This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New hoses on h4

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New hoses on h4
    Posted: 20 Mar 2017 at 8:30pm
Finally got my crow foot wrenches.  Removed two hoses.  66 bucks later I put them both back on. Don't see any oil leaks. checked final drives. still full of oil.  Used it for couple hours today. got my pond about 40 percent cleaned out.  top of the pond is pretty dry. Like a crust on it. The old 340 back hoe has a hard time breaking it,  really dry around here. don't think we had 2 inches of snow all winter, probably couple iches of rain since last fall.  don't work to fast but steady. Nice to have a machine that both steering brakes and clutches work. The old engine runs pretty strong.  its coming along and hopefully I will get it all cleaned out this week so I can decide how much I want to expand it.  Its Missouri and I know the rains will come.  Have a good day.  Norm
Sponsored Links

Randaleky View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randaleky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2017 at 11:54pm
Glad to hear the hose change went smooth except for the cost ! Hoses are high for sure.
pinball View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2017 at 6:38am
I take my hoses to the local cat dealer. Use to take them to napa but last hose I took to them they charged me 89 bucks for a 32 inch hose.  cat charged me 33 bucks for the same size hose. At least they will last me forever. thanks  norm
darrel in ND View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2017 at 7:02am
Good to hear that your gaining the upper hand on that machine, pinball. I am surprised that cat was cheaper than NAPA on hydraulic hoses, but if they are, that's all the better. I am sure cat has some quality hoses. The "pond" project sounds like fun. Keeps ya busy, and out of mischief, eh? lol. Good luck finishing up the pond. Hope you find more uses for the machine when you get done with the pond. If you get a hankering to sell it, let me know. Thanks, Darrel
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2017 at 8:15am
Awesome news pinball.
CAL(KS) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CAL(KS) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2017 at 9:48am
saving money and enjoying it!!
Me -C,U,UC,WC,WD45,190XT,TL-12,145T,HD6G,HD16,HD20

Dad- WD, D17D, D19D, RT100A, 7020, 7080,7580, 2-8550's, 2-S77, HD15
Ian Beale View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ian Beale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2017 at 4:41pm
But have you bogged it yet?
pinball View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2017 at 9:16am
Well I aint no expert at operating one of these things by no means but I'm learning. Yesterday when I was cleaning it out and was getting down to the clay I ran across some green looking stuff. Not the bluish in the bottom but I  mean green. Never expected that. So far I only got it stuck once but was able to use the bucket to get it out. don't have a whole lot left but was is left is getting into the bluish looking . it soft and I mean soft. going to try  to dig down to the clay below it so I can get it out without getting stuck. That sure is messy.  lucky so far with no rain. if I can get by till sunday I think  can finish it.
The napa store I only use when I have to. They seem to be higher on there prices anymore. its locally owned so maybe that's why. They are the only parts store that seems to have the knowledge on a lot of stuff. The others don't seem to keep there employees long enough to learn anything and most are pretty young. The cat place gives me 4000 lb hoses. Very nice people. within 30 minutes or less I can walk out with a new hose. They do a lot of work for people around here. With the price of oil anymore you almost have to stop any leak you can. Do no one thing. Cant beat this weather for March. Have a good day.  Norm
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2017 at 12:46pm
If you get into hydraulic clay it will swell and basically inflate from stored liquid. Stuff sticks to everything and gums up even the heaviest grousers, that stuff you need to stay out of and if have found it back away as it could be several tens of feet deep. Is also known as Fire Clay as makes good fire brick.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic