had 351 hours on it when I brought her home. Traded a 1614H in on it. When I sold it in 2012, it had 1351 hours on it. Thought I was in heaven when I first drove a 1920H. Ironically, the 1614H I traded in for my 1920H is now back in my hands. I ended up buying my old 1614H back from the dealer in 2005 and have had it ever since. Don't do much with it for my lawn business anymore, but it has a lot of sentimental value to me, as it was the 1st mower I ever bought and helped start my business with. It's left my property once, the 1614H won't leave again.

I had mixed feelings about selling my 1920H, but it had no diff lock on mine, and I was having trouble with gaining traction while blowing snow with it, even with weight and chains on it, only wish it was 4X4, and had foot pedals for the Hydro, like the Legacy's.

Have a 77 Allis 720 Garden tractor though, which I probably should do something with.. Trying to decide weather to keep the Onan engine in her or drop in a Kohler Command engine.   

WD45 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WD45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2017 at 8:35pm
Jason I also had a 720 with front end loader but I sold it to someone who had more time to restore it. Our 1920H has under 800 hours.
Two years ago I updated to a zero turn Kubota diesel and it is a lot easier to cut around flower beds , trees etc.
Put around 100 hours on Kubota each year cutting 4 to 5 acres each week . All family plus one rental place we have.
The 716H with 48" deck did a better job cutting the lawns than the 60 " deck on the 1920H but 1920 H steers a lot easier.
JasonB View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JasonB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2017 at 9:56pm

Jason I also had a 720 with front end loader but I sold it to someone who had more time to restore it. Our 1920H has under 800 hours.
Two years ago I updated to a zero turn Kubota diesel and it is a lot easier to cut around flower beds , trees etc.
Put around 100 hours on Kubota each year cutting 4 to 5 acres each week . All family plus one rental place we have.
The 716H with 48" deck did a better job cutting the lawns than the 60 " deck on the 1920H but 1920 H steers a lot easier.

My 1920H had a 48 inch deck on it, it did an awesome job cutting. I loved how the deck floats to follow the contour of the grass. Do miss that a bit since moving to newer Deere machines. I also heard the same thing about the 60 inch deck on the 1920H's not cutting as well as the smaller 48 inch deck. The Power steering on them 1920H's are nice.

Jason
Dusty MI View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dusty MI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2017 at 8:23am
I have a 917h with a 48" deck that I used to mow 1 acer. Then we moved to a new place, now I mow 3 to 4 acres, so I bought a 61" ZT Simplicity. I"m happy with the job it does and it takes about the same amount of time.

I did a side mount with the 917 to mow under all the pine trees with limbs that start at ground level.

Dusty
917 H, '48 G, '65 D-10 series III "Allis Express"
chad shafer View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chad shafer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2017 at 2:14pm
    Please post pictures of the 4 Wheel Drives. The 4-305 both side views please.

Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted in NE-OH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2017 at 9:01pm
George has an IB with a cab, quite rare, I gave one that I am restoring one . I need pictures of the floor around the pedals so I can see how it was enclosed in that area, also need to have a picture of the ceiling of the cab and any more pictures of that IB that someone would be willing to take. Thanks actcseifert@hotmail.com
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted in NE-OH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2017 at 9:04pm
George has an IB with a cab, quite rare, I have one that I am restoring and need pictures on the details of the cab both inside and outside.

Thanks

Ted Seifert

actcseifert@hotmail.com
Ed (Ont) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed (Ont) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2017 at 9:12pm
Bump.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic