This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

A-C model L hunt

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A-C model L hunt
    Posted: 10 Mar 2017 at 1:18pm
I am looking for a model L crawler that has a good under carriage..
 I have an LO that has busted the dead axles out the main casting, and been partly cannibalized... need a good donor for the LO engine. lol

Seen this "L" but was years to late at finding out about it...
 but sure would have been a good candidate.

Just by chance does anyone know where this one went to? It was out near Beresford, SD.
  Or know of one similar or parts of with a decent undercarriage... Thanks

He who says there is no evil has already deceived himself
The truth is the truth, sugar coated or not. Trawler II says, "Remember that."
Sponsored Links

DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2017 at 6:33pm
Prolly went to china, when the scrap price was highCry
Norm Meinert View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Norm Meinert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2017 at 9:17pm
I know of a L for sell. can call me at 815-238-4506
Dozer View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dozer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2017 at 7:33am
I had an AC model "M" that I had a gear shop make a pinion gear for. It worked well. But that was only one final drive gear. How many parts are gone from your machine?
Sugarmaker View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2017 at 1:56pm
Originally posted by Norm Meinert Norm Meinert wrote:

I know of a L for sell. can call me at 815-238-4506

JC,
You may be on track for one!!!
Post that picture of that LO again! That is one awesome crawler! Love the three stacks!
Regards,
 Chris
D17 1958 (NFE), WD45 1954 (NFE), WD 1952 (NFE), WD 1950 (WFE), Allis F-40 forklift, Allis CA, Allis D14, Ford Jubilee, Many IH Cub Cadets, 32 Ford Dump, 65 Comet.
JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2017 at 6:43pm
Sugar maker, which picture?
injection pump and mag side

exhaust manifolds

Overall view of what I have of the LO

Right out of the 1935 sales book...

An LO brochure showing early Bosch injection pump.

I like this vid.
[TUBE]_3Vo5Lx4VZ0[/TUBE]
and this one is of Dave Smiths 'L' that was headed for scrap when price was high 3 years ago...

Here was a thread that was up in march of 2014... In there it shows what was left of an LLO which probably joined the L above.
http://www.allischalmers.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=87065&title=l-or-lo-allis-crawler-help
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2017 at 8:44pm
All great pictures of a Awesome AC machine!
 I like that brochure from 1935!
Thanks! and good luck with the hunt for the donor "L"!
Regards,
 Chris
D17 1958 (NFE), WD45 1954 (NFE), WD 1952 (NFE), WD 1950 (WFE), Allis F-40 forklift, Allis CA, Allis D14, Ford Jubilee, Many IH Cub Cadets, 32 Ford Dump, 65 Comet.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2017 at 8:47pm
JC,
Time for some new plastic bottles over those exhaust pipes!
Regards,
 Chris
JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2017 at 8:23am
I was thinking more in line of some heavy duty aluminum cans for the chimneys... Them plastics seem to degrade in the sun and blown away in the wind...
Dana Hobson View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dana Hobson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2017 at 3:03pm
Call austin salvage in butler mo. I think that they had an L there, but it was a long time ago, maybe ten years ago. Good luck.
Dana Hobson

Perry, OK

B,WD-45,D-10,D-12,D-14,D-15,D-17,D-19,D-21,200,7060, HD11E,Gleaner L2
Hogman61 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hogman61 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2019 at 5:25pm
I have a friend in se south Dakota that just called me wondering if I knew someone looking for one of these crawlers. He has no internet or computer or smartphone. From what I understand he has 3 model LO's. One runs and has a dozer blade, one runs but no blade, and one just for parts. All for sale. Get ahold of me and I will get you in touch with him if you're interested.
cy97w250@gmail.com View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cy97w250@gmail.com Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2023 at 4:41pm
Does anyone know of any L or LO parts tractors, looking at buying an LO that has a good undercarriage
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic